A few details that the above description left out.

They weigh 495 grains, each splinter weighs 30 grains and the main slug weighs 310 grains.

They are made of steel.

The polymeric component ensures reduced friction and reliable passage of the slug through the barrel.

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 1

There is video on their site...last I checked. That shows the effects of one of those hitting a game animal. They are pretty effective at spreading through the body without destroying the meat but still creating massive blood loss.

" No meat damage. Unlike lead slugs, D Dupleks slugs do not create extensive blood effusions when hitting game. The impact locations are clean, without small slug fragments. Every splinter of a Hexolit 32 slug works as a scalpel blade, creating clean, cut perforations and not damaging the valuable game meat. The combined impact effect of steel slugs is so enormous that, in most cases, heart and circulatory systems stop instantly. Therefore, an animal is killed by heart stoppage, instead of bleeding to death, as frequently seen with lead slug hits."

Edit.

I looked at the site again and didn't see the video of them x-raying the animal after being shot. (maybe it was taken down for animal lovers?) But watch what it does to the mound of clay!! I am going to the art supply to get some clay to try this at the range. Looks like fun and can be reformed after you blow it to hell!

Checked again and found it! I originally looked at the test videos but the kill footage and x-ray is on the main page regarding the Hexolit 32.

http://www.ddupleks.lv/EN/ddupleks_products/show/Hexolit32

Edited by obake

According to their website the penetration was only 7-8 cm inside the body of a 2 1/2 yr wild boar. That's only 2.8" - 3.1". Doesn't seem like a lot. Looks mean as heck and I certainly don't know about "energy transfer," "neural shock," "Fuller Index," "one-shot stopping power," "Strasbourg Tests," and such but again, the penetration doesn't seem to be much. Help me out here.

According to their website the penetration was only 7-8 cm inside the body of a 2 1/2 yr wild boar. That's only 2.8" - 3.1". Doesn't seem like a lot. Looks mean as heck and I certainly don't know about "energy transfer," "neural shock," "Fuller Index," "one-shot stopping power," "Strasbourg Tests," and such but again, the penetration doesn't seem to be much. Help me out here.

thats perfect depth for human targets...or deer

So essentially this would equate to a frangible slug? Don't see how the shock power of this could be greater than that of a normal lead slug. I do understand how the splnters could each cause extensive damage on their own.

Hmmm... this might require more study on my part... :killer: