ProMag 10 rounders (wit pics)

First post here for Huklebry.

I have been frustrated with the lack of Saiga 12 magazines on the market, last weekend I went to a local gun show and was VERY surprised to find several 10 round magazines. I bought 4 with out even thinking about it and now I'm hoping I won't have buyers remorse.... I picked up 4 ProMag 10 rounders.

After an extensive online search I haven't found any Product reviews. Are these new on the market? Or are they that bad? Below pictures to help identify.

post-3-1231781798_thumb.jpg

post-3-1231781818_thumb.jpg

post-3-1231781832_thumb.jpg

If nothing else they sure are pretty :rolleyes:

post-3-1231781843_thumb.jpg

I should be able to go to the range this week and find out for myself, but any insight you have would be welcomed!

Thanks for posting this....so they show up at a gunshow first...who woulda thunk it.... :unsure:

Like I said I was VERY surprised to see ANY mags available at the show. They are scarce as hens teeth around here. None of the local shops have had them and I could not find an online dealer that wasn't out of stock. People are borderline frantic with the upcoming admin and all...

I think they look sweet. How much were they? :dollar:

They were $44 each...

AGPs were $64 each...

I hope I didn't get screwed :cryss:

I'll post a full review after I hit the range.

Anyone else have any of these?

Thanks for posting this....so they show up at a gunshow first...who woulda thunk it.... :unsure:

Like I said I was VERY surprised to see ANY mags available at the show. They are scarce as hens teeth around here. None of the local shops have had them and I could not find an online dealer that wasn't out of stock. People are borderline frantic with the upcoming admin and all...

I think they look sweet. How much were they? :dollar:

They were $44 each...

AGPs were $64 each...

I hope I didn't get screwed :cryss:

I'll post a full review after I hit the range.

Anyone else have any of these?

They look good. Please let us all know how they work. Be sure to shoot some high power stuff too. (Slugs and 00BK.)

I am interested in the feed angle please load a magazine and lock your bolt back, then take a picture through the ejection port. then do the same with your OEM 5 rd mag so we can compare the feed angle of the new 10 vs 5

Thanks

Just found this brief comment in a thread discussing the Saiga scatterguns on jeepforum.com :rolleyes:

If you use the Saiga mags they work really well. Never seen a failure on the little factory mag but the in laws both bought a big long aftermarket mag, Promag I think, and it works like crap with that one. You have to lock back the bolt to insert the mag at all and then it doesn't feed all that well. It also doesn't lock in right so sometimes you drop the bolt and it falls out.

Waitaminute, the post was dated 7-Nov-2008...were S-12 Pro Mags available then??? Second-hand info from uninformed outsiders (read the entire thread! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629140) but if true, does not bode well.

First post here for Huklebry.

I have been frustrated with the lack of Saiga 12 magazines on the market, last weekend I went to a local gun show and was VERY surprised to find several 10 round magazines. I bought 4 with out even thinking about it and now I'm hoping I won't have buyers remorse.... I picked up 4 ProMag 10 rounders.

After an extensive online search I haven't found any Product reviews. Are these new on the market? Or are they that bad? Below pictures to help identify.

post-3-1231781798_thumb.jpg

post-3-1231781818_thumb.jpg

post-3-1231781832_thumb.jpg

If nothing else they sure are pretty :rolleyes:

post-3-1231781843_thumb.jpg

I should be able to go to the range this week and find out for myself, but any insight you have would be welcomed!HAVE YOU USED THEM YET?? I WANT TO GIVE THEM A SHOT..THERE THE ONLY 10 ROUNDERS I HAVE FOUND IN STOCK...THAT WILL SHIP TO MASS.....SO DO YOU HAVE A REPORT??

ROUNDERS I HAVE FOUND IN STOCK...THAT WILL SHIP TO MASS.....SO DO YOU HAVE A REPORT??

Sorry all! No range report as of yet. I have cycled several magazines and they feed properly. I haven't had any issues that way. Going to the range tomorrow and I should come back with a full report. Based on my dry round here at the house, I am hopeful that they don't live up to the ProMag reputation....

This first pic is ProMag left Saiga 5-rounder on the right.

Saiga007.jpg

This is the ProMag next to the 5-rounder.

Saiga009.jpg

5-rounder inserted and seated in shot gun.

Saiga010.jpg

ProMag inserted and seated in shot gun.

Saiga012.jpg

I hope this answers some of you questions. I'll get back with a range report tomorrow.

• Like 1

That Winchester universal ammo is considered troublesome in Saigas.

When you do head to the range you might want to stop by wallyworld and grab a bulk pack of Rem or Federal bird shot to compare to as that universal stuff has a reputation of not wanting to eject.

At least they have metal feed lips!

THANKS!! I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPORT! I HOPE THEY WORK WELL....SO I CAN THEN ORDER SOME A.S.A.P!!! I GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED!! :chris:

You're going to be waiting a loooong time for my report....................

When you do head to the range you might want to stop by wallyworld and grab a bulk pack of Rem or Federal bird shot to compare to as that universal stuff has a reputation of not wanting to eject.

I'll do that. I've shot 300 rounds or more of the Winchester "cheap as it gets" box, my first magazine had problems ejecting, after the first five rounds, zero failures. I guess I've just been lucky!

Any other ammo I should look out for?

I'll try to post some video along with my report this afternoon.

I'll do that. I've shot 300 rounds or more of the Winchester "cheap as it gets" box, my first magazine had problems ejecting, after the first five rounds, zero failures. I guess I've just been lucky!

That universal stuff is the only ammo I've heard of being a problem with FTE. I also had some issues with Win 3" 1 buck. Mainly the weld that seals the crimp shut was very inconsistent and several of the shells would leak sand into the magazine which kind of screwed up how my tight AGP would feed.

3" REM seems much nicer but I haven't fired any yet.

Edited by hobbyshooter

:Johnboy:

Well, true to form this outing was plenty of fun with a decent outcome.

I didn't have time to purchase additional ammo as was suggested and will attribute some of the issues to the Winchester ammunition used.

Take this mag for example:

th_VID00002.jpg

I have more but this will have to serve as a teaser. As it is Friday night and I have other pressing matters.

Well, true to form this outing was plenty of fun with a decent outcome.

I didn't have time to purchase additional ammo as was suggested and will attribute some of the issues to the Winchester ammunition used.

Take this mag for example:

th_VID00002.jpg

I have more but this will have to serve as a teaser. As it is Friday night and I have other pressing matters.

I use to duck hunt alot from the 80's to 2001...Winchester ammo was always touchy...my 1100 and my Marlin "Goose Gun" hated the stuff...look forward to seeing more!! thanks for your time and info.

I was at a local gun show today and saw a huge stack of 10 roung saiga 12 promags! I couldn't resist. I bought one to 'test' and took it to the range today with my new MD20 drum! :super:

I had to 'fit' the the promag just as I had to fit the MD20 ('B' fitting). Filing a SMALL amount off the back where the magazine release catches. I also had to enlarge the follower slightly as it was coming all the way to the top of the magazine instead of catching on a stop about 1/2" down. (Easy repair. I'll post a 'how-to' if needed.)

I shot about 50 rounds of Wally-World ammo without any issue.

Other than these two small issues I love the magazine. I would say that it is much more 'heavier duty' than the AGP mag. Much more 'Military' looking as well. The promag fits/fills the magazine opening fully and feels very solid when fully inserted.

More pics and/or info available upon request.

I WILL be ordering more.

Plus one!

They had them at my local funshow today too. I plan on putting some heavy loads through them soon to see how they hold up to 3" magnum abuse :smoke:

They look very impressive and the follower has very good movement. Not sticky at all.

Steel feed lips much like the factory mags.

I'm feeling very good about their adaptabilty to my LRBHO. :super:

Edit to add....I think it's f 'kin awesome that, as hard as we had to try to get a decent mag over 5 rds a few years ago, that suddenly we have all these choices that are so affordable! I was here when you had to pay through the nose for a factory 8 rd Russian mag, if you wanted anything different than what came with the shotgun. Those have only increased in cost over the years.

Good times! :smoke:

Edited by Cobra 76 two