New conversion video

Also posted in the 7.62x39 thread (Mods please delete if this double post goes against the rules, I just figured some 12 owners would like to see it, like me where the 12 was their first, I never checked the 7.62 thread before I finally bought a 7.62)

I made a video out of my most recent conversion. Down and dirty garage conversion, nothing fancy except unlike most videos I've seen on youtube, vimeo, aol, etc. you can see a lot better what's going on, in other words, it's great for newbs to watch.

thumbnailimage1of2.jpg

Link:

Saiga Pistol Grip Conversion

I waited 18 minutes and this beautiful specimen of a female is NOWHERE to be found in the video. False advertising.

I also like your added note at the end.... "Later we'll add the BHO back in...." I was sitting here watching the video thinking, "He forgot the BHO". :lolol:

Edited by TR Young
I waited 18 minutes and this beautiful specimen of a female is NOWHERE to be found in the video. False advertising.

Hey don't judge a book by it's cover :haha:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I've been told that before.... :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that you did a VERY good job on that video. Should definitely be a sticky.

Awesome video! The only thing that I found that was missing is the lack of

a selector stop to keep the selector switch from over-traveling when switching

the weapon from safe to fire.

Other than that, the movie and tutorial were damn near perfect !!

I rate it a 4 out of 5 vodka shots

LB

Awesome video! The only thing that I found that was missing is the lack of

a selector stop to keep the selector switch from over-traveling when switching

the weapon from safe to fire.

Other than that, the movie and tutorial were damn near perfect !!

I rate it a 4 out of 5 vodka shots

LB

Thanks LB! On the x39 the selector stop is part of the mag release. If I was to do another S12 personally I'd get that Tromix DIY trigger guard partly because of the selector stop, what a great product!

im looking into doing this to my s-20....is it pretty much the same? how did the front of the trigger guard attach? is it just being held in place by the mag release? and i was going to ask about the selector over turning but you already answered that

The mag release holds down the front of the TG, as long as the rear bolt is in place which the loctite I'll use post refinishing keeps my mind at ease. Otherwise you got to drill a hole, might do it if I get bored.

So how different is the conversion for an S12?

I've already done one of my x39's. I should be getting an S12 soon, and was wondering what differences there are in converting, comparing x39 to an S12.

(I really need to invest in a Dremel. Watching the video, and seeing how much easier it makes it, makes what I did with my conversion, feel like a pain in the ass :ded: )

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments fellas! Almost done with the BHO re-install video. My main objective was to provide a video that shows detailed close-ups of the conversion process and step-by-step instructions. Your comments let me know I've achieved this. There's a lot of different ways to go about certain tasks when converting and I learn a better way to do it every time I do one (I've done a whopping whole 2 Saigas now). Now I just need to get more of my friends to go buy a Saiga so I can help them out.