Why is there so little traffic here?

This forum went online on 12 February 2003.

If you can post links in other forums or help it any other way - it would be just great!

Right now it gets about 250 to 400 visits a day, totaling about 34,000 since the beginning...

My guess that people just read the info that is already posted and leave happy...

If any of you guys have any ideas on how to bring traffic up - I'm all ears!!! :cat:

• 5 years later...

hahah holy crap.

I still have access to statistics, these days, so, lets quote ONLY APRIL FIRST 2009, shall we -

Day 01 Apr 2009

Number of visits 6331

Pages 96035

Hits 742500

Bandwidth 3.05 GB

....and its been slow lately.....Ill pay for that.....remember, this is a DAY, and NOT a good one, at that!!!

no comment on made up magic cards with no combo to win the game in them from Sir Dorkus.

This is an idea from another forum that i post in. They had a lower receiver (ar-15) give away. The rules to the game... you would have to have at least 30 new posts from the start date to the end date, and all those that posted their 30 times got their name in a hat, and at the end one was drawn and he received the lower receiver.

Maybe you could do that here, have maybe a magazine giveaway or something with the same premis. Heck when Mike D had his drum "game" he had ALOT of posts in that one topic. Since this site has an e-store maybe give away coupons or 1/2 offs.

I know from experiance (join date, and number of posts) that most of the time i come here i just read articles that interst me, and most of the information i need was received a long time ago. So maybe a promotion of that caliber would increase posts... I know that if you had magazine or parts give-aways in relation to post count i would become a contributing member and post more often

just my two cents

Most people here are shooters, manufacturers, gunsmiths, judges, self employed and not so much posters.

The guys here apply real world been there done that and don't recycle what someone else said.

Add to that that the forum is easy to navigate and search old threads, if you come here for info its a quick in and out.

Unlike ARF.COM where you sort page after page of BS to get the one nugget of good info, here nuggets are used to pave the driveway.

A point of advice. If you have a difficult problem just post "THIS CANT BE DONE" and someone will be along to prove you wrong.

For instance, A bullpup S-12, with a good trigger, natural LOP, ambi friendly, forward controls, accepts PIC rail accessories, drums or mags, and costs less than $500 to convert.

Don't tell me it can't be done.

What can we do to generate more traffic here? We can post links to the forum at all AK and related discussion forums. Wherever saigas may be talked about, we should post links to this forum. there is hardly one new thread per day.

I know ... You need to start a company that sells the Saiga12 for 299.99 shipped :smoke: Sorry could not resist but I bet this place would really pick up :super:

This is an idea from another forum that i post in. They had a lower receiver (ar-15) give away. The rules to the game... you would have to have at least 30 new posts from the start date to the end date, and all those that posted their 30 times got their name in a hat, and at the end one was drawn and he received the lower receiver.

Maybe you could do that here, have maybe a magazine giveaway or something with the same premis. Heck when Mike D had his drum "game" he had ALOT of posts in that one topic. Since this site has an e-store maybe give away coupons or 1/2 offs.

I know from experiance (join date, and number of posts) that most of the time i come here i just read articles that interst me, and most of the information i need was received a long time ago. So maybe a promotion of that caliber would increase posts... I know that if you had magazine or parts give-aways in relation to post count i would become a contributing member and post more often

just my two cents

What can we do to generate more traffic here? We can post links to the forum at all AK and related discussion forums. Wherever saigas may be talked about, we should post links to this forum. there is hardly one new thread per day.

I know ... You need to start a company that sells the Saiga12 for 299.99 shipped :smoke: Sorry could not resist but I bet this place would really pick up :super:

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

THE LAST POST BEFORE THIS WAS MALICIOUSLY BUMPED WAS FROM 2003!!

THE TOPIC IS WAY OUT OF DATE!

This is funny as hell, this topic is six years old...I really don't think it was brought up as a valid question...lol.....more of a "Hey, look what we came from to where we are now."

It's just to show how far this site has come in the last couple of years. we could always use more traffic, but I think we have quite a bit here. My member number is in the 12,000's and less than six MONTHS later the member numbers are in the 15,000's. 3,000 people joined this site inside of six months....we're doin' pretty good.

Edit: Damn, I just noticed one of new posters is in the 17,000's.... :super:

Edited by hallboss
This forum went online on 12 February 2003.

If you can post links in other forums or help it any other way - it would be just great!

Right now it gets about 250 to 400 visits a day, totaling about 34,000 since the beginning...

My guess that people just read the info that is already posted and leave happy...

If any of you guys have any ideas on how to bring traffic up - I'm all ears!!! :cat:

SEP 17 2003

2003 come on.

NOW so much traffic we need a bypass!

Edited by madmax4x4

LOL @ the thread necromancer cards :lolol:

Good shit nalioth! :super:

As far as people who get their panties all bunched up when they see an old thread brought back, I've never really understood what the fuggin big deal is, as long as it contains pertinent information or touches on a subject that is still relevant. EVERYBODY here wasn't here before, the first time it was covered. Some threads about important things, no matter how old they are, contain valuable info and answer the same damn question we get asked daily now. It's easier to post a link to all that, than it is to go into a new lengthy discussion about something.

I've sent countless people to this forum from other forums, from meeting them in real life at shoots and gunshows, and handing out my card (which says to go to saiga-12.com for all info on saigas).

I have also directed many people to specific business members here like dinzag, tromix, chaos, css, cga, kingarmory, (hell just about all of them for that matter)...for different things they specialize in.

I do not see us as "competition" like some others do....I look at it differently...like we are all local shops in a mall of sorts, each with some of our own specialty items, and of course some things overlap.

EVERYBODY here wasn't here before, the first time it was covered. Some threads about important things, no matter how old they are, contain valuable info and answer the same damn question we get asked daily now. It's easier to post a link to all that, than it is to go into a new lengthy discussion about something.

Adding valuable information to an old thread is one thing.

Bumping up an ancient and totally irrelevant thread for no reason other than "you found it" is quite another.

Read the cards, they've got clues to forum postin etiquette.

I did read the cards. I thoroughly enjoyed each one. :smoke:

I'm just saying all this "forum posting ettiquette" stuff is a little bit too "taking virtual life too seriously" in my book. It's the internet. Some of us haven't been around computers and chat rooms and forums as long as others. Hell I didn't even have a computer at all, or had ever used the internet before about 10 years ago.

Now one thing I do take issue with is personal attacks and trolling. But we all know that.....

Been on computer just over 3 yrs. This was second site joined after a web search, do to my son sending pictures of captured Converted Saigas In Iraq (Still in shipping crates). Yes, found out later these were Russian originals. :super: Remember trash over bitchin when membership # hit 10,000. If it was real or not. #'s stayed low until 2 things happened, 1st 94 ban expired and 2nd regular shipments of saigas. :eek: So, if a thread like this comes up, I enjoy it. Shows how hard the original crew worked and had faith. :super: Remember, when forum had no sponsors, now have to rotate sponsor banners. :smoke:

Something I think would help drive a lot of people to this site, would be to organize the data collected here into categories, like a newbie section, with all the same repetitive question we all answer over and over, the basics. I've been working hard to drive people here, by free give a ways, linking this forum from my website with menu button; I think all the business members should consider doing this. The benefits go both ways, they go all the way round, if there is a product or service I don't offer I direct them to this forum to my business section at the click of a button, and they're in. I can't tell you how many people I've sent here through my site for Tom Cole, MD ARMS, Dizag, and so on. I believe a big promotion involving some of us larger more known business member would catch a lot of eyes, drive a lot traffic. Say something like a converted Saiga 12 trimmed out with all the best goodies.

I think it would be a huge help as well if all the business members had a FAQ stickied in their section.

A brief description of what you guys offer, website links and some product pics....

If y'all want stuff moved... .... Tell INDY!!!!!...J/K!!!! :haha:

lemme know and I'll hook it up!