Very handsom animal he was. Sorry to hear of your loss. We have a black Lab mix that looks somewhat like him and a Boston Terrier along with four cats. We lost a mutt and a Cocker Spaniel a few years back and it's a hard thing to go through. I'm sure he was an important part of your family as mine are in my family...

nyclu3

Hello, chupa

He was a handsome fellow. 11 is a senior citizen for a large dogger like Lugar.

You should be proud, no doubt he had the kind of life many dogs only dream about.

He will always live in your heart, and you in his.

I bet he's wondering when you're bringing the shotgun to the Happy Hunting Ground!

-guido

With every friend we have come through our lives, we become a better friend to the next one. I have had many furry friends that I have held at birth and at the last breath. It is never easy, and it shouldn't be. I usually share a bottle and a shovel with a good pal. We are fortunate to have a place where our friends can rest in peace at home.

Remember all of the love and pass it on to another lil' buddy.

My condolences.

It's truly unfortunate that a friend so dear, has a lifespan just a fraction of ours.

He'll be missed I'm certain. Very beautiful little guy. I'm sure he'll leave quite a void.

Although you'll never be able to replace him, I'm sure a little pup out there really would love to help you through it.

heidigirlblueeyes.gif

God bless.

Paul

A Eulogy To A Dog

Faithful Friend

"The best friend man has in the world may turn against him and become his worst enemy. His son, or his daughter, that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and good name may become traitors to their faith. The money a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only to be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune dries his master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege that that of accompanying him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when that last scene comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there, by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful, and true, even in death."

Edited by Paulyski

I know the feeling and our prayers are with you....

Our house had been dogless for a year and a half.... it no longer feels like a "Home"......

That Dog got to spend every day with YOU!!! It's obvious he was loved....

A critter that exemplifies loyalty could not ask for more!.....