We had a nice discussion on this topic

Police will now see if this falls under the castle doctrine. It gives homeowners the right to defend themselves with deadly force. It's fairly new on the law books and not everyone agrees with it.

JUST BECAUSE IT IS BEING WRITTEN ON PAPER DOES NOT MEAN IT HASN'T BEEN THE RIGHT OF EVERY SENTIENT BEING TO DEFEND THEMSELVES FOR ALL TIME!

R-R-R-RRRAAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!!

Edited by camon

From the description of the events, I don't see what the castle doctrine has to do with it. Sounds the homes occupants were justified according to Texas law to shoot the invaders anyway.?

Looks like the media is just trying to stir up some controversy Re the new castle doctrine. No surprise there.

"you ever notice the ones that complain about the gunmen getting shot are the same race as the gun men that got shot . im getting realy tired of this crap around here these gang banging little punks need to expect to be shot every time they pull this"

Sorry to argue this, but I'm pretty convinced that this Salazar assclown is either gay or adopted, because no Texas born Hispanic man is going to argue against defending his home with a firearm.

"you ever notice the ones that complain about the gunmen getting shot are the same race as the gun men that got shot . im getting realy tired of this crap around here these gang banging little punks need to expect to be shot every time they pull this"

Sorry to argue this, but I'm pretty convinced that this Salazar assclown is either gay or adopted, because no Texas born Hispanic man is going to argue against defending his home with a firearm.

funny because i hear them doing it all the time here , oh wait its not thier homes getting the doors kicked in is it ( sorry if i sound angry , had a friend get killed by 2 punks doing this crap )

Edited by bigdick

"Police will now see if this falls under the castle doctrine. It gives homeowners the right to defend themselves with deadly force. It's fairly new on the law books and not everyone agrees with it. "

HOW could anyone NOT agree with it...I know they wouldn't feel the same if THERE homes were broken into and they had to kill whoever it was before they themselves were injured in there own bedrooms! They are idiots... all of them! Who wouldn't agree that defending yourself in your own HOUSE isn't okay to do. STUPID STUPID PEOPLE!

"Police will now see if this falls under the castle doctrine. It gives homeowners the right to defend themselves with deadly force. It's fairly new on the law books and not everyone agrees with it. "

HOW could anyone NOT agree with it...I know they wouldn't feel the same if THERE homes were broken into and they had to kill whoever it was before they themselves were injured in there own bedrooms! They are idiots... all of them! Who wouldn't agree that defending yourself in your own HOUSE isn't okay to do. STUPID STUPID PEOPLE!

i had some one ask why i had such a big gun sitting next to my remotecontrols in the living room , i had to explain if someone comes in my home uninvited i want them going out just as fast

At the end of the article a LEO states no charges are expected to be filed against the resident who defended himself. The determination of whether or not formal charges will be filed are not up to law enforcement anyway. That authority lies exclusively within the domain of the jurisdictions prosecutors office. The proper procedure would have been for the reporter to contact that office.

It is usually a good idea not to have a knee jerk reaction concerning everything you read or hear reported in the news media. I cannot begin to enumerate the number of incidents I have been involved in where the news media simply doesn't know, or twists, the actual events to sensationalise a story. Particularly in small one newspaper towns. Why would the reporter bring up the controversial "castle doctrine" if the LEO stated he did not expect any charges to be filed against the shooter? Sounds like the newspaper has an axe to grind in my humble opinion. I firmly believe the "good guys" won this one and any attempt to punish the shooter would be disgraceful. The color of anyone's skin should hold no sway concerning this incident.

I find it very creative how MSNBC and FOX can report on the very same story and twist the events to fit their ideology. They know how to play to their audience though.

Well, the good thing is that nobody outside of the idiot they interviewed (Salazar) seems to think that the outcome of this event was a bad thing. Apparently though, the High School that the intruders attended is now holding grief counseling sessions for students that knew them. Sigh.....

the High School that the intruders attended is now holding grief counseling sessions for students that knew them

Bullhockey!

They ought to prop the perps standing up in their caskets like they did back in wild west days so all their classmates could file by and tag them.

Edited by VincentYGB

Hear, Hear, DLT! Well said, Sir!

guido

the High School that the intruders attended is now holding grief counseling sessions for students that knew them

Bullhockey!

They ought to prop the perps standing up in their caskets like they did back in wild west days so all their classmates could file by and tag them.

+1

And I would like to send the guy that defended his friends a medal!

Well, the good thing is that nobody outside of the idiot they interviewed (Salazar) seems to think that the outcome of this event was a bad thing. Apparently though, the High School that the intruders attended is now holding grief counseling sessions for students that knew them. Sigh.....

So? They'd do the same thing if the students had died in a car crash. The fact that they were dangerous criminals does not mean that their friends and acquaintances are not traumatized or do not deserve sympathy. Dealing with the death of a friend or loved one is not easy, even if they have done terrible things. I don't understand this need to revel in bloodshed. Killing these punks was an unfortunate necessity; it was something that had to be done, not something to be proud of. I doubt the fellow who dispatched the intruders is happy about it, right though his actions were.

Let us all hope that we are never forced to act as he did, and be always prepared to.

Good for the homeowner. Here in Florida, we've had the castle doctrine for years, & now we have a "stand your ground" law so if we are being robbed outside a pizza joint we can drop the bad guy there, instead of having to run away. Also in Florida the 2 survivors would be charged with "felony murder" for the death of their 2 accomplices. They comitted a felony & 2 people died. No question. Another happy ending to a bad situation. GARY N4KVE