For those with Kreb's S12 sights

I was considering buying Kreb's S12 sights since I have only read positive things about them and they seem easy enough to install, (my original rear sight has already been knocked out) but my question for you all is what you have done with the original front sight?

Also as a side note, any reviews/feedback on the Tromix Bolt on charging handle yet?

I think the charging handle is excellent. Some of the best money i've spent on the s12. If you shoot a lot of rounds that tiny hook thing that protrudes from the bolt carrier becomes less than unpleasant to use. The tromix handle affords you a very positive grip. It's like charging an Anti Aircraft gun. If you read somewhere in here a guy stated his came off at the range...I had that problem once but after i used red loctite and several hundred rounds later it's still rock solid. The tromix handle gets the vitamin k seal of approval.

I left the front bead on. It doesn't interfere with the use of the new sight, and since the Krebs fsb is bolt-on, the front bead could come in handy for realigning it if it ever becomes canted.

+1! I'd rather keep the original on just in case I smack the Krebs out of alignment.

Got both items. Left my front bead on. It doesn't intefere with the Krebs front post, plus it serves as a reference point for me if I need to make adjustments to the post. The charging handle is simply awesome. Speeds up mag changes and feels a lot better when racking the bolt back. I bought two when they came out and the second one is about to go on my new AK 74! :)

On my first Saiga 12 the front sight was threaded. I just turned Allen set screw into it to keep crud out of the hole. My new S12 has H&K sides and the hole was tigged up by SaigaTech when he filled the rest of my Saiga's vestigial holes.

I'll +1 all the praise for the charging handle, plus add something nobody else has mentioned: It makes Immediate Action Drills (the thing you do when your gun malfunctions) an absolute breeze. It is so easy to get your hand on (either hand), and feels so positive, that it took my Saiga from among the worst IAD weapon in my collection to arguably the best.

I now consider it a must.

+1 for all the input. I suppose for now I'll be keeping my front sight. I'll probably pick up one of those charging handles as well, I think it will look good with my kross tri-rail and provide better grip.

As for the krebs pictures, taken directly from krebscustom.com:

saiga12sights.jpg

krebssaiga12conversion.jpg

While my FSB isn't a Krebs, it's a similar setup.

For removing the original bead, I took a metal ruler (thin sheet metal) and drilled a 1/8" or so hole in it so it could slide over the bead and base. I then was able to grind the bead off without worrying about messing up the finish on the gas block.

Corbin