Price Check Saiga .223

What prices are you seeing for Saiga .223s around the country? Local dealer ordered one for me from Centerfire Systems out of Kentucky...$484 out the door. Is this anywhere near the current market price or are we seeing too much frenzy in the market?

The price is a little high, but considering the lack of availability, not too bad. Centerfire doesn't show any available. Are they putting it on back-order? When do you expect to get it?

The rifle is sitting in my safe right now. A dealer down the road was asking $588 plus tax.

A few sites are saying that they are expecting new shipments by the end of March. We will have to wait and see what prices will be...

My dealer here in southern Illinois gets them in regularly. He charges $399 for 223 and 7.62x39. He is out of stock right now, I just got his last 7.62 about a week ago. He did have a .308, but I think it is $549. A half hour away, however, the dealer there get $549 for the 223s!

What prices are you seeing for Saiga .223s around the country? Local dealer ordered one for me from Centerfire Systems out of Kentucky...$484 out the door. Is this anywhere near the current market price or are we seeing too much frenzy in the market?

I paid $420 out the door in cash at a gunshow last Sunday to get my precious Saiga .223 (new). It was the only one chambered in .223 at the show, but I talked him down from the tag of $500. This is in Charlotte, NC. Hope that helps.

IF you can find them...450 plus tax...IF you can findem. Hopefully there will be a shipment soon. I'm tellin y'all, if you have the money, now is the time to buy, as well as mags and ammo. If , not if but when they reinstate the ban, they will go through the roof! Does anyone remember 30 round mags at $100 plus? Forget the stock market, buy up the big three, guns, mags and ammo! IF you can find them

A pawnshop in our area is selling a used SAiga 223 with a 16' barrel for 350, though he brought it down to $325. I cannot find any new SAigas in our area except for shotguns in .410 for $339 and 12guage for 650.

The 223 hardly has any wear signs, just a scraping of paint in the safety lever which I think is common for AKs. The importer is EAA so it is not as new as those imported now by RAA. So those in the know, do you think its a good price? I'm thinking of buying it by Monday

• 2 weeks later...

OK y'all want to hear a good one - I bought in November at $495 - and that was show price. Bitched about it the whole time but at least I got one.

Last weekend I was cruising the local gun store, and lo and behold I found 2 Saigas - a .223 and a 7.62... bone stock...

Get this... he was asking... freaking $899 EACH!!! :cryss::cryss:

In fact anything AK (even WASRs) were $799 - 899. Bulgarians (Armory) were $999.

OK is it me, or do I smell highway robbery - or trolling for a sucker?? :blues:

-packmule

I got my 223 about a week ago from Classic Arms, shipped for like $390. I guess i got lucky getting it b/c i saw on here where people tried to order them on the internet from Classic Arms and they were already sold out. Way I figure it, just be patient and have an FFL ready!!!

Local Dealer #1 = $650 before tax so about $700 out the door. Dealer was really pushing ARs which were priced close to $1,300 on average.

Dealer #2 about 100 miles away that I visited this past week when I was at my inlaws for Easter.....around $550 before tax....so close to $600. Again walked out after drooling.

Dealer #3 about 100 miles away. These are his exact words "Saiga....Isn't that a video game?". Dealer was more focused on ARs and other even higher end similar style rifles. They had a new AR for about $850.

Gunbroker = $400 to 440 plus 3% cc fee and $20 shipping and $25 FFL

I got word from my FFL and a Saiga distributor/dealer a new shipment just arrived from Russia. I ordered from that dealer/distirbutor and they said they would ship it at the end of this week.

Edited by Deryl

Did a quick check around KC awhile ago for semi-auto .223's. Results weren't good. Ruger Mini-14's everywhere, and all for around $800 bucks (you can get an AR for that price). Saiga's are nearly an extinct beast at retail. I haven't seen a .223 in Kansas city for a month. Last one I saw at Show Me Shooters was $489.99

Up here in NH I just put my name on a waiting list for a second .223 at one local shop. On the rack they had

(1) 7.62 @ $449

(1) 12ga @$599

They also had a nice VEPR for $799, and one AR for $1100, pile of mini-14's for $800+ (absolutely insane)

The shop told me Saiga's were on allocation and that they had no way of knowing when they would be getting more. Glad I got my first one when they were only $250.

At the last show a few weeks back there wasn't a .223 or 7.62 to be had. I saw one .308 for $699 and a handful of shotguns for $699 to $799

I just called my local dealer and they quoted me $499 for a .223 The 7.62x39 is $729!! What a price difference.

Even if I could get a gun from out of state at $399, by the time I am done with freight and FFL fees it will be more than $500.