How did this get here?

So... I tore down my S12 today for a cleaning. After a good through scrubdown on it I was putting my table and found something on the floor.

It's a small rod with a black ring in the middle.

Now, chances are this is from my table as a leg broke as I was folding it back together but I want to make sure.

Here is a pic and the only place I can think where it came from on the gun. I did take this apart and cleaned it but I don't recall this rod falling out if.

wtf.jpg

That is about the same size as what could have been a broken off rod from the spring tube. (Sure wouldn't surprise me these days... :rolleyes: ) If it was that though, the rear spring and the tube would no longer be retained.

Seriously,

I tore my Saiga down trying to figure out what it could be and I have no clue.

It IS possible that it came from your Saiga but as I said in my joking post, a spring/guide assembly device perhaps?

Thanks guys.

I think it may be from the table as well for 2 reasons. 1) It is a different tone color than everything else in the gun and 2) aside from that black ring its clean, not oiled or anything and I put a small drop of oil down that every cleaning.

I guess I can fire and hope the bolt doesn't come flying into my forehead. :P

Thanks guys.

I think it may be from the table as well for 2 reasons. 1) It is a different tone color than everything else in the gun and 2) aside from that black ring its clean, not oiled or anything and I put a small drop of oil down that every cleaning.

Just in case, have someone film you firing it the next time you do. If the bolt does fly back into your forehead, we can all enjoy the video footage! :lol:

Thanks guys.

Just in case, have someone film you firing it the next time you do. If the bolt does fly back into your forehead, we can all enjoy the video footage! :lol:

K.

Hey, whenever you take something apart and put it back together, there is always at least one extra part that cannot be explained. So don't worry about it, it's normal.

The proper vernacular in the troubleshooting arena is "bonus parts". The rule of thumb I used was unless it looks like it came off of a circuit board, it was an optional piece. :D