What kind of pistol grip does everybody have?

I'm just going to throw this out there...wouldn't expect to see it any time soon, nothing was promissed, but there was a thread a while back where Mike D was looking at making the Saiga ergo grips. Keep your fingers crossed for things that might be available long term :smoke:

I bought an ergo and reshaped it into awesomeness.

What'd you have to do to reshape the ergo? I have a tromix trigger guard.

Rasps, files, dremel tool, fine grades of emory paper....

Have you seen that new SPETSNAZ(4?), almost like SPETSNAZ-3, but with wooden SVD Dragunov hand guard and wooden pistol grip. I just have to say that I almost fell in love. Price is HIGH, I mean really high: 1250 €, i.e. almost 1980 $, but it is beautiful and you get also six 8-round mags with it. And that ergonomy, nothing missing.

saiga12_spetsnaz_3.gif

Edited by tt_
  • 2 weeks later...
Initially I wasn't crazy how the SAW looked on Saiga 12 but I decided to use one since it was the only grip that fit the aluminum all in one trigger guard. Now that it's on there I have no regrets. It fits my hand quite well. Very natural.

Are you referring to the Tromix one? I was thinking about getting one for my conversion, but if this is true, then I'm not, cuz I don't want to use a SAW grip.

Wheres the best place to buy the Izhmash Saiga pistol grip for a saiga .223? Thanks!

Rusmilitary has them in stock for the S12 now, bought 2 yesterday, pretty sure they will interchange.

Guess you got the last ones or stirred other(s) to buy 'em up

Rusmilitary showed Sold Out just after this ....arrgh.

Anyone know of another source for these?

sorry if hijacking somewhat, but figured it fit best here.

Cheers, HarvKY

I prefer the Ergo. My only problem is that for the life of me I can't figure out how to keep the rubber bottom grip-plug to stay in :angry: I don't want to glue it in because I want to be able to take grip off in the future. I would also prefer not to cut it off since the big open hole on the bottom of the grip just looks "wrong".

I did not have to do any modifications to the grip when using it with the Tromix trigger guard except add about a half dozen washers so that the bolt did not bottom out.

that pic or the "sagnov" is the cats ass! the only time ive liked the look of the magwell saigas also when will some one make a top cover like that for us here in the US even though they don't hold zero i still want one for my aimpoint m3 :devil:

I ordered two of the ATI ergonomic grips today from Cheaper than Dirt. Paid $16 and change each and got $10 off the order with an on-line coupon!

A good deal for a quality US made grip!

Initially I wasn't crazy how the SAW looked on Saiga 12 but I decided to use one since it was the only grip that fit the aluminum all in one trigger guard. Now that it's on there I have no regrets. It fits my hand quite well. Very natural.

Are you referring to the Tromix one? I was thinking about getting one for my conversion, but if this is true, then I'm not, cuz I don't want to use a SAW grip.

^Anyone have an answer to the question above?

I used the Tapco SAW grips in one conversion and the standard US made AK grip in another for compliance. I would like to use the US made Galil grip or one of the ergo grips if they are marked 'made in USA'.

I run a Galil pistol grip and I LOVE mine. The ACE Limited versions do indeed say USA on the inside and they are an exact copy of the IMI part. It even appears to be the same type of plastic.

Saga12002.jpg

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

Monk he's referring to skiboat's DIY TG (saigatechusa). With the Tromix one you can use any grip you want (I think).

• 2 months later...

Monk he's referring to skiboat's DIY TG (saigatechusa). With the Tromix one you can use any grip you want (I think).

I have found that Tony states his tg can fit other than SAW with some minor modification to the bottom of the receiver. Saigatech's is reputed to fit all standard AK grips including CAA and ATI ergos.

If you went to the SAW without ever trying a TDI Egro, you are missin out

TDI Ergo grip

About half way down

http://www.thecountryshed.com/ak47_handguards_and_grips.htm

or its copies

ATI

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AK-GRIP-ATI.aspx

Sure-Grip AK Issy S.P.E.C. Tactical Grip

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=693

Edited by brd
Plus one hartzpad. I neglected to mention my favorite grip because most people can't find them. Nothing beats it though! That's why the Russians call it their "orthopedic" grip. :smoke: I've got em on three of my Saigas and love em!

The ergo grip pictured a couple of times above is the one I like too. Very comfy on the hand.

Then there's the TDI Ergo grip with the large finger grooves....also very comfy.

The Saw grip just never did anything for me.

I bought an ergo and reshaped it into awesomeness.

S308.jpg

I'm on the reshaping a hard ergo grip plan

SaigaAK104002.jpg

ReasorsSept053.jpg

I'm on the reshaping a hard ergo grip plan

SaigaAK104002.jpg

ReasorsSept053.jpg

I see you chose to keep the RPK wood on the .308. Looks great! :devil:

I have a SAW grip on the 12 and a large US AK grip on the .308...I'm uncertain who made it, but it's larger than a regular AK grip.

Edited by Surly

Yeah, it's an Israeli grip. It is made from hard plastic. They're available from CDNN for about $12.00, I just got one the other day for fun. I find that it doesn't fit my hand quite right, the finger grooves are a little too deep. My favorites so far are the factory AK grip, and the SAW grip. Oh, I like Galil grips also. I think those are my favorites because they don't lock your hand into any one position with finger grooves. It seems that whatever Magpul put their minds to, they pull off amazingly well. You guys should join me in pestering them about AK products...

Yeah, it's an Israeli grip. It is made from hard plastic. They're available from CDNN for about $12.00, I just got one the other day for fun. I find that it doesn't fit my hand quite right, the finger grooves are a little too deep. My favorites so far are the factory AK grip, and the SAW grip. Oh, I like Galil grips also. I think those are my favorites because they don't lock your hand into any one position with finger grooves. It seems that whatever Magpul put their minds to, they pull off amazingly well. You guys should join me in pestering them about AK products...

Thanks, trying to figure out what CDNN is (googling...)

-Thirtycal

I have a slightly different requirement when it comes to pistol grips.....

Several years ago, while in the Army, I sustained a shotgun injury to my right palm, which exited out the back of the right wrist. My hand was pretty much touching the muzzle when it discharged. It ruined my whole day. :cryss: They were able to save the hand, but even with the months of reconstructive surgeries and therapy, I'm still not able to open my thumb very wide.

Because of this, I have a difficult time getting my grip around pistols and pistol grips, right handed. I manage, but it's not very comfortable. I've always been slightly ambidextrious however, so even though I mainly shoot left handed now, I still practice with my off hand. I tended to favor my right hand before it got messed up.

That being said, I prefer the feel of the SAW grip in my left hand, but I can't get a hold on it with my right.

So unless I design a "broomhandle with a bolt", I'm pretty much stuck using the standard AK grip. I haven't compared the circumferance of the different grips where the web of your thumb goes, but I suspect few (if any) are smaller than a standard AK grip. I don't really want to buy them all just to see if they fit my right hand better.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin