LOWER AMMO PRICES ARE APPEARING

I was able to get out and about today and stopped by a Big R store,north central Illinois, and they had a coupon book and in stock too, Estate 12 and 20 ga for $4.88/box and Tiger .223 $6.49 and Mil Spec 7.62 for 6.49. I know that the x39 is still high for a case qty but the stuff is coming down from the $8/box over the spring and summer. The best buy was at Blains Farm and Fleet for the Winchester Military 00 buck for $4.49 box, Cabela's just had an advertised special for $5.99 last month.

Patience might just pay off for those that can wait and those that live near one of these places.

I went to wallmart today to pick of another 100 round Federal value pack. The salesman shows me they had Federal game loads in 6, 7 1/2 and 8 shot with muzzle velocity of 1290 fps for $4.67 a box...cost less then the value packs and with greater muzzle velocity. So I bought 10 boxes...should have bought everything he had.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR IN A 63

Estate 250rd packs of 00 or #4BK are $149 at Cabela's, and you get a free shell box. I doubt you'll find better price on buck. They had that deal for $169 a couple months ago, and even that was a good deal.

For bird/target shot, the only stuff I use in my Saiga is the occasional Win AA... widely available for around $9 per 25rd box. In terms of birdshot, it works "well" once your gun is broken in, but I still get jams with it maybe every other clip on setting 1 and maybe every 4th or 5th clip on 2. I basically prefer to just shoot buck in my Saiga, but if I bring friends out shooting for hundreds of rounds, I will mix in some AA.

Estate 250rd packs of 00 or #4BK are $149 at Cabela's, and you get a free shell box. I doubt you'll find better price on buck. They had that deal for $169 a couple months ago, and even that was a good deal.

For bird/target shot, the only stuff I use in my Saiga is the occasional Win AA... widely available for around $9 per 25rd box. In terms of birdshot, it works "well" once your gun is broken in, but I still get jams with it maybe every other clip on setting 1 and maybe every 4th or 5th clip on 2. I basically prefer to just shoot buck in my Saiga, but if I bring friends out shooting for hundreds of rounds, I will mix in some AA.

So Cabela's is a viable option. There is one at state line in Idaho which is about a 20 minute drive from my house. Been in there a couple times for shells but never thought I was getting a great deal.

250rds - 12 gauge Fiocchi High Velocity Nickel Plated BuckShot $139.95 good performer in my shorties

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com

$119.95 for RIO? anyone ran this stuff before?

I haven't... was thinking of trying it, but Estate has always worked well as my range buckshot and it gave the free S&H and free ammo case.

If you buy some Rio buck, let us know how it works out for ya. :killer:

Meh 12 guage ammo is easy. Try finding .45 ACP

Don't know what you want to pay or if you want plinking or defensive ammo. For range time: Blazer aluminum - works great in my Glock

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?conte...amp;src=tpCtgAm

or Wolf & Speer Gold Dot:

http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

ill never use blazer again in any caliber, let alone on my 2k les baer

I was looking at some Blazer I saw on a back shelf and was thinking about buying it.

What's the story?

Edited by Spartacus

My local Wallymart carries only the brass Blazer but I picked up some aluminum online. Absolutely no problem with either in my Glock 21. I will not use the aluminum if in my MP5K especially in full auto. I do use Blazer brass 9mm in f/a without ever a single issue.

I was looking at some Blazer I saw on a back shelf and was thinking about buying it.

What's the story?

I'm wondering about this as well. I've shot a few hundred rounds of Blazer Brass .45 ACP through my Glock 30SF and never had an issue with it.

I went to wallmart today to pick of another 100 round Federal value pack. The salesman shows me they had Federal game loads in 6, 7 1/2 and 8 shot with muzzle velocity of 1290 fps for $4.67 a box...cost less then the value packs and with greater muzzle velocity. So I bought 10 boxes...should have bought everything he had.

Thats the stuff Ive been buying, havent had a single problem with it, so I went to all 5 Wallmarts here and bought all they had, which wasnt that much.

The Winchester stuf jams on me alot no idea why, but the all the Federals Ive tried have been great.

not trying to start anything, if it werks for you guys great, ive just had some problems with blazer in the past, and i know others that have found it a bit underpowered as well,

I am also one of those perfectionists that worry about non brass cases affect on extractors.

My russian rifles I dont worry about it, but the american guns I only feed brass

RIO 2.505,00 buck,wolff buckshot 00 buck(2.530) Remington 00 buck 15rd pack from Walmart 2.320,Ive shot alot of the wolf and Rio they are kinda hot and run great, the remington is hot also but it has the plastic buffer/filler and really gunks up your barrel after alot of rounds,Fiocchi 2.295 #4 buck

Edited by pvt joker