foregrips and drum...??

anyone shoot the drum with a foregrip? how is the "fit&feel"?? does your foregrip arm interfere any with the drum?

I've been browsing the s12 pics and I have not seen any Saigas modded with an original vertical wooden foregrip??

I'm thinking about modding mine with it.... anyone seen one already built?

thanks..B

It doesn't feel right with the drum. Thats my opinion.

Now, if there was an adjustable grip that rotated to the side for use with the drum, that would be good.

Oh, and +1 on the LaRue FUG... Got one on my AR and its the tits!

Can you do a foregrip on an 8" barrel like an Tromix S-17 and also have drum?

If not, what is a shortest barrel length that would work in a set up like that?

I am not too hot on the foregrips as of right now... do you guys suggest them for a 20 round drum setup?

anyone shoot the drum with a foregrip? how is the "fit&feel"?? does your foregrip arm interfere any with the drum?

I've been browsing the s12 pics and I have not seen any Saigas modded with an original vertical wooden foregrip??

I'm thinking about modding mine with it.... anyone seen one already built?

thanks..B

A vertical foregrip will make the drum more comfortable for most people.

I am not too hot on the foregrips as of right now... do you guys suggest them for a 20 round drum setup?

You can use even the longest vertical forgrips on a 8 inch S-17 and be just fine with the drums.

post-2662-1228873785.jpg

I'm not to big on vertical foregrips either. But they do make the gun more comfortable when using the drums. I've been telling myself that I need to make myself comfortable using the vertical foregrip. I'm comfortable with your typical hand guard but a vertical grip is better. You increase weapon control with a vertical foregrip as well as speed up target acquisition. Really we should all make ourselves comfortable with both.

You can use even the longest vertical forgrips on a 8 inch S-17 and be just fine with the drums.

post-2662-1228873785.jpg

I'm not to big on vertical foregrips either. But they do make the gun more comfortable when using the drums. I've been telling myself that I need to make myself comfortable using the vertical foregrip. I'm comfortable with your typical hand guard but a vertical grip is better. You increase weapon control with a vertical foregrip as well as speed up target acquisition. Really we should all make ourselves comfortable with both.

Off topic, but...

Is that the Ohio Rapid Fire mat your shotgun's under?

Great place.

Mike, that is an 8" Tromix S-17 right?

Doesnt your wrist have to "wrap around" the drum to get to the foregrip?

That to me would make it feel uncomfortable and awkward.

I think having a grip on the side would be the best... but that wouldnt be good for overall handling as it would get in teh way.

You could always get an grip that locks and unlocks easy to move around as needed.

But i like to "set and forget" my weapons and dont like the idea of always having to move a fore grip around, another reason i would just rather not have one.

But how easy is it to hold an 8" shorty like that while youre popping off 20 semi rounds from the drum?

That can be dangerous on a barrel that short cant it?

Would it almost be a def must to have a foregrip on an 8" shorty with a drum?

Edited by TronJohn

I'm not too hot on the ideas of using a VFG, but I'm thinking the S-12 will be getting one in the near future. Although having gone out this last weekend and running a value pack plus through it (quick session), the only time it felt awkward was when I would first start shooting. After that, I was more concerned with the woodie from being able to dump out 20 rounds of 12ga without reloading. :devil:

post-2662-1228873785.jpg

Hey mike, that isnt the normal S-17 is it? That seems to have a longer hangguard... so its the S-07?

I was told if I went with the S-17, the foregrip would need to be modified to accept a VFG.

I am kind of thinking of putting a collapasable foregrip on the side like a hammer drill... what do you guys think?

I dont belive you can add horizontal grip onto that particular Tromix grip to get that hammer drill setup, even with modifications can you?

I may have to get an entirely different foregrip then other than the one above, one that has rail already there in place on the side.

Any one know of any cool looking foregrips with rail already?

Edited by TronJohn
If you have problems, Krebs sells an adapter that allows you to mount a grip off of a SIDE rail and there are adapters that let you mount VFGs at an angle.

The Krebs part.

Hey this may work... but how does it attach to the foregrip?

Do you have to remove the normal forgrip?

Can this be added on to a Tromix S-17 or S-07 like Mikes?

I can see somebody coming up with a VFG that easily adjusts from vertical to 45 degrees (maybe even to horizontal) with a small Ace folder type hinge. I think it would be a big seller as more drums are sold.

Yankee Hill Machine makes a VFG that folds.

Let me look for it.

Here ya go, http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/grips.html

Edited by bigcraig
I can see somebody coming up with a VFG that easily adjusts from vertical to 45 degrees (maybe even to horizontal) with a small Ace folder type hinge. I think it would be a big seller as more drums are sold.

Yankee Hill Machine makes a VFG that folds.

Let me look for it.

Here ya go, http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/grips.html

I've seen those but they only seem to fold forward and back rather than out to the side(s), which is what you would want for use with a drum. And I think no more than 45 degress out for any kind of extended firing. We've obviously got some talented fabricators making parts here. Hopefully a large enough market will accumulate to encourage developement of something like this. For me, being able to make quick adjustments from vertcal to 45 degrees when going from mags to drums would be key, Thus my folding stock type hinge idea. Of course the stock hinge has only one locking position and this would need at least two.