Was just looking though the local I WANNA (a local trader paper) and someone had a NIB Saiga 7.62 listed for $995! Just wishfull thinking on their part or a portent of things to come! I hope just wishful thinking! LOL :dollar:

Edited by unclejake
Was just looking though the local I WANNA (a local trader paper) and someone had a NIB Saiga 7.62 listed for $995! Just wishfull thinking on their part or a portent of things to come! I hope just wishful thinking! LOL :dollar:

Just wishful thinking. Check out gunbroker.com that will give you an idea of what they are selling for...............Ed

Edited by eadodd

I know, at our local gunshop...when he has'em they sell currently for $450 ? He only gets them in sporadically. It's like the lister is a dealer at our local gun shows...he's hoping that people either don't know the average prices, or they've heard of the brand and also some distant democrat drums.

Edited by unclejake

This is the cheapest one I have found,..

I have done business with Gilberts before, They are great!

It is interesting to note the seller. They have a website but they choose to auction it off instead?

It is interesting to note the seller. They have a website but they choose to auction it off instead?

I thought it was interesting that I -called- them looking for a Saiga 7.62 late last week. They told me they didn't have any available. Later in the night, I found that auction. Hmmm...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120582079[/url

I think this was mis-represented. If someone didn't know better they would think the whole rifle (as it appears) is "out of the box" as the seller states.

This is the first purchase this person has made on Gunbroker. I have no doubt that the purchaser thought the rifle came like it is shown in the photos.

The seller later states items that are "added" to the rifle, but I think the buyer was already hooked.

Not "good business" in MHO.

louielouie

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120582079[/url

I think this was mis-represented. If someone didn't know better they would think the whole rifle (as it appears) is "out of the box" as the seller states.

This is the first purchase this person has made on Gunbroker. I have no doubt that the purchaser thought the rifle came like it is shown in the photos.

The seller later states items that are "added" to the rifle, but I think the buyer was already hooked.

Not "good business" in MHO.

louielouie

I guess the buyer will find out. The way that I took it was the the seller " ADDED TO THIS RIFLE IS A TAPCO 4-POSITION COLLAPSABLE STOCK AND PISTOL GRIP! ALSO A SGM TRI-RAIL TACTICAL FOREGRIP WITH MAKO 9-12" BIPOD" and marked it way up to cover his time NOT converting but just hanging 3 parts on it. Either way it seems a raw deal. Double the price for 3 bolt on parts. David Hannum probably said it best, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Bought one of each (7.62, .223 and .308) at a gun show in I think 2006 or 2007 from Tejas Gunwerks. Paid 249.00 each for the 7.62, .223 and 365.00 for the .308. He had stacks of them and said he wasn't that familiar with the guns but wanted to see how they sold. No one was buying them. No fool here. I knew exactly what they were and snatched one of each up quick. Holes were already punched on them and the only regret I have is not buying more!

I must have done good. I went into a gun shop on 11/3/07 just looking at handguns and I asked how was business. They said it was nuts. They have never sold so many guns. They had a saiga x39 for $349.00 I looked at it and then left to think it over. I then decided if I don't buy another one now I may not get the chance later. I'm now glad I went back and purchased it. It cost me $390.00 out the door.

• 3 weeks later...

I know, at our local gunshop...when he has'em they sell currently for $450 ? He only gets them in sporadically. It's like the lister is a dealer at our local gun shows...he's hoping that people either don't know the average prices, or they've heard of the brand and also some distant democrat drums.

Simpsonville Gun & Pawn perhaps? :)