Red Dot Optic - which would you recommend?

post-21696-1268372912892_thumb.jpg

I put a Bushnell TRS-25 on an Ultimak mount and absolutely love it on my 5.45. It's a clone of an Aimpoint optic that's about 3x the price. Held zero for well over 700 rounds now and it stands up to the recoil and most importantly the heat, it gets damn hot on that gas tube. Co-witnesses with the iron sights and it was only $125. I wouldn't go much lower in price for optics. There's cheaper, but you get what you pay for IMO. I wouldn't go for anything under $100 or so, at that point you risk buying airsoft products labeled as gun stuff....

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

After querying the forum a few months back I settled on the Bushnell Trophy RD 730131 for $66 shipped from OpticsPlanet. Bushnell has a LIFETIME warranty.. It says 6MOA dot but is smaller than that IMHO.

post-8775-12684325058602_thumb.jpg

Shown with extra tube (included) screwed on the end [not needed].

Other ones that came up were Millet $90 or so and even a Tru-Glo for $50.

Its what YOU want to spend and if you want a HALO or TUBE type.

Some cheaper HALO's are reported to have had the lense's fall out. 021.gif

StrikeFire seems to be getting decent reviews. I have never tried one.

I had an ATN that went south on me, it works, just lost one of the reticules and the adjustment screws stripped out.

I've had good luck with the Burris Fast Fire.

Of course, at the end of the day, I have to go with my Aimpoint micro on a Ultimak rail. It is the best setup going right now.

Really... does anyone even use the search engine anymore? Why do we even have that thing?? I really do not want to sound like a jerk, but I must have replied to the identical question at least 5 times on different posts!

Really... does anyone even use the search engine anymore? Why do we even have that thing?? I really do not want to sound like a jerk, but I must have replied to the identical question at least 5 times on different posts!

What are you new? The search engine sucks ass.

post-2098-12684663936564_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaneman153a

What are you new? The search engine sucks ass.

+1, it really does.

Yes I'm "new" I'm a 2010 dodge pick-up truck. ??????So again.... Why do we even have it???

Sorry for the "snappy retort" Bad day on my period. Just see same questions a lot and I was cranky.

Edited by RobRez

What's a Kobra run for?

I bought mine for a little over $180 from Tantal. I really wasn't happy with it. Big, clumsy, PITA to adjust brightness on the fly, PITA to turn on in a hurry. I would go for the Kobra that looks like the aimpoint, the one I mentioned earlier.

Shane

Preferably one that won't break the bank.

I know they are pricey, but you CANNOT beat an EOTech for the Money! I dont think there is another company out there that offers a product that has a 1000-1200 hour Battery life for continuous use AND an Auto Shutoff feature incase you forget! Red Dots comsume WAY too much Battery Juice IMO...go with a Holographic site and you will have it for the rest of your life!

I know they are pricey, but you CANNOT beat an EOTech for the Money! I dont think there is another company out there that offers a product that has a 1000-1200 hour Battery life for continuous use AND an Auto Shutoff feature incase you forget! Red Dots comsume WAY too much Battery Juice IMO...go with a Holographic site and you will have it for the rest of your life!

I think Aimpoints are rated at 80,000 hrs. I believe it, I've had mine for 5 years and left it on overnight, over a week, etc. There's also a spare battery in there.

Never did care for the Eotech, just don't like the reticle.

I think Aimpoints are rated at 80,000 hrs. I believe it, I've had mine for 5 years and left it on overnight, over a week, etc. There's also a spare battery in there.

Never did care for the Eotech, just don't like the reticle.

80,000 hours? are you serious?!? ive never heard of a battery lasting that long for something like this

80,000 hours? are you serious?!? ive never heard of a battery lasting that long for something like this

Actually, that's inaccurate, 10,000 for the M2, 50,000 for the M3, 80,000 for the M4.

But like I said, I've had that M2 for 5 years now and haven't killed the battery yet.

I know they are pricey, but you CANNOT beat an EOTech for the Money! I dont think there is another company out there that offers a product that has a 1000-1200 hour Battery life for continuous use AND an Auto Shutoff feature incase you forget!

Aimpoints don't need an auto shutoff feature.

:haha:

+1

post-4853-12688571024693_thumb.jpg post-4853-12688571173811_thumb.jpg

Aimpoints hold up even mounted on saiga 12s! Need I say more? Yes they are more money, but for me its worth saving up an extra hundo or so and not having to replace it later because it wont hold 0 or the mount keeps falling off. I have not had to adjust mine since I mounted it. I do not remove mine after its zeroed. The mount has a lot to do with why it stays in place and at 0. Im partial to larue mounts who claim you can take it on and off and retain 0.

I know they are pricey, but you CANNOT beat an EOTech for the Money! I dont think there is another company out there that offers a product that has a 1000-1200 hour Battery life for continuous use AND an Auto Shutoff feature incase you forget!

Aimpoints don't need an auto shutoff feature.

:haha:

On the contrary...why do you want to waste battery life when you don't have too?

On the contrary...why do you want to waste battery life when you don't have too?

I turn it off when I go to work (even though I don't have to). But the main reason I chose the Aimpoint over the Eotech in the first place was that I knew I could leave the Aimpoint on all night without worrying about battery life. So if the bad guys break in during the middle of the night, I just have to rack the bolt, and I'm in business.