No it was just a aimbot match with the super jumping I guess but the second match was a challenge match where he got all the emblems and titles unlocked as well as all attachments for the weapons and all weapons unlocked also and it leveled him up to level 70 of the first prestige. He has the 10th prestige gold coin with the skull that spins though as well as the nine lives he got all that stuff but it didn't make him 10th prestige it shows 1 prestige level 70 when in actuality he was a level 42. The game play was normal for the challenge match though. I did get back on tonight and play Bo's and it seemed better than the last week has been but the frame rate is still definitely not good, but the lagging wasn't too bad. I even had a 17.00 KDR my last game.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

Anyone else having problems hearing people with mics? On more than one occasion, I'd hear one of you guys talking to another, and could only hear one side of the convo.

Like I'd hear Superhawk talking to Duke, then I'd just hear Superhawk talking. But it was obvious that Duke was still talking/replying, by listening to what Superhawk said. Or last night, Duke, when you were talking to the other guy in the party. It was only us 3, and all I could hear is you talking after awhile. I couldn't hear him anymore, eventhough I could tell he was still talking, by what you were saying. Not sure what's up with that. It seems to happen with Superhawk's buddy a lot, too. I'll hear him, then it will all of sudden be quieter, then I won't hear him at all anymore. Weird.

Anyone else having problems hearing people with mics? On more than one occasion, I'd hear one of you guys talking to another, and could only hear one side of the convo.

Like I'd hear Superhawk talking to Duke, then I'd just hear Superhawk talking. But it was obvious that Duke was still talking/replying, by listening to what Superhawk said. Or last night, Duke, when you were talking to the other guy in the party. It was only us 3, and all I could hear is you talking after awhile. I couldn't hear him anymore, eventhough I could tell he was still talking, by what you were saying. Not sure what's up with that. It seems to happen with Superhawk's buddy a lot, too. I'll hear him, then it will all of sudden be quieter, then I won't hear him at all anymore. Weird.

Yeah the mics cut in and out quite frequently, though it does seem to be Cade (bmxer2520) most of the time. He also gets booted from matches the most but I think it has to do with his internet as Superhawk and Cade have said he has a not so good ISP and his NAT is strict almost all the time. For some reason when I get invited by my son to join matches I usually end up with bad lag compensation,which has been explained as game play looking normal until you see the kill cam. I.e. when you see someone and either shoot at them with no effect and they end up killing you or you see some one and run behind cover only to get killed anyway and in both instances on the Kill Cam it shows that you never fired or you didn't make it behind cover before you got killed. I think it has to do with the fact that his connection is always around 88-92% and mine is always 100% because I'm closer to the router. I definitely notice the difference though. I think I might have seen a real lag switch yesterday as I was playing on Firing range I had a guy in my sights about 15-20 feet in front of me I pulled up to fire then wham host migration for about 5-10 seconds then it came back but the dude was then behind me and knifed me but not instantly it was like he waited for me to turn around as when I came back into play and he was gone I was like where the crap did he go? So I turned and then he knifed me.

Yeah the mics cut in and out quite frequently, though it does seem to be Cade (bmxer2520) most of the time. He also gets booted from matches the most but I think it has to do with his internet as Superhawk and Cade have said he has a not so good ISP and his NAT is strict almost all the time. For some reason when I get invited by my son to join matches I usually end up with bad lag compensation,which has been explained as game play looking normal until you see the kill cam. I.e. when you see someone and either shoot at them with no effect and they end up killing you or you see some one and run behind cover only to get killed anyway and in both instances on the Kill Cam it shows that you never fired or you didn't make it behind cover before you got killed. I think it has to do with the fact that his connection is always around 88-92% and mine is always 100% because I'm closer to the router. I definitely notice the difference though. I think I might have seen a real lag switch yesterday as I was playing on Firing range I had a guy in my sights about 15-20 feet in front of me I pulled up to fire then wham host migration for about 5-10 seconds then it came back but the dude was then behind me and knifed me but not instantly it was like he waited for me to turn around as when I came back into play and he was gone I was like where the crap did he go? So I turned and then he knifed me.

OK, so it's not just me, with hearing the mics cut in and out. I thought it was something on my end.

I finally had the FAL jam up on me, from firing it too fast. I'm not usually that quick with the semi's, but I was just messing around and started tapping the shit out of the R1 button (not even aiming, because I was holding the controller weird, in order to be able to tap it so fast, lol) and it jammed up.

You guys like the FAL or M14 better? It seems like the M14 doesn't jump as much when you get firing quick (with the grip, anyway). I'm not great with them, but they're fun to mess around with and getting a kill is more satisfying with a semi.

I like the FAL better but Superhawk likes the M14 better his buddy Cade tried the M14 then the FAL and he said he likes the FAL better also. I think for me anyway the FAL stays on target better and it's not as long and it has better stopping power if you go by the ratings on the game it is 8 out of 10 on everything. I have much better luck with it myself and I have used both quite a bit. I do put the grip on the M14 also but it still seems to me to have more recoil than the FAL and it seems to take just a bit longer to ADS with it. The mics cutting in and out are not the only problem we have with them we get terrible echos sometimes then after awhile it usually clears up. We were having all kinds of issues all day again with connection interruption and host migrations and lag compensation was terrible the later it got. Yeah I love it when I come up against the AK74U in this game and get the kill with the FAL heck any kill with the semi auto is nice but especially against the AK74U. I also like it when I take out a sniper from along distance with it as it fires faster and stays on target better.

Edited by theDuke

I don't know what happened earlier. As soon as you tried putting us all into a lobby, it booted me from the party. Then I couldn't even join from your guys' invites.

Party problems are supposed to be one of the things that's addressed in the 1.06 patch. I have no idea when it's coming out, though.

You guys got to watch this video it's pretty funny yet right on the mark for BO's.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JiU8I4_fPA&feature=player_detailpage

LOL that was awesome. I noticed some of the mic issues the last couple of days playing with theDuke. I could hear him and his son and a couple of the other guys, but not everyone was showing up as having a mic connected.

The mic symbol showing up was supposed to have been resolved on the last patch but sometimes I notice mine doesn't always appear. It has something to do with using a USB mic like myself and bmxer2520 use. We both use the turtle beach gaming headset. Another thing is the NAT type. Bmxer2520 for example always has a NAT 3 which states may have trouble with connectivity or matchmaking in the game but I have noticed it say one or more people have a strict or moderate NAT type even when he isn't playing. NAT should be set to OPEN if connected directly to the modem or 2 if connected through a router. TYPE 3 usually means the router needs to be reconfigured or ports opened.

I'm thinking about getting a different headphone setup as I get tired of having mine die as we're playing. I was looking at the Turtle Beach set's so do you recommend them or not? It would have to have at least a 10' cord though as I'm about that far from the TV. I see the model for $59.95 one for $79.95 and one for $149.95 which is 7.1 dolby surround sound. Any ideas for me on these or maybe different ones? Yeah JJ that video is pretty funny but nails the game fairly well i think.

new black ops map pack comin feb 1st. called "First Strike"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEB0H90lt_M

The maps look pretty cool, and I like how they put in some stuff that has never been in any other CoD; being able to explode a bridge, auto-turrets and ziplines.

Kinda weird to put out a map pack when they haven't even really addressed more important issues, though. Kinda like Pro-Mag putting out the S12 drum mags, when they still have shitty S12 stick mags on the market :lolol: . Doubt I'll be buying the map pack right away, but I'll sure as hell be taking advantage of the double-XP that usually comes out when map packs are released.

I'm thinking about getting a different headphone setup as I get tired of having mine die as we're playing. I was looking at the Turtle Beach set's so do you recommend them or not? It would have to have at least a 10' cord though as I'm about that far from the TV. I see the model for $59.95 one for $79.95 and one for $149.95 which is 7.1 dolby surround sound. Any ideas for me on these or maybe different ones? Yeah JJ that video is pretty funny but nails the game fairly well i think.

The ones I used to have are the Turtle Beach P21's. They should be the $60 model you looked at. I had to send them back, because they crapped out, but I'm fairly sure I just got a lemon. As I haven't been able to find any real negative reviews on them. Those are the same ones that my buddy has. I loved them when I had 'em, though. They have like a 16' cord, I think. More than long enough for you.

Even though they crapped out, like I said, I'm confident that it was a rare occurrence, and I'd buy them again. Besides, I just can't personally justify more than $60 for a headset/mic. I know some people pay like $200 for them, but that's way too pricey for me.

quote:"The ones I used to have are the Turtle Beach P21's." Those are the same ones Superhawk and Cade use so I might go to best buy and see if they have them. They should be around $79.95 as that's what their own website shows them at. Had some terrible lag compensation last night but after we left that lobby it got better I think it's just connection issues but the guy who was wiping the floor with me had an average KDR around 5 something IIRC so not sure what was really going on was he somehow cheating or just bad lag compensation. FRom what I've been reading and I need to so I can try and understand how it all works, is that you can have four full green bars showing for your connection but you can still be lagging behind your opponent up to almost 2 seconds. That explains why you can dump a whole extended mag into someone and not kill them also how you can run behind cover but still got shot with the KC showing you still out in the open. Weird stuff I know but it's pretty interesting to find out this stuff. I have openly admitted that I'm computer illiterate and not that good of a player but when I come around a corner and there's aguy shooting at one of my team mates and I open fire on him and dump said whole extended mag into him only to have him turn around and hit me with 2-3 rounds and kill me I know something is not right so it helps me to find out that maybe the reason I got killed was due to lag compensation and not just that fact that I suck terribly at this game. It has helped me deal with it better but I wish they'd get it straightened out soon as it really makes it less enjoyable.

I love my head set I have a tritton ax 720 bout 100$ my wife got them for me

Thanks bigcec1 but i just went and bought the PX21's. I'll keep the ones you posted in mind though as my kid will probably take over my new set and I have to see how I like them anyway. Does your set plug into the PS3 or into your surround sound system? I know you were telling me one night when we were playing but remeber I'm an old guy and have halfheimers ( you know when you can't remember half the stuff you've done or said or heard according to my wife ) :haha: . Gunfanatic do you drop "F" bombs quite frequently when playing? Reason I ask is I am a Christian and don't really like hearing alot of the vulgar language. I'm not a prude and I'm not self righteous just ask the guys i do play with but if I hear "F" bombs too often I just mute the offender. The guys here that I do play with are all cool about it and we have a very good time. I'm just mentioning this fact as I can still add you but if the language becomes offensive I'll end up hitting mute. I am in no way trying to offend you just give fair warning. Jbanda1213 I don't usually play Zombies but Superhawk and his buddy Bmxer2520 play it quite a bit I have joined them but feel real bad about it as they constantly have to revive me I just don't do to well playing Zombies though it's fun for awhile like gunfanatic said though it gets boring to me quite fast. See some o' you later online I gots to check out my new phonz

Thanks bigcec1 but i just went and bought the PX21's. I'll keep the ones you posted in mind though as my kid will probably take over my new set and I have to see how I like them anyway. Does your set plug into the PS3 or into your surround sound system? I know you were telling me one night when we were playing but remeber I'm an old guy and have halfheimers ( you know when you can't remember half the stuff you've done or said or heard according to my wife ) :haha: . Gunfanatic do you drop "F" bombs quite frequently when playing? Reason I ask is I am a Christian and don't really like hearing alot of the vulgar language. I'm not a prude and I'm not self righteous just ask the guys i do play with but if I hear "F" bombs too often I just mute the offender. The guys here that I do play with are all cool about it and we have a very good time. I'm just mentioning this fact as I can still add you but if the language becomes offensive I'll end up hitting mute. I am in no way trying to offend you just give fair warning. Jbanda1213 I don't usually play Zombies but Superhawk and his buddy Bmxer2520 play it quite a bit I have joined them but feel real bad about it as they constantly have to revive me I just don't do to well playing Zombies though it's fun for awhile like gunfanatic said though it gets boring to me quite fast. See some o' you later online I gots to check out my new phonz

I'm pretty happy with my PX-21's they have good full sound and the mic works pretty good. My only complaint is the expander button. It seems to be as useful as wet toilet paper

Speaking of muting people.......Luckily I didn't have that guy muted, who said that I didn't move for that whole CTF match on Summit! :lolol: Just like you said, how could I not have moved, yet still have 2 caps? People are funny. Don't get me wrong, I love to play defense and guard our flag after I already have my 15 caps. But defense is half the point of CTF. I love how people get mad when you don't just let them take your flag :rolleyes: .

(Maybe it's a good thing I don't have a mic. I tend to cuss like a sailor, lol. I blame it on being a cook for 5+ years. Cooks/chefs are seriously screwed in the head, and it apparently rubbed off on me during those years :lolol: )

Time for some more claymore shenanigans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXKF4w4eHCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XY9GTmdPAI

:lol:

That's pretty funny Dan, bet they didn't like you too much afterwards. Nah Dan if you had a mike and you got too bad I'd just hit mute. I can handle some "F" bombs as I am a grown man and did my fair share of it through the years but since having kids and new found faith I try real hard to not use it or listen to it. It's just when guys drop it every other word that it really bothers me. Like I said all the guys I seem to play with that have mics are real cool about it I may hear it occasionally from them but not too often and most of the time not at all. You do need a mic though so we can all talk strategy or just joke around as we seem to do quite alot. I have really enjoyed playing these games with all you guys. Since I lost my job due to my back injury and the nerve damage it caused I don't have much else to do honestly. I think the manipulating of all the buttons on the controller is actually some good therapy for my hands. I was discharged from the Army back in 1981 with a damaged right knee that required extensive surgery but went to work as soon as I could then in 1991 found out I had crohns disease and had to endure almost a full year of being very sick which resulted in another operation. Then in 1996 I got my right middle finger and ring finger caught in a machine at work and had to have my fingers re-attached, and I went back to work one day after they did the operation, then in 2000 another stomach operation, and in 2004 had a torn rotator cuff and an AC seperation (collar bone ripped loose from the shoulder) still worked until I broke my spine in 2 places and they found 6 bulged disc that I didn't know I had but that was the last straw so to speak as it caused permanent nerve damage to my left leg and foot and both my arms and hands as well. The docs said I was real lucky to be not paralyzed so with all these issues they won't let me go back to work so playing theses games with you guys gives me something to do and the comraderie with you guys is appreciated.

Forgot to add that I did get the Turtle Beach PX21 headphones and so far I like them alot. I could hear guys swapping mags from quite a distance and hear grenade pins being pulled and the foot steps were kind of confusing hearing them from all directions. Heck I even heard a wolf howl on the Array map when I went up by the transformers at the top of that hill. I heard flies buzzing around the garbage dumpster on Havana also. So now I have equipped one class with Ninja to silence my own feet and see if it helps at all.

See I have played too much Multiplayer that zombies is something new. I hate getting up into the 20s then dying and having to start all over again but it is fun upgrading weapons and mowing down undead.

SuperHawk I am from Gwinnett

Yall are all mostly PS3 right?

That's pretty funny Dan, bet they didn't like you too much afterwards. Nah Dan if you had a mike and you got too bad I'd just hit mute. I can handle some "F" bombs as I am a grown man and did my fair share of it through the years but since having kids and new found faith I try real hard to not use it or listen to it. It's just when guys drop it every other word that it really bothers me. Like I said all the guys I seem to play with that have mics are real cool about it I may hear it occasionally from them but not too often and most of the time not at all. You do need a mic though so we can all talk strategy or just joke around as we seem to do quite alot. I have really enjoyed playing these games with all you guys. Since I lost my job due to my back injury and the nerve damage it caused I don't have much else to do honestly. I think the manipulating of all the buttons on the controller is actually some good therapy for my hands. I was discharged from the Army back in 1981 with a damaged right knee that required extensive surgery but went to work as soon as I could then in 1991 found out I had crohns disease and had to endure almost a full year of being very sick which resulted in another operation. Then in 1996 I got my right middle finger and ring finger caught in a machine at work and had to have my fingers re-attached, and I went back to work one day after they did the operation, then in 2000 another stomach operation, and in 2004 had a torn rotator cuff and an AC seperation (collar bone ripped loose from the shoulder) still worked until I broke my spine in 2 places and they found 6 bulged disc that I didn't know I had but that was the last straw so to speak as it caused permanent nerve damage to my left leg and foot and both my arms and hands as well. The docs said I was real lucky to be not paralyzed so with all these issues they won't let me go back to work so playing theses games with you guys gives me something to do and the comraderie with you guys is appreciated.

I was just kidding, bro. I do swear a lot around friends, but can keep it toned down when need be.

Speaking of being able to hear things a lot better with a headset......I remember when I still had the P21's, and I'd play S&D in MW2. It came in handy to be able to hear enemy footsteps so clearly (I'd always be using Ninja Pro, so I was silent), when it got down to 1-v-1.

Yeah bigcec, even without a headset, sometimes I'll be running and it will sound like someone is running behind me (and no teammates near me), and I'll flip around thinking an enemy is coming up. But it's just my footsteps sounding all weird, lol.

I own the PX21s from Turtle Beach. They work great, but for some reason (I don't think it's the mic) my buddy's can't hear me when I talk. Shooter, is that your handle (Kalashnikov Junky)? I believe you were whole heartedly whooping my ass the other night. I need to work on my video game skills! LOL!

P.S. Yes, I was the one with the M60 running around shooting like crazy if that really was you.

yeah shooter is that junky as far as the mic make shure it's not on mute and also if it's pa3 make shure the audio and mic is set to USB under your settings some times mine goes back to Bluetooth If I leave them on mute to long

I own the PX21s from Turtle Beach. They work great, but for some reason (I don't think it's the mic) my buddy's can't hear me when I talk. Shooter, is that your handle (Kalashnikov Junky)? I believe you were whole heartedly whooping my ass the other night. I need to work on my video game skills! LOL!

P.S. Yes, I was the one with the M60 running around shooting like crazy if that really was you.

Yeah, my ID is "KalashnikovJunky". We were in lobby together?? When we were all playing together from here or something, or did we randomly end up in a lobby together? What's your PSN ID?

Yeah, my ID is "KalashnikovJunky". We were in lobby together?? When we were all playing together from here or something, or did we randomly end up in a lobby together? What's your PSN ID?

PM inbound.

Randomly. I thought to myself "man, this Fing asshole with the AK is TEARING MY ASS UP!" then at the end of the game it said KalashnikovJunky and it all came together.....HA!

I think you were on my side when I whipped out the M60. I usually only use it if I'm working with someone else when playing domination or demolition, tends to keep the other teams heads down for awhile.