Is there any ammo that this thing WON'T eat?

Old thread somewhere about rifled slugs hard on barrel. :unsure: My two don't like star crimped winchester(feed issue). Flechettes(spelling?) on door breacher type barrels on other type shotguns can be an issue. Sort of like fragmental ammo on some ported pistols. :cryss: Most anything commercial, if shoulder can handle it, should be okay. :smoke:

I was in a tactical shotgun class today and brought out the Saiga to let the students play with it. Couple of the guys asked where they could get one! We used Winchester low recoil slugs and Winchester 00 buck. Ate everything without a problem. I SERIOUSLY need some 10 round magazines.

Do not try to fire 3.5" shells, it'll probably blow the barrel.

Won't fit in the mag. You might could shove one straight in the pipe if you were really determined to do something horrible. :cryss:

The S12 should eat anything but sabot slugs. Those should only be used in shotguns with rifled barrels.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine used to eat it all on setting 1...... :( not anymore after my conversion. not sure why....

Enough friction was added by way of the Tapco trigger group that you put into place.

If you remove the hammer and polish it to a shiny finish where the bolt carrier rides, you might get lucky and have it cycle properly again.

Mine used to eat it all on setting 1...... :( not anymore after my conversion. not sure why....

Enough friction was added by way of the Tapco trigger group that you put into place.

If you remove the hammer and polish it to a shiny finish where the bolt carrier rides, you might get lucky and have it cycle properly again.

+1 on the polish job, could really help.

Do not try to fire 3.5" shells, it'll probably blow the barrel.

Won't fit in the mag. You might could shove one straight in the pipe if you were really determined to do something horrible. :cryss:

The S12 should eat anything but sabot slugs. Those should only be used in shotguns with rifled barrels.

You can shoot sabots in your Saiga with the factory Paradox rifled choke. However, you should not use sabots in a Saiga with the integral full choke barrel.

Winchester Super X 3" Turkey Loads with the maximum charge have little splits in the crimp that hang up on the breach but other than that it will eat anything I've put through it.Even Sabot Designs LLC and Reduced Recoil 9 pellet "Tactical" bullshit have worked flawlessly so far(4,000+rds 11 failures)