The trials and dark times in our lives.

Lately, several of our forum mambers and their family members have been going through dark, dark times in their lives. I am so proud to be a part of this forum where everyone pulls together and sends out heartfelt prayers and well wishes for those who are going through times that some of us have been through already and others are seeing what's down the road for them. I am proud to stand among you and call you "friend". I am in great company and am humbled and honored. I know that this is a "gun" forum, but for a lot of us, we have become more than that, we have become a community and family where we try to look out after one another, and in this world today, that can be a rare thing.

• Like 4

Lately, several of our forum mambers and their family members have been going through dark, dark times in their lives. I am so proud to be a part of this forum where everyone pulls together and sends out heartfelt prayers and well wishes for those who are going through times that some of us have been through already and others are seeing what's down the road for them. I am proud to stand among you and call you "friend". I am in great company and am humbled and honored. I know that this is a "gun" forum, but for a lot of us, we have become more than that, we have become a community and family where we try to look out after one another, and in this world today, that can be a rare thing.

+1,000,000,000

• Like 2

I too am proud, honored, and humbled here. I also feel such a sense of releife to have a place where I can associate with so many like minded patriots, my hat is off to you all.......you know who you are :super:

• Like 1

Agreed, this is the best forum out there. Hands down the best group of folks on the web. I'm still a newb, but I dig the company. Other gun sites are all: over the top, bunker building, red blooded, god fearing, semi-literate, wanna kill you if you don't agree with me types. And other political sites are wishy/washy, bean sprout eating, hug a tree and don't bathe, piss and moan but do nothing yahoos. But here we got some characters that won't bore the hell out of ya, and are downright genuine. What more could you ask for. I'm with ya on the troubled times. I live in York Pa, and my job is dependent on Harley Davidson staying here. They go, I'm out of work and it looks like a real crap shoot right now. We lost CAT and York International, we can't loose another.

• Like 1

I'm with ya on the troubled times. I live in York Pa, and my job is dependent on Harley Davidson staying here. They go, I'm out of work and it looks like a real crap shoot right now. We lost CAT and York International, we can't loose another.

You guys might be able to struggle on without Harley (I know I know burn me at the stake), but then you'd be just like us up here in the middle of the state ;). Times are tough all over. Hope Harley stays where it should right down there.

Agreed, this is the best forum out there. Hands down the best group of folks on the web. I'm still a newb, but I dig the company. Other gun sites are all: over the top, bunker building, red blooded, god fearing, semi-literate, wanna kill you if you don't agree with me types. And other political sites are wishy/washy, bean sprout eating, hug a tree and don't bathe, piss and moan but do nothing yahoos. But here we got some characters that won't bore the hell out of ya, and are downright genuine. What more could you ask for. I'm with ya on the troubled times. I live in York Pa, and my job is dependent on Harley Davidson staying here. They go, I'm out of work and it looks like a real crap shoot right now. We lost CAT and York International, we can't loose another.

We lost Sperry/New Holland (tracters/combines)A few towns over in our county a while ago, and now, Tennecco Monroe shock absorbers is set to shut down the next town over. We still have a Baldwin Filter plant here. I'm not involved with any of the plant operations, (a few years ago I was ) but this shit is getting scary. The Monroe plant employes 500 people, and the local "regroup" organization says the county can only absorb 150 jobs. So those other people are fucked. Tennecco will help them to get new jobs or relocated ( to Mexico? )I'm glad to know there are people left that don't eat bugs and hug tress and still like to shoot guns in the rest of the country! lol. Fuck, I thought Harley was kicking ass.

I work at Worthington and they are a pretty stable and large company. We make the steel skids Harleys get shipped on, but all together we got compressed gas cylinders, all kinds of steel pallets, metal framing, coils, galvinizing, etc. so the corp will survive, but I may need to follow the action. Harley's sales dropped 91% since this time last year! The only thing the company wants is for the union guys to multi task like the rest of us have to. A screw driver guy won't screw on more than one job, etc. Hope they get off their lazy asses and learn to do a little work, otherwise one of the southern states is gonna get one hell of a job boost. On a lighter note-I'm headin' up to Hutingdon county Pa to visit family and do some Saiga shootin' There's a nice shotgun range right next to my mom's place. Lookin' forward to it.

sometimes we fight like dogs.... but when it gets down to what matters.... we pull together...

now, somebody say something goofy... or I'm gonna have to start huggin' people....

What initially attracted me to this site (other than the Saiga 12) was the vast knowledge of the AK platform and most peoples willingness to contribute and help. But what kept me (and I figure a good handful of others as well) is the ability to share your feelings and thoughts freely which leads/has led to a sense of comradery. And that also provides quite a bit of entertainment sometimes, too. But I think that's what many sites are missing, the ability to freely exchange thoughts/feelings/information relating to things that are not strictly site-specific related.

. . . Alright Drew, I'll give you a hug . . .:lolol:

Yeah, it's kinda like a small town roadhouse...

You can kick the shit out of each other one night, but when it really matters, people pull together.

Not too much superficial B.S.

Not to mention, people have a sense of humor. :D

• Like 1

I have noticed over the years, that its the lack of discipline in posting and lack of censorship that has been the biggest contributor to the "air" around here.

Both good and bad.

As much entertainment (or frustration) as matters here may be, it really comes down to the fact that speaking your mind on an open forum without fear of censorship is like a needle in a haystack on the internet.

Thank you Max.