I had a possum come up on my porch the other night and was stealing my cat's food. My cat is stupid and thought the possum was another kittycat and tried to get it to pet her by rubbing against it. :eek: . I went outside and cornered it on the side of my porch and hit it with my "choppa" an old meat cleaver I found while restoring an old barn and spray painted with a skull stencil I made. Luckily the possum was hanging over the edge of my deck and the force of the blow just knocked it off instead of decapitating it. It's funny cause it really did play dead.

Well last night I let out my dogs and my pitbull tripped on the damn thing going down the steps and before she even hit the sidewalk she was turned to face the possum and shook the holy shit out of it. I was shocked and proud of her, kinda scared it was the cat at first :cryss: . She dropped it after 4-5 good shakes and had broke it's neck. So I finished it off with my "Choppa" ...freaking my girlfriend out, she actually cried. Cooked my dog a steak as an award. She has never attacked anything, she even nursed the cat when it was a kitten.

This

p_00100.jpg

+ This

SSPX0081.jpg

= :ded:

SSPX0080.jpg

Edited by obake

Your GF cried???

Over a dead possum???

OMG! There are some things about women that I never will understand. I live with three women and some things I just DO NOT GET.

Edited by Bounce12

I don't hate Possums, but look at them as pest. I get to "take care of them" on my mom's farm. They kill her chickens and get into the hay the horse's eat. Possums are a carrier of equine encephalitis. One of her horses has contracted it from eating hay with possum feces in it and has suffered unrepairable nerve damage. The first shot through my new Beretta Storm was through the skull of a possum.

Edited by obake

I don't hate Possums, but look at them as pest. I get to "take care of them" on my mom's farm. They kill her chickens and get into the hay the horse's eat. Possums are a carrier of equine encephalitis. One of her horses has contracted it from eating hay with possum feces in it and has suffered unrepairable nerve damage. The first shot through my new Beretta Storm was through the skull of a possum.

A worthy "fowler" shot.

LOL

Possums are cool compared to skunks! My neighbor down the road actually got a skunk in a garbage container using her husbands short fishing net, she waited until he got home then asked him if it would be ok to have it descented and have it for a pet. Possums are SO much cooler than skunks. If you have ever been been squirted in the face by a skunk, you would understand and agree. One of my dogs got squirted one night, and right afterwards I got a squirt also. I didn't have any thing on me at the time, as I was mowing my lawn. I went to the garage and got a rake and beat the death out of that bastard with it. That squirt tastes as bad as it smells. I put out cat food for the wild cats around to help keep down on mice. Every once in a while a possum or skunk finds it. Possums have a prehensile tail, which is cool.

My brothers dogs got a hold of a cat once and played tug-o-war with it. I did not mind if they did it to a wood chuck, but I felt bad about the cat. Then there was the fawn, I had to kick the dog a few times to keep him away.

RalphXL