New Charging Handle

Looks killer to me, Bob !!! If you'll forgive me, it's really bad-ash..........!

I'm anxiously waiting to see that front-end design you talked about, too !!!

Yeah, I worked on that a little today too. I don't think I'll have it done in time for the shoot, but you never know.

At least I'll have someting to show you.

I'm going to run off a batch of them and see how they sell. If the thing has some staying power, I will make it a stocking item. But my gut feeling is, a few guys will buy them and that will be it. It will end up like the Tromix paradox choke tube, Tromix bayonet lug, Tromix AK74 brake, etc......all sorts of guys say they want one, until they are available, and then you hear crickets chirping.........

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

If you have any of those bayonet lugs still laying around I'd sure like to buy one.

Did you cast those yourself? For a minute I thought you'd just adapted one of those chrome skull tire plugs. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea since it's already got the threading done and you can just buy a pack of four of them at the auto parts store. Is this what you did, or did you cast these from scratch?

It's going to production.....don't worry about that. I will run off 50 of them and see how they sell.

If I end up sitting on them for months on end, that will be it. If they all sell in a month or two, I will make more.

Gun guys are the ultimate valley bitches.....they always look both ways to see if other guys want something.....and if other guys want it, then it's a must-have item. If they look both directions and no see that no other cool guys want it.....then it must be crap and they walk away.

Tony

Man the only crickets I hear are the ones teasing me that the list is still not open and I may never get to own a beautiful Tromix Saiga-12. :angry:

Ok guys did I lay it on thick enough?

cvasqu03, they are cast parts, not necessarily just for us. Casting them or carving them in-house was never an option.

They're not tire caps; although I tried to source a product like that everything I saw was either chromed plastic or zinc, and much too lightweight. I really scouted all the car and Harley accessory catalogs for a while.

As I mentioned before, these are solid copper. We drill and tap them all the way in.

Looks good!

This.......

you gotta be able to weld very well to install this one.

......pretty much means I won't be able to have one :lol: .

(I bet Juggs would like one with a likeness to his big helmeted head :lolol: )

But I am looking forward to the bolt-on charging handle, and will be ordering it from CSS when they come in.

Gun guys are the ultimate valley bitches.....they always look both ways to see if other guys want something.....and if other guys want it, then it's a must-have item. If they look both directions and no see that no other cool guys want it.....then it must be crap and they walk away.

I've noticed that and therefore was happy when you told me that little project you're making for me was the first. Of course, I expect to see copies after mine surfaces . . .

I thought the skull charging handle looks good, but I don't wanna be a valley bitch, so I guess you can count me out! :haha:

But really though, it looks good!

And as far as the bayonet lug, guys, I believe MAA sold their last one MONTHS ago. :cryss: I think Gun Broker would be your best bet, but I still wouldn't bet on that . . .

Of course, then you'd still have to find a Tromix bayonet put on it . . . ;)

Edited by Raoul_Duke

I've noticed that and therefore was happy when you told me that little project you're making for me was the first. Of course, I expect to see copies after mine surfaces . . .

I thought the skull charging handle looks good, but I don't wanna be a valley bitch, so I guess you can count me out! :haha:

But really though, it looks good!

And as far as the bayonet lug, guys, I believe MAA sold their last one MONTHS ago. :cryss: I think Gun Broker would be your best bet, but I still wouldn't bet on that . . .

Of course, then you'd still have to find a Tromix bayonet put on it . . . ;)

Yeah I bought the last bayo lug in may 08...I think. Any m7 bayonet will work. :devil: You just need to open up the "ring" a little.

How much was the bayonet lug going for?

If it's around $50 I want one, if it goes closer to the $100 mark... :ded:

that's the biggest problem I see with some accessories, as cool as they may be $ talks...

Well I paid $130 for mine but IMO worth every penny just to see the look on the guy at my local gun shops face :haha:

Edited by bayonet lug
  • 1 month later...

I am working on my first conversion and the more I read this forum, the more ideas just keep popping in my twisted little head!!! :super:

I have been considering painting the "PUNISHER" skull on my Surefire mags so I am all over this SKULL charging handle to round out the look. Sign me up for one and let me know when and where to go buy one as soon as they are ready!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to run off a batch of them and see how they sell. If the thing has some staying power, I will make it a stocking item. But my gut feeling is, a few guys will buy them and that will be it. It will end up like the Tromix paradox choke tube, Tromix bayonet lug, Tromix AK74 brake, etc......all sorts of guys say they want one, until they are available, and then you hear crickets chirping.........

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

That's probably how this happened. :lol:

What, the Taurus?

These are now in stock at www.mississippiautoarms.com

Sales have been pretty damn slow, so plan on the part being discontinued very shortly.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

It's not the skull I'm waiting on, it's the knurled bolt - on model in your other thread... ;)

Edited by Jpanzer