Anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

I think I may tackle this conversion business but was hoping I may be able to get the help of a mentor, someone who has gone before. I am semi mechanically inclined, but find I have a habbit of overstepping my abilities and making things worse than they should be. This became evident when I would attempt to work on my jeep, it would often find its way to my mechanic by way of a flat bed, half way through my project. :rolleyes: So, will any one give me a hand?

im a bit north of you im in everett. if you get stuck i wouldnt have a problem helping you out. It is really an easy conversion though. you shouldnt have any problem with it.

Thanks, I would appreciate that! As I said, I seem to over think things. When I first did a body lift on my jeep I was told it would take 45 min. 4 hours later, all the bolts where in. As for the transfer case rebuild...well, that took a month. :unsure: But it did finally move again.

Hey, I'm from the Eastside! I have a dremel and a nice drill but lack any experience converting or anything. I have only fired my S-12 that I recently bought just one time (more than once, on one day) and I LOVE it!! It was love at first sight.

I'm down for meeting up and watching and finding good places to shoot in Western Washington, but plan to keep my S-12 in stock configuration. I want to add a new butt stock, a polychoke, and a handguard. I'd love to get an MD drum soon too! I just have to keep patient cause remodeling a house on the Eastside before having kids in this economy...

-Loveless

• 3 weeks later...

I am in yakima, the crime center of our state. I sometimes go over to your side of the state where all of the political decisions are made, when I want to hang out with family over there.

I like the idea of a conversion party and maybe a group buy. I also would like to try out that 3 gun stuff, but can't find anything like that over here. Or if I do their day fees are way higher than the clubs I see in the midwest states. I would drive to Everett for a good weekend of shooting.

Hi im in seattle have coverted s12 would like to find somewhere close to shoot besides range? Right now i shoot down at the police range in tukwila u can use your drum or ten round mags but only if you use slugs No anywhere up in the hills? A lot of places have got shut down because of people leaving all there shot up garbage there and not taking it away or dioing any sort of clean up after them Fucked it up for everybody

Hi im in seattle have coverted s12 would like to find somewhere close to shoot besides range? Right now i shoot down at the police range in tukwila u can use your drum or ten round mags but only if you use slugs No anywhere up in the hills? A lot of places have got shut down because of people leaving all there shot up garbage there and not taking it away or dioing any sort of clean up after them Fucked it up for everybody

More or less the same for the Yakima area, the only free range area I know of is some public land that is windy and usually in a dust storm.

Shooting shottys at paper gets old quickly.

More or less the same for the Yakima area, the only free range area I know of is some public land that is windy and usually in a dust storm.

Shooting shottys at paper gets old quickly.

Does this help??? http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/shooting_ranges/ranges.php

I'm over in Kirkland. I spent months tuning and tweaking my Saiga, and I love this thing! Shoots like a dream. What I learned working on it has really helped me modify the rest of my collection. I don't think any of my guns are original anymore. :devil:

As for finding a place to shoot, my buddies and I bought one of those big books that have detailed maps of Washington, Delorme Atlas is what it's called. We explored the forest service roads and found quite a few places to shoot that are about 45 minutes to an hour away. As long as you are not near roads, camping, or civilization you are pretty cool. Just make sure you bring garbage bags and clean up your mess, I lost two of my favorite spots because of people dumping/shooting their garbage.

Wow a couple long weeks at work and all this hot weather, I havent been on line!

I am going to shoot it tomorrow to make sure it works well. I think I will take some of you up on your willingness to help. Maybe in exchange I take you to my shooting places around Olympia, but there has to be some place closer for most of you.

I have a mortgage on Kent's east hill area and have completed 5 Saiga conversions. Got all the tools required and a Duracoat spray booth for post conversion goodness. I am on deployment until the end of August but can help you in early September when i get home.

I have a mortgage on Kent's east hill area and have completed 5 Saiga conversions. Got all the tools required and a Duracoat spray booth for post conversion goodness. I am on deployment until the end of August but can help you in early September when i get home.

That would be awesome! I take the gun out tomorrow with some 00buck to see if it is in complete working order. Last time out wasnt so good, but I think it was ammo related.