I removed the important info from this thread : http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3446&st=0 Hopefully now people can find the information. Please DO NOT GET POLITICAL HERE!!!!!! I think its only fair to the people that want info and not political discussion. If you derail this thread I will ask Bvamp to remove if he can.

I called the number in this post here http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3445&hl= and they confirmed that they will be importing Saigas hopefully in mid march. They are setting up their warehouse and web site now. I asked them about High caps as well and they said its a good possiblilty they are going to try and get them in the future as well Oh happy days for all us Saiga freaks

Thanks Smiley guy and Crazy J Saw Smileys first sorry crazy

LOL Got so excited to post I just noticed that the title shoud be IMPORTER not imported

This post has been edited by stokstad: Jan 28 2005, 10:28 AM

To get this post back on track....... I called RAAC this very morning and asked what the status was. The very nice woman I spoke to says everything is lined up and ready to go the are just waiting on The licensing. Would figure our government would slow them down. As soon as they licensing comes through she said the web page would be up. She said to call back twards the end of march. I also told them to contact prodiz about their shotgun accessories. Not sure if they will or not but i figured it worth a try. Sounds like they have everything else lined up

Here is a question never having been asked before....................

Have they(RAA) ever sold anything else before?

Or is this a company that stood up just to sell Saigas?

I'd be less suspicious of vapor if they had been in business to begin with....

Anyone?????

So are you saying you'd never patronize a startup company?

I doubt they'd sell direct, so you'd have a middleman or two taking the first risk.  Might cost a little more at first but I could see the prices going back to normal, or at least not unreasonable.

yeah. you're right. sorry. hesse/vulcan are in my home town...i'm skeptical about stuff sometimes...lol

WHAT? NO POLITICAL TALK IN HERE? man.....yer killin me stok.

there was an email for that co. wasnt there? you should be able to get into thier hosting site at the least with that info.......havent looked for it, so i havent tried to.

WHAT? NO POLITICAL TALK IN HERE? man.....yer killin me stok.

there was an email for that co. wasnt there? you should be able to get into thier hosting site at the least with that info.......havent looked for it, so i havent tried to.

Their email was through AOL. lol not sure if that would help.

ok so its beyond mid-march. any updated news yet?

also, i've been foaming for a 30'06. i tried the remingtons and they are just garbage.

was looking at going garand but they are pretty pricey.

would love to get my hands on a saiga in 30'06.

have they any news on the 270's and 06's?

also, how do ya'll think the ak design will hold up to the high pressures of the 30'06?

ya'll remember what happened to the remingtons when they went to the 270 and 30'06. the bolts chewed the receivers to pieces. they would have to beef up the entire receiver and all it's components.

For those of you wondering about the 8mm, I have only seen one and the dealer that owned it was not interested - not even remotely interested - in selling it. I've never seen any others.

I cannot remember the dealer, but I do remember that I saw it in his shop in Dallas, TX around 1994. It was a pre-89 Mitchell Arms Yugo M76 import in 8mm. Think of a standard Yugo AK with a RPK length/type front end, bipod, finned barrel and a '.308 looking' mag hanging out of it... that's what it looked like!

Edited by RDSWriter