Conversion complete and a question.

Hi everyone, I just finished up my conversion today and i had a question. I installed the JTE reduced power mainspring from CSS, and I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with lite primer strikes. I ask because i had 2 out of 40 shots were the primer was struck and indented but didnt fire. I was using some russian white box ammo that i picked up at cabelas a few weeks back, it was the first time ive tried this ammo. Any idea's?

P.S. Heres some pics of my conversion, it still needs to be refinished.

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

You may just be dealing with hard primers. Try this (with a) a spare firing pin. Refine the point a bit, and it should ignite everything.

Or just buy some good quality commercial ammo;)

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

I would try the stock mainspring before any grinding on your firing pin. I too have seen plenty of failures (even on this forum) using the reduced power mainsprings.

Oh, and nice conversion. How do you like that butt stock? I have the same one (unfolded) on my X39. Same PG too.

Edited by thehopping1

Was your Saiga broken or malfunctioning?

Why did you install an after market hammer spring?

+1

Why would you intentionally install an under-spec hammer spring? Were you solving a problem, treating a symptom, or just installing a different spring for the sake of installing something different?

I got it because I read the descreption and it sounded like something I'd like to use. Who wouldn't want all this.

Dramatically smoothes and improves bolt cycling, lightens trigger pull and decreases lock time of the fire control group.

I like the stock with the folder, has a little bit of wiggle in it when it is folded but locks up tight when extended out.

I had the same thing happen recently. No problems with brown bear but wolf mil classic would fail to fire about 1 of every four. Someone here told me they the wolf has hard primers.

I haven't had the chance to either go back to original spring or adjust the reduced spring. If i could adjust it without taking it out, i'd like to try that, but if I have to take it out i'll go to factory spring.

is the ammo you are using some of the military classic? the harder primers with the lighter spring are where the no-go happen. i believe there are some ways to tweak the JTE spring. your pin is probably fine as it was. you could also try the factory spring and see if it works to your liking. i think they are just fine factory. I also like your gun.

Since we are talking about that sexy pistol grip that we all have....did any of you have to mod the nut mine fit a little loose till i took i took it to the grinder. Buts its great now for 8 bucks i cant complain! just wondering.

PG Nut being too long is a common thing. Two easy solutions available - make a square shim - usually from the remnants of a Klinton plate, or use a reinforcement plate.