You got the challenge because of the time frame it took the game logs the ammount of time it took inbetween the two kills so it assumes one shot two kills

Ah, that makes sense. I wonder if you do the same thing, only with headshots, if it will complete that challenge too. I'll have to try for it.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to j

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone

Well if you have it preordered there is a new site up for a chance to win some nifty stuff suprizeattack.com

Posted Images

I just started playing online a few days ago I'm on PS3 my call sign is Saiga-12ga. It is freakin' addicting. I can't stop playing trying to get better rank and weapons and beating some of the level 70 guys. I am currently at level 40 and have had MVP for Team Death Matches and had the game winning kill a few times also. I use the Tar-21 mostly with the grenade launcher, and the Raffica. My perks are Marathon Pro, Cold Blooded pro, and Ninja pro most of the time. I have unlocked Bling pro and Sit rep but don't use them much. I also have Commando Pro for certain maps. I have a question though. How come a guy can be about 10 yards away from me and knife me after I have dumped 5-6 rounds of FMJ into him? I can't believe how some guys can launch off a building and shoot you while they're in mid air either. I have been trying this with minimal effect. I have found that using Commando Pro especially in Favela that I can run across roof tops looking for the enemy and when I see them jump down and knife them it works pretty well. I also hate it when you play Free For all and there is a group that just hangs out in one place and lure you in. I came across that the other night there was a group with theclan name [NIGR] and there was 4 of them and they all had mikes on and kept saying "Black power baby". I played againt them on several maps and they would always post 1-2 guys at the edge of a tatical position and lure you in then the other 2-3 would ambush you. I got so mad I couldn't stay away and neither could a bunch of other guys I just had to try and get even. But after wards I realised if we would have all stayed away from them they would have had to come out so they were the smart ones as they just kept luring us back in. I am having a blast playing though but also hate the kids on there laughing and giggling, and cussing the whole game. One kid on there the other day was saying "I'm going to kill all you MFer's" so I head shot him when I was using the M4 with Holographic sight and he said "AWWWWWW SAIGA-12ga you're a dead man" so I killed him about 5 more times and he never hit me and he didn't come back in the next game LOL.Looking forward to playing with some of you guys. Maybe I already have I headshot some sniper the other day on wasteland and he must have took it personal as he killed me several times after that until I switched classes. I couldn't believe how fast that dude could run and then pull up and sight in with his sniper rifle.

I have a question though. How come a guy can be about 10 yards away from me and knife me after I have dumped 5-6 rounds of FMJ into him?

FMJ doesn't increase damage or anything, it's just for penetrating barriers (certain walls/barricades, etc). It's most likely a combination of 2 things; they're probably running Commando (which allows them to knife people from 42 miles away), and maybe you were lagging a little bit, so not all of those shots actually registered. I was playing Hardcore, where kills require FAR less shots..........but when the game started lagging, I almost had to dump half a mag into someone to kill them.

As for the people luring you in on Free For All....................screw 'em. Just like you said, if you don't go to them, they'll have to come to you. But I know what you mean, I've screwed myself from just having to get revenge on someone and kept going back, just to end up getting killed over and over :lolol: . Next time, plant a claymore on one of the routes out of where they're posted up. Don't go near them, and sooner or later, they'll come out and trip your claymore.

The commando perk is one of many broken things about this game that IW has yet to address.

Simply put, melee attacks are compensated for much better than ranged attacks in this game.

Your character when using commando will literally teleport a distance of 6 in game feet towards an enemy that you are looking at that is within that 6 foot range. That teleport can and will go right through bullets, including noob toob shells.

Only way to overcome this is to use something that has a persistent explosion, such as an AT4 or an RPG. A thumper or toob won't cut it since they have a distance limit on them. You will die since their knife will hit you but the explosion damage will persist in the game world long enough that they get hit as well by the aoe. If you use danger close it's even more reliable.

Other alternative is a very high rof, high mag size subgun/ar with stopping power. Just put a hail of lead in front of them when they're running up to you. You have to put enough bullets into the game world to adjust for lag and to stop them before they get to the 6 foot teleport distance.

Bad company 2 has the one hit kill knife as well but you have to be RIGHT NEXT to someone to use it and the kill effect does not occur until your character has completed the animation for the knifing. Also no commando. Worth looking into.

Note that those strategies are irrelevant if you hit them while they are far far away. However, due to most knifers using a combo of lightweight, marathon and a handgun with a tactical knife this can be very difficult to do especially if they are using something like the magnum or the m9 (magnum-2 shot kill at close range, m9-3 shot kill at close range, both without stopping power) with a tactical knife and if they are combining the knifing class with noob tactics like bunny hopping (jumping over and over and over again while closing with an enemy, often while shooting at them to empty your mag/cylinder till you can close with commando) or dolphin diving (more of a problem on the PC since you can remap your keys to make it easy- essentially if a Knifer or other noob realizes they're caught in a distance where they cannot close for a knife they hit both prone and fire at the same exact time while having you sighted in; since the game does not impose an accuracy penalty FAST enough while going prone the shot goes off at the original aiming reticle height).

It gets even worse if they're on PC and using a bunny hopping script which can, if done right, get around IW's ONLY anti-cheat measure, VAC. Essentially that makes it so that on being hit the character humps or on sight enemy character jumps. Primitive, going back to CS:S days and there are much better hacks out there but you do see them on occasion. Will usually get you a VAC ban since the ones I've seen rely on memory injections which VAC will detect...3 weeks later.

Edited by Tsm002

Is there any way as you get farther in the game that it allows you to carry submachine guns as your secondary weapon? I would like to at least try that. Right now I have gone to using the Rangers with Akimbo as my back up weapon. I just got a headset also so if any of you guys want to play on a team sometime let me know. I'm not great but I don't usually finish to awful bad. I have a ton of fun though. Hope to see some of you online.

Is there any way as you get farther in the game that it allows you to carry submachine guns as your secondary weapon? I would like to at least try that. Right now I have gone to using the Rangers with Akimbo as my back up weapon. I just got a headset also so if any of you guys want to play on a team sometime let me know. I'm not great but I don't usually finish to awful bad. I have a ton of fun though. Hope to see some of you online.

Unfortunately, no, there's no way to carry SMG's as your secondary. You're only hope is to find a dead guy's SMG, have your secondary equipped, then pick up his SMG. You'll have it as whatever it replaced, up until you die. When you respawn, you'll have your own class again.

There was a perk on MW1, callled "Overkill" (I think) that allowed you to carry 2 primaries. So in reality, you could carry a primary as a secondary. But there's no such perk in MW2.

Didn't think so but thought I'd ask. Oh well the dual rangers do a fairly well job of takin' out the trash. They even work fairly well at stopping some of the Commando knife attacks. I have found for me anyway that even if 4 barrels of lead don't stop them it makes alot of them back off just enough to be able to go Commando on them. I still can't believe how fast some guys are though. I'm still geting used to the controls and since breaking my spine in 2 places and having permanent nerve damage as a result my hands and fingers aren't as quick as they used to be. Probably doesn't help that I'm almost 49 years old with arthritis setting in my fingers and hands either.But I figure this is a good hand and finger exercise to help keep them limber LOL.

Didn't think so but thought I'd ask. Oh well the dual rangers do a fairly well job of takin' out the trash. They even work fairly well at stopping some of the Commando knife attacks. I have found for me anyway that even if 4 barrels of lead don't stop them it makes alot of them back off just enough to be able to go Commando on them. I still can't believe how fast some guys are though. I'm still geting used to the controls and since breaking my spine in 2 places and having permanent nerve damage as a result my hands and fingers aren't as quick as they used to be. Probably doesn't help that I'm almost 49 years old with arthritis setting in my fingers and hands either.But I figure this is a good hand and finger exercise to help keep them limber LOL.

Closest thing the SMGs for secondaries are G18 akimbos with steady aim. Crazy accurate man. As for the Knifers, some 00 buck usually takes care of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have hit level 70 finally. I'm still not great but getting better, I guess just having fun mostly. Is it just me or has the system been lagging quite a bit lately? Last night I had the top spot on the leaderboards for kills 6 games in a row so I guess I'm doing better but sometimes I still only get around 6-7 kills, but usually get around 10-20 kills and 4-7 assists per game but consistently get lowest death accolade . Seems like when I am geting killed alot is when i keep respawning right in front of the enemy or when i take out one or two guys and then two or three more come around the corner while I'm reloading . If any of you guys would like to team up let me know my online name is Saiga-12ga. What do you have to do to Prestige? I have only been playing for 2 weeks and have never played online gaming before now either. How long does it take to normally hit level 70 and Prestige? I want to get started on BFBC2 online but the control layout is different so I don't want to mess up my button memory. The other night on the Invasion map someone said come on Saiga pick up your game man, during the game and I admit I was not having a great game only 7 kills with 4 assists as I was lagging quite a bit but how could they tell it was me that was having a bad game? Also one guy only had 2 kills and 4 assists so I wasn't the worst contributor. Oh well hope to play online with some of you guys.

Duke i'm going to send out a friends invite to you. I've been playing BC2 lately but i can switch back to MW2 without the button change messing me up bad. About the only thing I fumble with between games is the knife me-lee with MW2 using the R3 and BC2 using R2

Sweet I'll be looking forward to joining some games with you guys. I've been looking for the call names in this post but haven't seen any of you guys yet at least i don't think so. Sometimes actually alot lately I get thrown into games already in progress. Yesterday I got thrown into the Afghan map with just alittle over 1 minute left and ended up with 7 kills and 2 assists. I have over 1,000 kills with the ACR and almost 1,000 with the M4A1 and over 800 with the M16A4, and closing in one 300 with the FAL and the SCAR H, and over 700 with the TAR. Do you have to get mastery on each one to prestige? That's what I'm trying to do is get mastery with each weapon. So some games suffer as I'm getting used to the weapon.

You can prestige after you reach the max XP for level

70. Everything will be reset except for the titles and emblems you have earned. I'm currently about to top out at second prestige then I don't know if I will roll it over to the third for a while.

I've been whoring out my "practice account". I maxed out level 70 the other day, and said screw it, and Prestiged that account. I'm already up to 21 or so. My K/D dropped a tad after Prestiging, but as soon as I get my CB and Ninja perks, I'll bring it back up :super: .

I've decided to wait until after the new MW2 map pack comes out, to buy BF:BC2. I figure it will be cheaper, right around the time I get bored with the new maps, and bored with MW2 completely.

You gonna pick up the map pack, Superhawk?

I play battlefield bad company 2 on pc, did not get modern crapfare 2 because of the lack of dedicated servers and how they had to add more perks to make the game easier for nubs, also since when is knifing someone from 15' away possible? uber tactical gayness... if any of you get battlefield bad company 2 on pc add me 1ucifer... plus in bfbc2 they have the saiga with 12 round mags if you get the extended mag oh yeah and slugs too