The only time in competition I load on an open bolt is at the start of the stage, the rest of the time it is loaded on a closed bolt.

How do I do it? Push a little harder.

No, I don't download the mags.

I've been waiting on some things, before releasing mine. That's about all I have to say about that....

Cool. After the e-mail i got. People want to bring out the best they can and well what a mess. don't understand why the few that go thru the pain of wanting to improving something seem to get nail to the cross. Happened to me with my Harley v-rod. Came to point that i don't build on mass production prices. i tell them to buy it from them. My turbo kills the competition and that is good enough for me. I am sure the products are top notch. They are ready when they are ready. I have been waiting for a while now, so when I see the message they are done, we go from there.

Edited by streetrod

Im waiting for Cobra to bring his into production and I am going to get mine from him. True its straying from the AK platform, but I think its justifiable when it comes to the shotty.

My shotty if you can get a full mag to load on a closed bolt, its hard to pull the bolt back to cycle in that first shell. LRBHO would solve that problem.

I tried doing that in the dark loading an AGP mag in an S-12 and say practice! Took me like 5 minutes! Practice practice!

My wife already resents the fact that I spend more time with my weapons than her.

If I sit in the dark fondling..... I mean practicing with my S 12 shotty, which is my favorite weapon and she knows it, I may be on the way to divorce court :haha:

If one were to guess, my guess would be Cobra is waiting for mag wells? But that's just a guess.

I'm looking forward to Cobra's LRBHO and Mike's Mag well.

To be honest, I want that more than the drum.

My sentiments exactly. It's not the magwell that's holding up the LRBHO any more. I have one installed on my gun and have that pretty much squared away. There are some other issues that need attention right now...and drums ain't it.

Beating a dead horse.

Get the Gen 2 AGP mags. Or get the Gen2 update kit from AGP. Reloading on a closed bolt with a full magazine is much easier. AND you must shave the bottom of your bolt to remove the "bump".

I have a mag well gun, but I am only about 3/4 of a second faster with the mag well. The only real advantage is I fumble a closed bolt reload without the mag well about 1 out of 4 times.

Mag well reload: My best is 1.99 seconds aimed shot to aimed shot. (Aimed shot means hitting a steel plate at 12 yards.) I average right at 2.25 seconds

No mag well reload: My best is 2.56 aimed shot to aimed shot. I average about 3 seconds.

Dean Makkos claims a 1 second reload without a mag well. If you look at his 1st Tromix built Saiga competition gun you will know why. He has beat the s**t out of it practicing reloads. Dean now has a mag well on his second Tromix. He is keeping the first for times when a drum is legal. Yes, Dean has a drum.

I just sold Jeric's LRBHO and extended mag release because I didn't feel that i needed them (and I didn't want to modify my Izzy 8 rounders). In the few 3 gun comp's I have completed, I have been able to reload with my AGP mags just fine. It has taken some practice but my well used year 2000 model Saiga 12 can quite easily be reloaded on a closed bolt with a full 10 round mag. Just takes wearing in the mags by practicing a lot of reloads.

Do I want a magwell? Yes. But I am fine for now and just waiting to see what pops up on the market.

By doing 3 gun I have gotten faster on my mag changes. But I do 3 gun for training more than trying to win. And in a SHTF situ I'll take fractions of a second faster and no 1 out of 4 fumbling if I can get it. Since I don't live and breath 3 gun, tweaks like these help me level the field.

By doing 3 gun I have gotten faster on my mag changes. But I do 3 gun for training more than trying to win. And in a SHTF situ I'll take fractions of a second faster and no 1 out of 4 fumbling if I can get it. Since I don't live and breath 3 gun, tweaks like these help me level the field.

+1

Couldn't say it better myself.