New Charging Handle

I finished fabbing it up this morning, shot over to the Tromix shop and Tony welded it up for me. Fortunately he was running a set of Shark Brakes through the oven, so I was able to get it Moly Resined today, and here it is. You guys get the first look!

post-2775-1237156868_thumb.jpg

post-2775-1237156877_thumb.jpg

I'm going to run off a batch of them and see how they sell. If the thing has some staying power, I will make it a stocking item. But my gut feeling is, a few guys will buy them and that will be it. It will end up like the Tromix paradox choke tube, Tromix bayonet lug, Tromix AK74 brake, etc......all sorts of guys say they want one, until they are available, and then you hear crickets chirping.........

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I'm going to run off a batch of them and see how they sell. If the thing has some staying power, I will make it a stocking item. But my gut feeling is, a few guys will buy them and that will be it. It will end up like the Tromix paradox choke tube, Tromix bayonet lug, Tromix AK74 brake, etc......all sorts of guys say they want one, until they are available, and then you hear crickets chirping.........

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

That's probably how this happened. :lol:

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Do you guys have any bayonet lugs left?

I'll check your web site.

It's going to production.....don't worry about that. I will run off 50 of them and see how they sell.

If I end up sitting on them for months on end, that will be it. If they all sell in a month or two, I will make more.

Gun guys are the ultimate valley bitches.....they always look both ways to see if other guys want something.....and if other guys want it, then it's a must-have item. If they look both directions and no see that no other cool guys want it.....then it must be crap and they walk away.

Tony

When I designed it, I really didn't have production in mind; just a little something different for my shorty. Once it was done we all liked the way it looked, so why not produce it?

The skull is cast in solid copper and the charging handle stud is threaded into it all the way to the top. It's extremely solid.

Edited by BobAsh
It's going to production.....don't worry about that. I will run off 50 of them and see how they sell.

If I end up sitting on them for months on end, that will be it. If they all sell in a month or two, I will make more.

Gun guys are the ultimate valley bitches.....they always look both ways to see if other guys want something.....and if other guys want it, then it's a must-have item. If they look both directions and no see that no other cool guys want it.....then it must be crap and they walk away.

Tony

I will take some to sell. Let me know when they are ready.

Greg

Tony's probably right; it probably won't be a huge seller since it's not a bolt-on item.

Might be good as a Tromix option. Also might sell well to other builders...you gotta be able to weld very well to install this one.