$2200 for a s12 on GB

haha I was waiting to see someone mention this! The gun is mine, and for what it's worth it includes 5 ten rd AGP mags and a nice VFG surefire light combo. . =) not saying it's a great deal but I can't justify owning a 2,000$ shotgun at my age. . especially cause I have to raise 8,000 to travel to Australia for the next 4 months.

haha I was waiting to see someone mention this! The gun is mine, and for what it's worth it includes 5 ten rd AGP mags and a nice VFG surefire light combo. . =) not saying it's a great deal but I can't justify owning a 2,000$ shotgun at my age. . especially cause I have to raise 8,000 to travel to Australia for the next 4 months.

That's a good use of your money, you will be glad you took that trip, esp when you are older. :super:

If it's any consolation, you don't own a $2000 shotgun (yet).

He will do shortly; 4 bids and $2200 with 12 hours left.

Things are only ever worth what someone else will pay for them so I guess that makes his worth $2200?

Eventually the individual who buys it will come here and ask Q: In due time we'll see who got shafted. Maybe I should sell them an MD-20 for $500.00. No...No...I changed my mind. How about $2,200.00. There.

well, just to put my .02 Cents in again. It seems that people are having no problem selling these (rising sun?) crappy made Saigas for 1750! So I figure, the gun I bought from Red Stick is MUCH nicer than theirs! and if you add in the 5 brand new 10rd AGP mags, and the Tango Down VFG with surefire and pressure pad, it's prob a better deal than buying some hackjob converted S-12. . . . . Either way, that's how I would like to justify it =)

And just to throw it out there, even if I got 3,000 for it, it's not easy to give up my Saiga!

well, just to put my .02 Cents in again. It seems that people are having no problem selling these (rising sun?) crappy made Saigas for 1750! So I figure, the gun I bought from Red Stick is MUCH nicer than theirs! and if you add in the 5 brand new 10rd AGP mags, and the Tango Down VFG with surefire and pressure pad, it's prob a better deal than buying some hackjob converted S-12. . . . . Either way, that's how I would like to justify it =)

And just to throw it out there, even if I got 3,000 for it, it's not easy to give up my Saiga!

I agree w/everything you posted

I think we should enjoy seeing how high the price of a Saiga shotgun will go. That is, in it most elemental component, the law of supply and demand. If glockluv can get $5,000.00 for his shotgun, more power to him. In reality, the rising price should make us feel good. I would assume that the vast majority of people who post on this board already have one or more. So, an increase in the price validates your investment. Yes, it may shut out a few people, but the creative and innovative will find a way to get a bargain, so they, too, will eventually be able to join our clan.

Just my .02 cents.

WJ.

Edited by WarriorJudge

do the 5 mags $250 act as ky jelly for the fu#$ing someone is about to receive,big deal its just five mags and depending when the s12 was bought $200-450.to each his own what goes around comes around glad you can sleep at night after fu#$ing someone like that,like the saying goes a sucker born every minute :lolol:

do the 5 mags $250 act as ky jelly for the fu#$ing someone is about to receive,big deal its just five mags and depending when the s12 was bought $200-450.to each his own what goes around comes around glad you can sleep at night after fu#$ing someone like that,like the saying goes a sucker born every minute :lolol:

Just a very rough estimate (some of the parts I'm purely guessing at here since I dont feel like looking them up):

700 Saiga 12 in today's market

250 pistol grip conversion and refinish

200 grip plus stock plus folder conversion

300 miscellaneous doo-dads (grip, light, muzzle, sights, foregrip, handle)

100 install of HK sights and charge handle

250 five AGP mags

That's about $1800 plus shipping costs if you wanted to buy all the stuff and do it in today's market.

At $2200 plus shipping costs, that's about a $400 difference. I personally wouldn't be willing to spend the extra dough, but I can understand how someone would want to because it would take quite a while to wait for a competent gunsmith to get all of that work done and wait for all the various parts to arrive. Then there's always the risk of bad sales or bad conversions, so for the person who wants it all now and doesn't like risk, I wouldn't call it a bad deal.

Edited by Monk

Depending on when it was bought? Smoking crack?

I want to buy a 1957 convertible Chevy for the 2k they cost new back in 1957... guess what... I can't!

I want to buy a case of XM855 for the $200 it used to cost just 2 years ago... guess what... I can't!

I want to buy Gold for $450 per ounce like it cost 4 years ago... guess what... I can't!

What something once cost can have virtually no bearing on current cost. What someone paid for something can have no bearing on what they sell it for.

Supply and demand. Economics. Inflation. Dollar devaluation. Free market. Get used to it.

BTW, I will give you $200 for your Saiga, which is an offer you should jump on since that's all you paid for it.

Just to fuel the fire i paid about 1600.00 for the entire package shipped a little over a year and a half ago. And for the record I started the auction at 100.00 LESS than what I paid! Not trying to f$*k anyone! infact if I get a job that pays enough I'm sure at some point (depending on the impending election) i'll be paying somewhere in that realm myself for another S-12. . . I just need the money! Which is the same reason I'll probably GB my two MD 20 drums I have coming. . but keep in mind I never bought any of this with the intention of capitalizing off of the deal, I just wanted a bad ass clip-fed shotgun and couldn't find a Tromix =)

Just to fuel the fire i paid about 1600.00 for the entire package shipped a little over a year and a half ago

My estimate was $200 over, and Saigas a while ago were a couple hundred less than they are now, so it's good to know my guesstimating skills are still sharp. ^_^

No more bids, Sold for 2200! (I'm not disappointed) except the top bidder had no feedback so we will see if he actually pays up. . .

All I can say is, how qickly can I get mine posted on Gunbroker!!!!!!!!!

post-2727-1211267048_thumb.jpg

I could build 3 three more for that price.

post-2727-1211266982_thumb.jpg

This is how it works on GB.

Its a $700 gun (only on there), and every $100 worth of mods you do ups the price about $400.

Didn't you know, all the rich kids buy their guns off GB.

im glad i got my saiga when it was only $400!

Ditto! And I have to say - that wasn't all that long ago for me... I think it's only been 6 or 8 months since I bought mine - now bone-stock S-12s seem to be running around double that. Whew... The big downside for me is that I really wanted to get another for a different conversion, but it looks like I'll have to settle with one for now. :) I think I'm not alone when I say that my guns are doing better than my other investments right now. :D

Edited by Syvman