Saiga confiscated in Colombia (pic)

i am going to say it does not look photoshopped to me. i do photography and photoshop a lot. i blew the image up in my shop. the corner of the buttstock is hidden behind the receiver of the ak on its side. at the distance and with the overfill of light crushing all shadow. it is just an optical misnomer in the image that makes the two guns look merged.

this quote is from the metadata stored inside the image.

"Residents look at weapons confiscated by police and displayed in a suburb in Medellin June 8, 2009. At least 55 rifles and 141 cartridges were confiscated by members of the police during a raid on a local criminal gang known as Los Paisas in Taraza Antioquia provice. REUTERS/Fredy Amariles (COLOMBIA CRIME LAW)"

3700052354_929bd6cec2_o.jpg

So 55 Aks and only 141 rounds? So not even three rounds for each gun??

Yep the police sure could have been in for a long 30 sec shoot out.. :rolleyes:

Damn it, you posted about the pathetic amount of ammo before I could. 141 rounds is nothing!! Rifles of any kind can't do shit without ammunition, (besides being used as decent clubs).

It said 141 mags of different calibers, that would make alot more sence

they look like surplus junk to me but I'm no expert. most are missing cleaning rods, one with the safety on backwards, one missing bolt, carrier etc.. the AUG looks like its seen better days. the short barrel Galil is pretty cool though.

they look like surplus junk to me but I'm no expert. most are missing cleaning rods, one with the safety on backwards, one missing bolt, carrier etc.. the AUG looks like its seen better days. the short barrel Galil is pretty cool though.

Those guns were owned and operated by criminals, not military troops.

No discipline among the criminals to keep up with cleaning rods, etc.

Yeah looks like they have probably all seen better days. Probably smuggled in from overseas on a container ships and the like, that would explain a lot of the rust on them.

Thats one thing you can always count on. No matter what law is out there, someone has the means and the low morals to give the bad guys all the guns they need.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a Saiga all right along with AKMs and Galils. I wish I would have found them first, especially the ammo.

GregM1: PLEASE DON'T INSULT GILLIGAN. He was bumbling while the half donkey Obama is pure evil! Gilligan was NOT a Muslim either, he made us laugh while this Arab will make our lives difficult.

Edited by uzitiger
That's a Saiga all right along with AKMs and Galils. I wish I would have found them first, especially the ammo.

GregM1: PLEASE DON'T INSULT GILLIGAN. He was bumbling while the half donkey Obama is pure evil! Gilligan was NOT a Muslim either, he made us laugh while this Arab will make our lives difficult.

lol, i wasnt insulting gilligan. my post of the picture was to be symbolic of the real life equivalent that was given the saiga semi auto rifle instead of a full auto ak. the fact it had obamas face just made it funnier (to me).

AFter looking at the Saiga in that picture, it does look photoshopped in! Look at the tip of the but area.

It's laying on the table beside the Galils and Bulgys in another pic but I wonder how many of the guns on the news supposedly being captured form the Mexican Cartels are actually props or US government property?

I saw lot's of Military and LE Only markings and sear pins on those "AR15s" and I don't know any US sporting good store selling them like that in this day and age.

Columbia makes their own Galils under license from IWI now by the way

Edited by SOPMOD

Let's not forget how these cartels work. They pay off the police and they are chartered by the government. You think he government, the only entity with the legal right to impose itself on anyone and act freely isn't in on the nation's largest industry? A bust is essentially a layoff and a confiscation happens when goods are being phased out. Maybe they just got a fresh shipment of mint 103s from Chavez? Who knows.

• 1 month later...
Anybody notice those are all relatively new Bulgarian Type 3 AKs?

Which one of you bas****s sent all those nice guns south of the border?

Good call Nalioth. Aside from the steyr we've got some Bulgarian, Yugo, Russian and Isreali goodness there...

Actually, I would like to get my hands on one of the 7.62x39 Galils!