The time has come for me to get myself a nice flashlight for everyday carry. I know a lot of you guys already carry lights daily, so I figured I'd ask about em here.

Here is what I am looking at right now: the Fenix LD01 or the Fenix LD20. The LD20 is much brighter than the LD01, but also bigger and more cumbersome to store in the pocket as well as a bit more expensive.

Opinions? Advice? I'm sure there are other great lights out there...anybody care to pitch another brand to me?

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I carry the Nitecore D10. Its got a unique method of operation. It has a piston drive instead of a clicky switch which makes it silent and more reliable. Check out the video on the website. I also like the extensive knurling. So far its been a great light.

Nitecore D10

Edited by DogMan

I usually carry several--primary being my Coast 77364 (MFR page here), because of its multiple light colors--I seldom use white-lights due to my sensitive eyes, but the red or green LEDs are enough for my illumination needs--the white LED array makes a great blinder if I need it, and it works very nicely for ensuring that bus- and cabdrivers see me in the dark. And, its size makes a dandy fistload too in a pinch.

Edited by Diamondback

I carry a Sears $14 dollar LED flashlight. Same size as a 2AA cell maglight, but unlike the LED 2AA cell maglight, it dosen't suck. It takes the abuse of banging around elevator pits and car tops as well as the occasional fall into the pit, and at $14 bucks when I do destroy one it ain't no catastrophe!

I have a surefire G2 with the 120(?) lumen bulb. Doing it all over, I'd go LED and brighter. I like the plastic coated body for a bunch of reasons. I like those magic plastics that don't react with anything, or conduct, etc. I don't feel that I have to cover a scratch with paint or it'll rust. Also, cheap.

That looks like just what I was looking for, shooter. Thanks!

I will be sure to check out the other suggestions as well.

No problem.

It's almost too much info there, at times. Lots of terms and whatnot, in the reviews that I have not a damn clue what the hell they're talking about. :lol:

While I will agree that Surefires are excellent lights - the cost may make them prohibitive to some. I have a few Surefires that I have had for years - I keep a G2 on my defense SAR1.

I want to suggest a company that I have bought many lights from over the past year and they have great service and offer very inexpensive lights - my biggest problem is losing the darn things. I will make the disclaimer that I fully support and suggest everyone "buy American" whenever possible. But check out

www.dealextreme.com

they are a China knockoff seller - sort of. The last light I purchased from them is a copy of the Nitecore, this one marked as a Romisen. Just no piston drive technology or any expensive add-ons, but very bright, great throw and for under $15 shipped.

Ive had a Fenix TA30 on my side (and my S12) for quite a while now and really like it!

I found a belt case on ebay that fit perfect and snaps into several positions

so you can use the light hands free if you want. But anyway the light is great,

and Ive dropped it on concrete several times with no problem. Also found a

great deal on the lithium batteries too.

Thanks for the responses, all. I ended up ordering a Fenix LD10, which is the LD20 link above that I mislabeled. Similar light, but more compact. I don't like that they are Chinese, but so far I have not heard one negative thing about Fenix. Should be here via Super Saver Shipping on the 11th! ^_^