My SAIGA 308, Part-2

RE: the brake. It's a US-made slant brake. It deflects gases

upwards which pushes the muzzle downwards, greatly reducing

muzzle rise.

I can assure you that it is installed correctly. It's just how the

picture came out.

Did the brake fit right on, or did you have to modify it to make it work?

2nd Gunman, I think I might have discovered a make shift retainer for the Tapco handguard, by accident. 1" Tasco scope ring appear to have the same radius edge as the recess in the front of the forend. I think with a piece of wood acting as a spacer to get a tight fit (1" - .8"), getting rid of the tip-off mount on the bottom of the rings, and a few recess cuts into the forend it might be able to hold it on and not look too bad.

2nd Gunman, I think I might have discovered a make shift retainer for the Tapco handguard, by accident. 1" Tasco scope ring appear to have the same radius edge as the recess in the front of the forend. I think with a piece of wood acting as a spacer to get a tight fit (1" - .8"), getting rid of the tip-off mount on the bottom of the rings, and a few recess cuts into the forend it might be able to hold it on and not look too bad.

This sounds VERY interesting. Please start a new thread on this if you find out anything more about this.

I don't mind dremelling on a cheapo scope ring, but I don't like hacking directly on the firearm unless I have to.