Gunfun, wheres the trigger control man?

You mean my little brother with his plastic pop gun from the 99 cent store? Relax a little, it's a toy at a costume party.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another old thread revived! Still fun!  

Posted Images

This bad boy will beat the crap out of that firebird with the cartoon vomit all over it!!

Actually I agree 100%. The guy who built the car for the original owner told me the paint job cost in excess of $7K, House of Kolor etc. I'd have gone in a much different direction, flat black primer and put the money in the engine. But it would have cost me money to plow under the paint job and it did help the value of it when I sold it. Guy that bought it drove 5,000 miles (round trip) to pick it up. Go figger.

Funny how some things that seem very "Cool" or "Rad" at the time, fall out of fashion quickly. I know a fella in town who has his truck painted like that PLUS checkerboards AND flames!! Whoa-Nelly! It is really tough to look at.

Gunfun, wheres the trigger control man?

You mean my little brother with his plastic pop gun from the 99 cent store? Relax a little, it's a toy at a costume party.

It still displays lack of control when you have to finger fuck the trigger when you are not on a target. My kids have been taught not to do that and they don't even do it with their airsoft and paintball stuff.

Funny how some things that seem very "Cool" or "Rad" at the time, fall out of fashion quickly. I know a fella in town who has his truck painted like that PLUS checkerboards AND flames!! Whoa-Nelly! It is really tough to look at.

Yeah, for a car that will never be seen on the street the rules are different in that there are none. Some take advantage of that fact to be a gaudy as they want to be. Some are still pretty cool....

km.jpg

Being a "Body in White" car the Firebird never touched the street, never had a VIN. I'd never be caught dead in a PJ like that out in public.

(OK Squishy, let me have it on the tacky paint job)

Well at the risk of appearing to suck up and being too easy to get along with I'll say, I like it. In fact (and this is no shit), I've been thinking about doing something similar to my daily driver;

C1500.jpg

The paint looks pretty good in this photo but it was taken about 7 years ago and now it's wearing thin in some areas and the clear coat is even worse on the camper top. So I thought about going with something simpler like a dark gray or dark brown in suede. Out here in the burbs camo tends to make you stand out so I'd stick with a solid color, dark and flat. Sell these wheels and get some black ones of one sort or another. This truck is kind of long in the tooth but I think because of this I've bonded with it as I am too. But I like your paint job.

Here's my pony and my horse.

CJ top and sliders look really good on your YJ. I don't care what anyone says about YJs, I've always liked the square headlights/boxy look. TJ owner myself, but there are plenty of times I would like to have a YJ too. I like the exterior and the utilitarian interior. Just don't care for the leaf-sprung ride, even on some of the OME sprung YJs that are supposed to be smooth rides, it's still pretty bad IMO.

Edited by mancat

For the rice haters

97 civic hatch. 2.2L prelude engine swap. Rods, pistons, cams, valve springs and retainers, msd ignition, acr intake mani, pieced together turbo kit. Hondata computer management system, other supporting mods

360 wheel horsepower at 11psi 7800 rpm. Had the boost at 16-17 looking for 400 wheel hp but clutch started slipping. weighs in at 2090lbs.

rotaslipstreamsnotvisible.jpg

IMGP1253.jpg

enginepic.jpg

cluster.jpg

CJ top and sliders look really good on your YJ. I don't care what anyone says about YJs, I've always liked the square headlights/boxy look. TJ owner myself, but there are plenty of times I would like to have a YJ too. I like the exterior and the utilitarian interior. Just don't care for the leaf-sprung ride, even on some of the OME sprung YJs that are supposed to be smooth rides, it's still pretty bad IMO.

Yea,the leaf springs and manual steering leave it rather undesireable for many.I always liked the square headlights also. It's got the 2.5 that I beefed up, and lockers front and rear. When I pull the pins on the stabilizer bar in the front, this baby goes to hell and back. I had her for several years now, literally been through hell, and she never left me stranded. I eventually wanna drop a 4.0 or do an Isuzu diesel swap, put some Chevy axels on her with a beefy trans, and a lift with 36's.

Easy big guy, i'm not one of those Nazis, i was just breaking balls. Shoulda used an emoticon

its very nice...its my wife's daily driver cause I don't really trust her with the 300hp 300tq of the Evo cause she's a shitty driver lol

You sure that isn't because the Evo is a hundred times cooler and more fun?

Yea,the leaf springs and manual steering leave it rather undesireable for many.I always liked the square headlights also. It's got the 2.5 that I beefed up, and lockers front and rear. When I pull the pins on the stabilizer bar in the front, this baby goes to hell and back. I had her for several years now, literally been through hell, and she never left me stranded. I eventually wanna drop a 4.0 or do an Isuzu diesel swap, put some Chevy axels on her with a beefy trans, and a lift with 36's.

Here's my friend's YJ. He has a stroked 4.6 Cobra V8 swapped in it and full width military surplus CUCV axles. 42" tires.

021207_08382.jpg

For the rice haters

97 civic hatch. 2.2L prelude engine swap. Rods, pistons, cams, valve springs and retainers, msd ignition, acr intake mani, pieced together turbo kit. Hondata computer management system, other supporting mods

360 wheel horsepower at 11psi 7800 rpm. Had the boost at 16-17 looking for 400 wheel hp but clutch started slipping. weighs in at 2090lbs.

Wow... that takes me back a bit. I had a jdm h swap in my ej2 waaaaaaaay back in the day. Squirted it with a 75 shot and ran 12s (amongst other mods too of course).

He got a steal on the axles. Military surplus one ton axles with disc brakes all around, brand new, wrapped in plastic, on a pallet. The thing is a beast and fast! He beat a SRT4 Neon in a 1/4 mile with it.

• Like 1