The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

Cabela's is having an ammo sale coupled with $20 off on orders of $150 or more.

So there are a couple of options here.

You can get 36 boxes of Herter's 122gr FMj ammo which is all ready on sale for $4.19/box. So that's $150.84 - $20.00 rebate = $130.84. That's 18.2 cents a round before shipping and/or tax.

You can also do a 640 round tin of 122gr Hollow Point Wolf for $169.99 - $20.00 rebate = $149.99. That's 23.4 cents a round before shipping and/or tax.

They're also selling Wolf in their own dry boxes, but you need to buy 1000 rounds for the rebate to apply.

Go here to get your own $20.00 rebate: http://information.cabelas.com/cabelasrebates/?promo=9RD188&cmCat=productbnr

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis
  • Like 1
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Yeah the Herter's was pretty cheap plus the $5 shipping over $100 and now $20 off over $150 but I was getting charged tax so military shooters had the best deal. they need to open a freakin Cabelas in Houston.

Edited by mface
  • Like 1

27 cents a round is pretty steep right now, to me. I think the only way to go is to buy in bulk and get sub 25 cents, with shipping. Or go to a gun show and get it a few cents less than that.

Heh be careful I haven't seen a real bargain at a gun show in a long time. You save shipping but in many states the taxes eat up even that. I go for the odd stuff you never even know is going to be there like books on light infantry 4GW tactics written by THE authority on the subject in very limited release, a case of the GOOD MREs, or that random guy that needs to sells a great relic firearm fast. The gawk factor is the biggest attraction. Best thing to do is just save up the bucks and buy a wooden crate of yugo, yeah it takes some self discipline but saving a dime a round isn't chump change. Sometimes though you get to meet people that turn out to be good friends down the road so worth a few bucks.

• Like 1

Is the Herter's any good? Some of the reviews did not look that good.

The Herters 122gr FMJ in 7.62 x 39 is Uly and is not a problem. I have put over 1000 rounds through my Saiga with only one misfire. The primer did not ignite the powder

• Like 1
Heh be careful I haven't seen a real bargain at a gun show in a long time. You save shipping but in many states the taxes eat up even that.

I never pay taxes on gun show purchases. I make them a cash offer, bottom line. If they take it fine, if not I walk. The last two times I have bought I offered less then they were asking, total out the door, and they took it. The ammo at this show had a price on it, and I asked him if he would take that cash out the door and he said yes. If he was going to charge me tax I would have had no interest. I can order online and pay no tax and get a deal somewhere on shipping. You just have to bargain. Best to buy near the end of the show when they are ready to sell.

• Like 1
Heh be careful I haven't seen a real bargain at a gun show in a long time. You save shipping but in many states the taxes eat up even that.

I never pay taxes on gun show purchases. I make them a cash offer, bottom line. If they take it fine, if not I walk. The last two times I have bought I offered less then they were asking, total out the door, and they took it. The ammo at this show had a price on it, and I asked him if he would take that cash out the door and he said yes. If he was going to charge me tax I would have had no interest. I can order online and pay no tax and get a deal somewhere on shipping. You just have to bargain. Best to buy near the end of the show when they are ready to sell.

If you can get away with good for you but they watch these guys so close that tax is going to paid here. Negotiation is always the ticket but even Ive not happened on much I couldn't get cheaper on the net.

• Like 1

I got a ad from cabellas today, if I spend $500, they will give me a $150 cash card, and then I can spend that on ammo to, I figured it all out, and I can get 3160 rds of uly for less than .16 per round. Now if I can get off of work tomorrow or sunday...

• Like 2

YUGO PRICE BLITZ!!!

Atlantic: 1120 round crate on stripper clips $249 Shipped!!! Forum sponsor!

JG Sales: 1260 round case $239 (2 or more $229)!!!

Copes: 1260 round crate is $226.80 (Tell them BigSal Sent you)!!! *BEST DEAL*

Centerfire Systems: 1260 round crate $249 (Thumbs Down for bad pricing)

And Now some MUSIC!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3jHvvn-vFQ&feature=related

• Like 1

I like to watch Gunbrokers for small lots of ammo that the sellers list with no reserve. I just scored 240 rounds Wolf BB for $53 shipped, that's 22 cents per round. Once I scored 260 rounds .223 Fiochi for $32.

Haha, I saw 5000 rounds of Tula 308 for about $2300...

• Like 2

YUGO PRICE BLITZ!!!

i know atlantic and CFS both include shipping in that amount, while J&G will charge a lot for shipping to me, not sure about Copes though. So why do you think CFS has a bad price?

• Like 1

YUGO PRICE BLITZ!!!

i know atlantic and CFS both include shipping in that amount, while J&G will charge a lot for shipping to me, not sure about Copes though. So why do you think CFS has a bad price?

CFS isn't doing free shipping on ammo right now as I understand

mav:> is that deal on their website>>>>?????

No, they still have the $3.79 Uly in store, but not on site, and they sent me a deal, if I spent $500, they would give me a $150 gift card, I spent it all on ammo.

• Like 2

No, they still have the $3.79 Uly in store, but not on site, and they sent me a deal, if I spent $500, they would give me a $150 gift card, I spent it all on ammo.

lucky duck!

I'd really like to know why they're withholding them from the website. I haven't been finding any other true deals on the net or locally. I want the $3.79 back, and it's not worth it for me to drive up to Buda, TX to go to the Cabela's there. After factoring in the cost of gas to get to and from there, I'd be better off buying the $8 boxes of 20 here locally...

• Like 1

I'd really like to know why they're withholding them from the website. I haven't been finding any other true deals on the net or locally. I want the $3.79 back, and it's not worth it for me to drive up to Buda, TX to go to the Cabela's there. After factoring in the cost of gas to get to and from there, I'd be better off buying the $8 boxes of 20 here locally...

Heh, there's a Cabela's ~65 miles from my house. Maybe I'll call em and see if they've got that $3.79 Uly in stock.

• Like 1

Heh, there's a Cabela's ~65 miles from my house. Maybe I'll call em and see if they've got that $3.79 Uly in stock.

And give it all to me? You're most favorite person ever? :wub:

We really need a hypnotizing smiley or something.

• Like 1

Well I just returned from Cabellas, with 3,220 rounds of Uly, total money spent: $500.52 That comes out to 15.5 cents per round.

Thats awesome. I wish I would have had more last week when I was there. I only picked a few boxes up. I am glad I was able to order when it was still on their website.

• Like 1

They probably divided it up when they received it. The main distribution center would have shipped orders to all stores, then the rest went to the net. They had several things there that are not on the website or in the catalog.

• Like 1

CFS isn't doing free shipping on ammo right now as I understand

their newspaper I got in the mail yesterday has it listed as 1260 rnd case 249$ and 1000 rnds for 199$ shipped.

NICE! they just got less Suck! :super:

They probably divided it up when they received it. The main distribution center would have shipped orders to all stores, then the rest went to the net. They had several things there that are not on the website or in the catalog.

I just don't understand why they'd take someone off that was on there before and was selling great. If they are out, they'd usually put the usual "This product is on back-order" message. =[

On a good note, I picked up lots of boxes of Hornady Performance ammo and Federal ammo (valued at anywhere from $33-45 for a box of 20) for $20 each. I don't think they people knew just quite what ammo they were selling. Bought lots of Winchester Silvertips in 308 which is regularly $34, saw some selling it at the show for even $40, for just $20. What nice is they're local, so I can order match grade ammo from them for cheap! They said they could order us some 300 win mag silvertips, $54 on amazon, and we'd only pay $20. I dunno how they make money, but damn.

• Like 1