20" Saiga 7.62x39 - Where are they?

OK, so back in the day I decided to sell my 7.62x39 with a 16" barrel. It was a sale to a friend so I felt like I was helping the masses. Anyway, I decided to get another one but wanted one in a 20" barrel. I just can't seem to find one, except maybe on GB where they are over priced (typical). Ok, so besides there is no real difference in accuracy, and so people are buying the 16" barrels, what else maybe the cause? Also, does anyone know where you can get one, reasonably priced?

Thanks for any input. I've checked Gilberts, AOA, etc...

OK, so back in the day I decided to sell my 7.62x39 with a 16" barrel. It was a sale to a friend so I felt like I was helping the masses. Anyway, I decided to get another one but wanted one in a 20" barrel. I just can't seem to find one, except maybe on GB where they are over priced (typical). Ok, so besides there is no real difference in accuracy, and so people are buying the 16" barrels, what else maybe the cause? Also, does anyone know where you can get one, reasonably priced?

Thanks for any input. I've checked Gilberts, AOA, etc...

Maybe from me! Although my brother has first dibs, and will let me know whether he wants the gun after this weekend. I'm selling it to finance a different gun.

At first, I thought the extra length made the gun look goofy, but now it looks pretty wicked. Makes the gun appear a lot bigger than my other Saiga, although it is only longer.

i was in the market for the 20" version as well but got some advice and decided to stick to the 16" since its easily available and shorter and no differance in accuracy maybe a little bit. i still think a 20" version would look pretty badass but its only a little longer, you also have a better chance of getting a dimpled reciever

You could try this place:

armsofame

Scroll down the list to find 20" Saigas in both .223 and 7.62x39. Got this link from another poster in the .223 forum. Haven't done business here yet, but the prices look decent.

I've got a 20" x39 that I found in a gunshop. Paid too much for it, but it's a good gun. No more accurate than my 16 incher, though.

Bob

Edited by Wolverine
Link removed to comply with policy

check ohioguns.net on gunbroker. these guys are my local gun store and i just bought my first saiga 7.62 w/ 20"barrel from them last week.

the GB store doesnt show it but they have another used but unmolested 20" barrel 7.62 in the brick and mortar store (and 2 nice .308s). the contact info for said store is on the GB page. i would just post a link but i dont know if im allowed to yet, this is my first post.

No, I hear you guys on the accuracy and yes there really is no difference. For me it is the look I am after. I just like the longer barreled AKs. It's basically the theme to my AK collection.

Here is where I stand on my current collection:

1. Romanian AES10B

2. Yugo M72 RPK

3. Norinco NMH91

4. Romanian PSL

5. Maadi RPM

6. Saiga .223 - 20"

7. Saiga 308 - 20"

8. Polish Underfolder

9. VZ58

I think that is it.... glad my wife isn't a member on this board or I'd be :ded: LOL...................

555JM - talked with AOA already... that's where I got my .223...

Thanks for the input... so the quest continues...

check ohioguns.net on gunbroker. these guys are my local gun store and i just bought my first saiga 7.62 w/ 20"barrel from them last week.

the GB store doesnt show it but they have another used but unmolested 20" barrel 7.62 in the brick and mortar store (and 2 nice .308s). the contact info for said store is on the GB page. i would just post a link but i dont know if im allowed to yet, this is my first post.

Welcome aboard DA,

You gotta be from Eastern KY with that name ;-)

Cheers,

HarvKY

y

003.jpg

.....Sweet! I like the look of the pistol grip. How steady is the top rail set up like that?....

It seems pretty solid, I just slapped it together Saturday night so I havent had it to the range yet.

I still need to get a standard gas tube, and finish the lower HG retainer ( notice the safety wire.. ).

While I like the mount, I'm a little concerened with having to remove the stock screw every time I clean it. Time will tell how it holds up.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard DA,

Cheers,

HarvKY

thanks for the welcome harv! im a little farther north and west currently...

Welcome aboard DA,

Cheers,

HarvKY

thanks for the welcome harv! im a little farther north and west currently...

OK,

Being a hillbilly it immediately trigger thoughts of Hatfield v McCoys :killer:

Cheers

Harv

Edited by HarvKY

Sulphur, did you ever find yourself a 20" 7.62?

Some nice looking 20's Unka-boo & Blazed30. Here is my 223 20" I'll get better pics after I get it back from Tac-47

4192273966_eeebbf0f3b_o.jpg

No not yet. I just picked up a Romy RPK for $495.00 so I probably have to put that on the back burner, that is unless I can find a good deal I can't pass up.