This'll last for a year at most... remember that although it seems like it's been a very long time, King Barry has been in power less than 6 months. We still have at least ~42 months under this tyrant's heel.. and I am convinced that he will find a way to unconsititutionally undermine the 2nd Amendment. He's a silver-tongued Marxist authoritarian, after all. So, the way I look at it, enjoy the opportunities while they last, cause they ain't gonna. Not under King Barry, (may "H"e rot in Hell :) ).

In the short term, I'm buying 7.62 and 12-gauge Saigas as funds allow, and stockpiling as much 7.62x39 ammo as possible, (I shoot too much, only ~5200 rounds on hand at present).

Edited by post-apocalyptic
I wish you were wrong but any one thinking this is over is just dreaming. The second year will be the critical one, if they see the 2010 elections going against them they may pull the same crap they did in 94.

No need to worry until after the 2010 elections. There are simply not enough votes to push a new awb through.

Don't blame me, I voted for Nader (only guy serious about protecting our rights to smoke non harmful substances.. )

This'll last for a year at most... remember that although it seems like it's been a very long time, King Barry has been in power less than 6 months. We still have at least ~42 months under this tyrant's heel.. and I am convinced that he will find a way to unconsititutionally undermine the 2nd Amendment. He's a silver-tongued Marxist authoritarian, after all. So, the way I look at it, enjoy the opportunities while they last, cause they ain't gonna. Not under King Barry, (may "H"e rot in Hell :) ).

In the short term, I'm buying 7.62 and 12-gauge Saigas as funds allow, and stockpiling as much 7.62x39 ammo as possible, (I shoot too much, only ~5200 rounds on hand at present).

How many saigas are you stockpling? Why not diversify? Allso congrats on the ammo! I'm still under 5k...

If these prices continue I may have to buy a .223 Saiga to try the MAA AR Mag conversion!

Hey Azrial...Iwas thinking EXACTLY the same thing. I've never had a .223 of any kind before but the MSA (Magnolia State Armory) AR-15 mag adaptor looks interesting.

I have one on layway at $469 (last month) hoping the dealer will cut $30 off (emailed a request today) or I will just buy from Peach State or Classic.

I already tossed $65 onto that $469 but I'd rather toss out the $65 then pay another $404. $369 just sounds better.... IMHO.

I appreciate the dealer for the layway option, but not at basically $100 over at this point.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Well the dealer gave me the $30 off so now I am at $372 owed which is more in line with current and I still get FREE SHIPPING (and I did get Layaway so I can't yell).

I guess communication pays (or discounts).

Should definately have in hand by 7/14... My b-day... :)

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Was in Cabelas in ST. Louis today and the had Wolf 223 and 7.62x39 galore for $159/500. Remington ball 7.62 was $13.95 a box He said that they can get it now, but no 25 ACP, 32 ACP or .380! Bass Proshop in St Charles had 25 and 32 ACP, but had a limit of 2 boxes handgun ammo per customer!

Jeeze, do a little homework. This dealer on Gunbroker is good and he has 1000 Brown Bear shipped for under $300. I got 1000 Silver Bear to my door for $324. Sure that would be high last year, but not today. Wideners has 7.62 for $259 + ship.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=131876869

BUMP..

Anyone got x39's in stock LESS than $349 and any guess as to when they will go back to $319 or $309??

hi,i am new member and i must say that if non of this gun grab went on the prices most probly would have stayed the same or even saled for less,but given the state of things we are lucky to see these gun come back down to maybe 10% higher then they were a year ago--just because mr obama made a statement in mexaco saying he wasn,t going to institute a new gun ban .this dosen,t me shit when it comes to all the other anti gunners he has surrounded himself with.there is trouble coming and who ever said the second year is right because every one of his henchman will be in place .the general public has gotten complacent over his statment ,but they have no idea whats going on now in washington--nra-ila is the place to keep up to the many new developments.and there are many!! :killer:

Um, I think there's a section for this "they're coming to take our guns oh my" fear-based political rhetoric that is so prevalent in the gun and ammo based forums, even if it is couched in a related conjecture about prices.

If you want to be afraid, then keep shaking in your boots. Otherwise sack up, lose the dress and realize that there are issues where most Americans are to the right OR left of all this hyper-partisan rhetoric: we're to the right when it comes to guns--we generally support it and, more importantly, the lobbyists and corporations support it. In general, we're to the left of the debate on health care, drug reform, warrant-less wire tapping, gays rights, abortion, etc. Despite the fact that the right plays up its love for guns, fetuses and flying zombie carpenters AND the left plays up its love for gays, minorities and the poor--neither side tend to actually get much done for them. There are a lot of reasons for this: for example, it's probably not in the interest of politicians to repair the issues that get them elected. Solving an issue just means you can't campaign on it next time around, or at least have to expect less turnout as a result. Sure you can say "I did this and I did that" but nobody cares what you did, only what you're going to do. Party rhetoric is, as always, the illusion of populist leaders gung ho to harbor radical change. Official party policy, however, tends toward moderation, resulting in less than significant legislative shifts. And this is not just the republicans (I'm looking at you Reid, Daschle and Pelosi!).

I think the gun-scare and price hikes seem to be about political and economic gain, but they can't fool everyone all the time...they'll come back down UNLESS there are actual shortages, etc. The companies and politicians gouged us for votes and money, and we're so crazed we fell for it--well, some did. I haven't bought ammo or a weapon since July 2008 (though I did stock up on mags to sell once the prices went through the roof--I figure why not take advantage of right wing fear myself: after all, they spent 8 years supporting a group that ground the US down into the lumpy hollows of the squalid crack house mattress it now snoozes upon, the least I can do is make a little money from them). Anyone want a G17 full capacity magazine for $50 yet? J/K. ;o)

Edited by jflow25@gmail.com

Gun prices doesn't go down often once it's up.

Personally, once I pay for all this, I wouldn't want it to go down, except ammo, of course. It just means that what you own is now worth less.

IMO, it isn't the price of guns that's ridiculous. Saiga price could go up to $800-$1000 and it would still be worth the money if nothing cheaper is around. What's ridiculous is the price of these accessories. I didn't realize that the price of metal went up along with guns, but now apparently little things like Russian folding stock are going for $250+. Surplus wire folding stock from some former Soviet bloc that has been through who knows how many war are selling for $100+ easily.

Can you imagine AK put together from part kits going for $800+ a piece? Wasr-10 are now worth $500. A rifle that has been through wars and wars, probably corroded barrel, rickety furniture, wobbly magazine, canted sight.

The Africans are probably laughing at us. Gun prices rarely ever go down and gun restriction even more so.

I can only see gun restrictions becoming more stringent as America become more urbanize. Enjoy the deal while you can.

Goodfriendlyneighbor, I sure hope you're wrong.....I need the market to bring the prices down so I can afford to practice more (since I'm not a collector/hunter). I just own a few tools for different jobs: 2 pistols, a shotgun and a Saiga-when-I-get-a-good-price (the AR was a gift that I use mainly to shoot .22s through). I guess the liability issues might make it hard to start up ammo companies, but if we all boycott price gougers, the prices will have to come down or we'll just have to hoard what we have and practice with .22s and shoot muskets and reuse the bullets. ;o) Even the two wars can't be affecting .380 and .40 caliber ammo so much as material/energy.

Of course, though material and energy costs have gone up and sales have gone down--both, arguably, as a result of bad economic policies--the only way Obama has CAUSED the gun/ammo price increases of the last 12 months is that his name was brought up by anyone trying to get money (from consumers by gun sellers OR from companies by politicians). I think those fearful ones who yell, "they're going to take away our guns" and act all righteously militant on gun-boards just help to fuel the increased prices and the partisan rhetoric...I don't see how it helps anything.

I do like how people say Boycott Cabelas for their price gouging. I say boycott 75% of these places....give all our support to the good ones and they can afford to buy more and give better deals.

Edited by jflow25@gmail.com

I'll be taking advantage of supply and demand issues, I'll be selling my dimpled X39 saiga w/ a case, 4 mags, 180 rounds of ammo with all the original parts on the side if they want...i should be getting some nice $$ for it.

I'll be taking advantage of supply and demand issues, I'll be selling my dimpled X39 saiga w/ a case, 4 mags, 180 rounds of ammo with all the original parts on the side if they want...i should be getting some nice $$ for it.

You'd be a damn fool to sell right now. Were I you, I'd sell right before the 2010 midterm elections. That will be the next price increase and you'll get the most for your gear during the pre-panic. Look at all the Republicans retiring: Kit, Brownback, Gregg, Martinez and Voinovich just to name a few. 2010 is the only year there will be a chance for a new AWB. Sure, you could be a chump and sell right now while prices are down, but why not wait until you can make a mint???

Interestingly enough, the time to buy will be in late September, that will be the time these things will be cheapest.

:smoke:

In case you weren't paying attention, there have been plenty of bills presented to the house trying to put restrictions on weapon purchases just since Lord and Savior Obama took office. It has nothing to do with an actual BAN, though Rham and his boytoy Barry did get semi autos banned in Chicago. The bills out there floating around are for restrictions on who can buy firearms based on their record. HR45 will force gun buyers to pass a psych evaluation test if ti passes. And now HR2159 presents more restrictions on buying and selling of firearms, both commercially and privately.

Regardless of all that, gun prices are not going to go down much. Why? Because the economy will continue to get worse. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant. Some people are still living comfortably and haven't seen whats starting to happen like here in the midwest. Entire malls are closing, forclosures are at a rate of 25k homes per month, unemployment is reaching 15-20%, and crime is rising. When these welfare state crowds stop getting their checks its gonna get ugly. It all leads to more demand for guns. In fact, I predict a huge increase in demand for all firearms by this time next year. I plan to pick up a x39 for $350 and some ammo while I still can!! The only reason prices stabilized right now is all those people who bulked up after January have their surplus now and dont need to buy anymore. Demand dropped is all. But there are hundreds of millions who dont own a single firearm that will start buying once they lose their jobs or get robbed.

Was in Cabelas in ST. Louis today and the had Wolf 223 and 7.62x39 galore for $159/500. Remington ball 7.62 was $13.95 a box He said that they can get it now, but no 25 ACP, 32 ACP or .380! Bass Proshop in St Charles had 25 and 32 ACP, but had a limit of 2 boxes handgun ammo per customer!

The auction has ended and I can't email him via Guntoker. Do you have the guys email?

thanks

FQ13