Tromix S17 + Md Arms 20 + "Man Purse" = Respect

Howzit Saigaphiles,

I took a shotgun training course back in August. This being my first training course, I didn't know what to expect exactly. When I arrived, I realized that I was sort of the odd-man-out. Everyone else had pump shotguns and were wearing tactical load-bearing vests. After I got my gear ready and assembled with everyone else, I started getting looks. The instructor looked my Tromix S-17 over and said "What the F*** is that?". I explained, but his eyes really popped when he saw the drum.

While loading my mags (in shoulder map bag), I overheard the comment "Who brings a man purse to a shotgun course?"

Safety briefing over, we started with patterning exercises and proceeded through out the day with different drills. I found the "Mireles Drill" challenging with the S-17, but not impossible. After my solo run through a serpentine/ multiple threats drill, the disparaging comments ceased and I received lots of compliments/questions about my Saiga.

It appears that they liked it enough to post the video on their website: www.combat-terror.com

Here's the youTube Link:

I overheard the comment "Who brings a man purse to a shotgun course?"

After my solo run through a serpentine/ multiple threats drill, the disparaging comments ceased and I received lots of compliments/questions about my Saiga.

Good work. Love that.

I got the same style comments the first time I went shooting pins with my DE. Comments stopped when I ripped 6 pins in about 6-8 seconds. I know not a great time but for the first time out I thought good. It is a good feeling to hear the commenter's eating crow.

Same results when I shoot trap with the Saiga. Everyone has to comment until you kick them with a low 20s. For some reason their tunes always change. :rolleyes:

Awesome. Looks like you were tearing it up. Is that the Hellion mounted on there? If so it's the first video yet of the Hellion on the S-17.

Cool vid!

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Kross: Yes, that's your Hellion on the front of my S-17!

It fits tight and is so light I didn't even notice the change in hand guards. Felt super solid and the finish is flawless, not a machine mark on it. The Hellion allowed me to mount a stubby VFG upfront for awesome muzzle control. I highly recommend it for anyone with an S-17.

P.S.: Thanks for shipping so quickly!

That was a pretty awesome vid man!

Were you local, or did you fly out for the course? The reason I ask is that I have been thinking about going to something similar to this.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey Moe! Yeah, I'm 'local', living in Utah county temporarily. I learned plenny in the course, despite the disrespect, and I will train with them again. The lead instructor, Dennis is very knowledgeable. The 8-hour course went by very quickly.

C'mon out! I don't want to be the lone Saiga out there.

Hey Moe! Yeah, I'm 'local', living in Utah county temporarily. I learned plenny in the course, despite the disrespect, and I will train with them again. The lead instructor, Dennis is very knowledgeable. The 8-hour course went by very quickly.

C'mon out! I don't want to be the lone Saiga out there.

I went to their site and was looking at the Urban Rifle/Pistol course on Oct 10th. If work allows, I might try to make it out there for it. I'd be brining my x39 and my Witness .45.

I would love to do a shotgun course as well, but it doesn't look like they have any more this year. :cryss:

I'm sure the gun-tube guys who had disparaging things to say about your Saiga and mag bag were doing the math while you were shooting. Shots sent downrange plus the number of targets hit divided by total time spent reloading equals one helluva lot more dead zombies! I watched both Parts 1 and 2, and I couldn't help feeling a little smug about the glaring differences.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for exposing the wider world to our beloved "novelty gun" (as a local range worker recently called mine until he saw it shoot).

Regards,

Sapper

BTW, I counted ~35 shots in that video, is that right?

Yep. :killer:

Here's the stats:

10 Targets (2 steel, 8 Paper)

Rounds Fired: 35 (30 Buck, 5 Slugs)

Rounds-Per-Target: 3.5

Total Time: 35.8 seconds

Reload 1: 9.5 seconds(forgot to lock bolt back)

Reload 2: 5.6 seconds

Not bad for a 'Novelty' gun. One question I got repeatedly was: "Yeah, but is it reliable?"

My Answer: "Well, It went bang every time I pulled the trigger today"

We fired 300+ rounds in the 8 hour training day. I didn't have a single FTF/FTE.

Now, if I had that JT Mag well, I could cut those reloads down to about 3 seconds... :D

ISAIGA: did the instructor make you go first?

No, I was like third out of 15 guys. He did ask to try out my gun after the class though :D

I notice they didn't post my "Box Drill" with the drum. Too much of an apples-to-apples comparison perhaps? :P

They don't want to alienate thier audience. Besides, they did still let you use yours, no reason to complain.

Nice vid, cool story. Thanks for posting :smoke:

BTW, I counted ~35 shots in that video, is that right?

Yep. :killer:

Here's the stats:

10 Targets (2 steel, 8 Paper)

Rounds Fired: 35 (30 Buck, 5 Slugs)

Rounds-Per-Target: 3.5

Total Time: 35.8 seconds

Reload 1: 9.5 seconds(forgot to lock bolt back)

Reload 2: 5.6 seconds

Not bad for a 'Novelty' gun. One question I got repeatedly was: "Yeah, but is it reliable?"

My Answer: "Well, It went bang every time I pulled the trigger today"

We fired 300+ rounds in the 8 hour training day. I didn't have a single FTF/FTE.

Now, if I had that JT Mag well, I could cut those reloads down to about 3 seconds... :D

Man, that is awesome.

Thanks for helping us garner a little more respect at the range!

Awesome. Looks like you were tearing it up. Is that the Hellion mounted on there? If so it's the first video yet of the Hellion on the S-17.

Cool vid!

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Kross: Yes, that's your Hellion on the front of my S-17!

It fits tight and is so light I didn't even notice the change in hand guards. Felt super solid and the finish is flawless, not a machine mark on it. The Hellion allowed me to mount a stubby VFG upfront for awesome muzzle control. I highly recommend it for anyone with an S-17.

P.S.: Thanks for shipping so quickly!

Awesome, and I'm glad to hear it helped give you a tactical advantage out there! The S-17 is a truly sweet platform, keep showing those guys what they're missing!

Zach

KROSS F.A.