the first revolver i ever shot was a .44 Mag S&W ("Dirty Harry" ;) ) loaded with hunting ammo.

was quite the kicker, but great fun. in the end the recoil of the (overloaded) ammo was actually quite managable.

also awesome accuracy potential on those guns.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep hearing of people complaining about the recoil of .44 magnum, where as I don't think it's bad at all, considering how heavy .44 mag revolvers are.

Man, I need to take my .44 Magnum out. I have a Ruger RedHawk but I haven't shot it in quite a while. Heck, I haven't shot anything in quite a while... :ded:

I keep hearing of people complaining about the recoil of .44 magnum, where as I don't think it's bad at all, considering how heavy .44 mag revolvers are.

Man, I need to take my .44 Magnum out. I have a Ruger RedHawk but I haven't shot it in quite a while. Heck, I haven't shot anything in quite a while... :ded:

Dats what I have too. It's got some 8+" barrel, good times.

Glocker needs to shoot his avatar!I would! :lolol: Try a Titanium S+W 329. It ways 26 ounces unloaded and kicks like a mule! I love mine! B)

I just tried out one of the 13 ounce smith .357's yesterday. I fired 50 rounds, and my hand still hurts.

• 2 weeks later...
Glocker needs to shoot his avatar!I would! :lolol: Try a Titanium S+W 329. It ways 26 ounces unloaded and kicks like a mule! I love mine! B)

That sounds like some brisk recoil there... I did get to take my Redhawk down to the range. Great fun, the range officer came walking up to me when I was leaving and asked me what I was shooting. He said when I opened up with it and some DoubleTap ammo, the ret of the people stopped firing just to figure out what was going on! :devil:

People who complain about .44 mag need to try .500 magnum.