Incomplete collection

Buy a .410?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a .410 in the collection?

• Yes, no collection is complete w/o a .410.
    • No, they are for whimps.
    • Maybe, if you get it for a good price
    • Branch out and by a different brand this time
    • No, buy another S-12 instead

Yes, no, maybe, why, or are you simply dense?

Should I add a .410 to the Saiga family residing in my house.

Are there more conversion parts for the .410 than the S-20? Does the .410 cycle without the apparent break in issues of the 20?

Oh, and while I'm asking newbie questions and I should no longer be considered a newbie (at least I hope not) why are there no long 16 gauge shotguns?

WJ

I don't have any real use for a .410 myself. Since it's exactly as big as an S-12, it loses it's functional advantage.

Nothing wrong with having one in your quiver, though.

I'd probably buy another 12.

Edited by BobAsh

If you are serious about having a collection of Saigas, why not start with the first one that was made. That would be the 410.

It's the closest Saiga shottie to the actual AK-47. It only has one gas port. The barrel is almost the same OD. It's the easiest one to convert using real AK furniture.

And as a bonus....if you ever want to go all out with it Tony can turn it into a badass rifle!

The S410 is what started me on the saiga shotguns. I use 410's as my primary hunting weapon. The only reason for the S12 was hunting ducks, oculd not find a reasonable source of nontoxic shot in 410. Of course after having the 410 and the 12 I had to get the 20 (the only converted one I own).

I use the .410 for hunting, and it is my FAVORITE shotty for rabbits and squirrels! ( Well, ok, once in a while I like the S12 for squirrel... ) but I would take the 410 out 10 times to the S12 once...

I have at least one of each Saiga... so I say YES... no collection is complete without one!!!

:smoke:

Cobra, being a 410 enthusiast we see that ("kid's gun"?) all the time. It ususally comes from people who can't hit the broad side of the barn, even with a shotgun. It takes a real shotgunner to shot a 410, and do well at trap and skeet. The local range even has a 410 club and they really like my Saiga 410 for what it is, a simple flawless operating shotgun.

Edited by 6x6pinz
Cobra, being a 410 enthusiast we see that ("kid's gun"?) all the time. It ususally comes from people who can't hit the broad side of the barn, even with a shotgun. It takes a real shotgunner to shot a 410, and do well at trap and skeet. The local range even has a 410 club and they really like my Saiga 410 for what it is, a simple flawless operating shotgun.

I love my .410 also. The last time my brother in law and I went skeet shooting I was hitting his clays with .410 and he had the 12

I actually enjoy shooting mine more as a "rifle". I wish I could find some sabot slugs that wouldn't break the bank, so I could get some use out of my paradox choke. Still though, without the paradox, it's very accurate with Barnaul and Brenneke slugs.

In fact, just last night about dark, Racegal and I were down at the range shooting some guns (In David's honor) and I let her take the 410 for a spin from 20 paces. The first 5 rd mag she was rapid firing and was all over the place but still on paper. The second time she slowed down a bit and put 4 shots within the black (3.5") circle. That's only the second time she's shot my 410, it was getting dark, and she needs glasses.

Not too bad at all.... :smoke:

post-1293-1216050718_thumb.jpg

Need glasses? Hell, I'm blind as a bat. Some friends came over Saturday and 2 guys around fifty were talking about how old they were getting seeing as they needed 1.25 reading glasses. I'm 43 and I use 2.50. I'm sure you old farts know exactly what I'm talking about. Just imagine how well I'll do when I can actually see what I'm shooting at!

As for the .410, I thoroughly enjoyed shooting and not waking up with a big bruise on my shoulder.

• 2 months later...

Just got mine yesterday, but yet to venture into the 20 or 12 gauge version. Just having a little fun so far. Sort of impressed with the performance of some Winchester 2.5" sluggers on a phone book and some wood, although from what i've read, I should stick with my 12 gauge for deer (even the smallish deer that are overstocked in our neck of the woods???) Gotta get me some brenneke .410's and find out.

Get the 410, then send it to Tony to be modded.

Next step:

Get a Mec 600Jr in 410 and then you can reload all the slugs you want CHEAP!!!

That's what my best friend does for his 410. The slugs he makes are WAY better than factory!