All are pretty weak once you try Russian Standard. My little sisters brought me back a bottle from Russia a few years ago as they are the leader in Russia. It just started being imported in 2007--about damn time. It ranges from about $20-$25. Like a Saiga, don't let the price tag fool you.

http://www.russianstandardvodka.com/

And Stoli is partially made in Latvia--Kraut fodder countries. Sweet.

Changed from Grey Goose (made in france) to Three Olives (price went up) to Russian Standard. The Russian Standard is quite tasty & my personal favorite although Stoli is also quite good. Get a bottle of each and have some friends over, put them (the vodka, not your friends) all in the freezer, serve shots of each and record their preference. Start with the most expensive and by the time you get to the cheap stuff they may like it better. :)

If you can get over the fact that it's made in France, Grey Goose is an excellent vodka for martinis, but stoli would be my second choice. I still buy Smirnoff for bloody's and mixers though cause it's a great vodka for the price. In my high school days, I would have recommended something along the lines of Taaka Vodka or Roundy's Brand, LOL.

I will, however, NEVER!!! buy Absolut Vodka again after they posted this add in Mexico, and then quickly retracted it after protests.

2398832457_01a57ab6f1.jpg

(this was a REAL ad by the way.)

Smirnoff. I like stoli better, but since I don't drink it straight anymore I go with Smirnoff. Its actually one of the best produced. The price is low only because they produce and sell in high volume, not because its low-quality.

All are pretty weak once you try Russian Standard. My little sisters brought me back a bottle from Russia a few years ago as they are the leader in Russia. It just started being imported in 2007--about damn time. It ranges from about $20-$25. Like a Saiga, don't let the price tag fool you.

http://www.russianstandardvodka.com/

+100! Simply best tasting vodka for the money!!! $25 for 1.75L is cheap in my book!

first off,... to the answer the question,

Stoli,

second,... looks like I need to try some of this Russian Standard,

third, but maybe first,

I had this vodka in Austin Texas, made by a small Texas distiller,..

it's called Dripping Springs, I would put it up against Grey Goose, or any other top shelf vodka,

you don't even have to put it in the freezer.

I brought back the only 2 bottles they had in the liquor store i went to, definateley worth looking for,..

http://www.drippingspringsvodka.com/home.html

Don't forget to store it in the freezer.

I don't recommend this. It dulls the palate and erases the nuances of flavor.

I agree. You really don't need to do that with Russian Standard. I only do it with Jager and Everclear.

My Russian Standard bottle from Russia is smaller and has an insert to prevent refilling. Silly Russians and their black markets.

Don't forget to store it in the freezer.

I don't recommend this. It dulls the palate and erases the nuances of flavor.

What can I say? I learned it from Vladimir & Nina who came over from Siberia in 1999. I generally only shoot Vodka when around them and that's what they do. I am certainly no authority but it tastes good. I'll let it warm up next time and see what subtle things I'm missing. :)