Anybody currently OR used to be into Comic Books??

http://www.comicbookbin.com/HauntedTank105.html

The Haunted Tank. 2009 version.

Confederate General Jeb Stuart returns to help Jamal Stuart and his tank crew survive the invasion of Iraq.

YES, Jamal is black LOL... I haven't collected comics since 1996, I might actually go out and find this on.

Anybody else got some nice collection of comics???

Edited by Bean.223

Yeah I try and forget my youthful interest in comics, sports cards, but nowadays I just watch far too many movies, watch too much sports, and now collect guns. So I guess things haven't changed all that much :)

That looks pretty damned cool might have to look for it as well :) One thing I will admit, I read all the Robert E Howard Conan stories (great stuff btw) and it eventually led me to buying a ton of the Conan Dark Horse comics just a few years ago. They were excellent, will go back and buy like the last 50 back issues one day and catch up. Thanks for the find.

Wow! I used to be into the 'Haunted Tank' comics back in the 80's. I didn't even realize it was still in circulation! In the 90's, I got into the whole Marvel and DC collecting phase, but stopped around '95. They were a fun escape from reality. I really liked the 'Haunted Tank', though.... your post brought back some cool memories!

Edit - I just read the link that you posted... I didn't realize that they had updated the 'Tank' storyline to be modern now. When I was reading it, it was about the WWII crew in a Sherman tank.

I forgot to mention that I have the whole 'KnightFall' series from DC when Bruce Wayne's back was broken by Bane and Jean-Paul Someoneorother took up the persona of Batman, but took the vigilante part too far when he allowed someone to die, forcing Wayne back into his role as the Batman. I also have the Zero Hour timeline of DC books that deal with Superman's death and return, which had a great crossover story with Green Lantern where Hal Jordan became Parallax.

I also have a lot of the X-Men comics from the same time period, where the big mutant war happened and Wolverine lost his adamantium in the fight with Magneto. I have a bunch of Spawn comics, as well as both of the Spawn/Batman crossovers, some Daredevil and some DeadPool comics. I also have a great Lobo miniseries, too.

Come to think of it... I have some cool stuff in my short period of collecting!

Edited by TR Young

I grew up on the Frank Miller Daredevil. :devil:

I've kinda gotten back into following the stories because they've upped the medium to more of a widely-acceptable art form, but I don't have the disposable income to blow on collecting them.

I was never into them much but I moved it to a house with a ton in it. The comics are old and new but the coolest one I found in them was Santa the Barbarian #1 I don't think it got past #1 but it is funny as hell seeing Santa Nic as a viking.

Found a pic of it

post-9601-1241749522.jpg

Todd Nauk and I were good friends in High School. We used to play D&D together. I have quite a bit of his "original art" from then. I traded him some Psi-Force comics and he did a couple of 11x14 color drawings of me (in typical Todd Nauk fashion) and some of our other friends. A few years ago I showed some of it to one of my friends who is a comic book whore and he nearly fainted.

I have a stack of Usagi Yojimbo TPB's...need to get caught up on reading them...missing book 10 though and probably a couple new ones since I haven't been following the series for a while...also have a couple of the RPG books including the special limited (only 100 made) Sanguine RPG book.

Never had any money as a kid, so I missed out on comics, and by the time I had money, I didn't like any of the newer stuff. Fortunately I grew up on killer saturday morning versions...X-men, Spiderman, Batman, The Tick, and Big Guy and Rusty...best era of cartoons ever. X-men finally got released on DVD the other day too (1st episode through the phoenix saga).

I used to collect The Punisher and all of his spin offs (Armory, etc). GO figure! LOL!

My parents moved when I was in the Army, and threw out ALL of my comics :cryss:

I have a buddy that buys and sells comics, toys, collectibles. I remember when I first went over to his house, he asked what my favorite comic was growing up. I told him The Punisher, and he ran up stairs and came back a few minutes later with a MINT 1st issue :eek:

Oh yeah, Frank Miller's Daredevil was the best, if only Frank had done that shitty DD movie....

And I loved Jim Lee's Punisher War Journal. He was not only a excellent writer and artist, but he also had a deep knowledge of many weapons. He always dedicated his last page to a different type of weapon to talk about and showcase. Not to mention Punisher Vs. Wolverine!!

Iron Man #1 is my prize possession. i've had it since about 94. The whole "What If" series of comics was always a favorite of mine.

'

Big Punisher fan here, I am sure there a few around here.

Best comic ever "Punisher kills the Marvel Universe"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher_...Marvel_Universe

It was just a good read.

-E

wow, yeah talk about obscure, I missed that one!!! Looks great! Heres another odd one

What If Wolverine was the "Lord of the Vampires"!!!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2...-of-vampires-x/

Lord, I'm getting old!! I remember reading "The Haunted Tank" comic book when I was kid in the mid-sixties! I also remember when Daredevil came out and I had no idea that was Frank Miller's work. At that time I thought it was a SpiderMan clone.

I always had a penchant for the unusual and I have a first edition "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that I bought when absolutely no one had heard of them (way before the Saturday cartoon).

Anyone remember "Magnus, Robot Fighter"? If so, then you are old too and have the right to say to people "back in my day..."!!

Lord, I'm getting old!! I remember reading "The Haunted Tank" comic book when I was kid in the mid-sixties! I also remember when Daredevil came out and I had no idea that was Frank Miller's work. At that time I thought it was a SpiderMan clone.

I always had a penchant for the unusual and I have a first edition "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" that I bought when absolutely no one had heard of them (way before the Saturday cartoon).

Anyone remember "Magnus, Robot Fighter"? If so, then you are old too and have the right to say to people "back in my day..."!!

Frank Miller DD was in the 80's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller_(comics)

I read A LOT of comic books. Wade Wilson>Frank Castle.....That's all Im gona say.

Any Fans of Walking Dead?

Big fan of Walking Dead. Awesome comic (and now that I have the wife reading it any gun or ammo purchase is justified by the possibility of the zombie apocalypse). If you like that check out Brit a short series by the same author.

I also loved Preacher and Transmetropolitan. Big fan of the Indies (although many would argue Vertigo comics are not an Indie). Ohh a couple other old favorites, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee.

.303 isn't bad (by the same guy that wrote Transmetropolitan, and somewhat gun related but a bit political at the end)

Comics are great....Proud to be a comic dork!

It's great that comics have become a more acceptable art form. I think the proliferation and popularity of really topical and poignant indie comics speaks to that a great deal. and +1 on Preacher, I've heard alot of good things about that one; I think it's going to be made into a movie one of these days.

I used to be on the lookout for strange ass comic books, back in the day I had the first issue of Spidery-mon, yes....SPIDERY-MON, and its exactly what you think it is, a ganja smoking RASTA spiderman......hahahha :smoke:

Edited by Vultite
Big Punisher fan here, I am sure there a few around here.

Best comic ever "Punisher kills the Marvel Universe"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher_...Marvel_Universe

It was just a good read.

-E

wow, yeah talk about obscure, I missed that one!!! Looks great! Heres another odd one

What If Wolverine was the "Lord of the Vampires"!!!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2...-of-vampires-x/

ROFL! :D Yeah, I remember buying and reading that comic back in the proverbial day! I remember thinking: "Damn, Wolverine is one hard m'fucker of a vamp.. took Drac out like nothin!" It was very fitting though.. and he even had a Spider-Vamp at his beck and call by the end if I remember correctly.

I still have a few books around, collecting dust, (in proper bags and backing, of course!). Mostly early Image stuff.. the most valuable is probably my Spawn #1-50 set, (have 2 copies of original Spawn #1-5!).

Oh yeah. Comics were my first love ever. Spidey, X-men, Fathom, Danger Girl, Gen-13. Now I have a sub to Ghost Rider. That is a good book. I mean, who doesn't love a flaming skeleton riding a motorcycle?