Finally had time to get on and play last night. After the update, it kinda seemed like I was moving faster, but still had some issues with being able to join parties, and game invites. But for the most part, kinda seemed like they fixed some of the issues.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

Where do i find this PS3 update? I had the 1.06 version download but didn't see anything about a PS3 update. Like I said maybe it was just me sucking i up real bad but I was averaging around .91 kdr when i have been around 1.04 for quite some time. You all know I never claimed to be real good at these games but I like to think I can hold my own most of the time but I had one particular death where I flashbanged a guy and he had a spas12 he was shooting the ground and got a kill on me with one shot I mean c'mon his barrel was pointing at the ground and he was blinded and still killed me with one shot. I know if you hit L1 most of the time when you're blinded you stand a good chance of being the killer instead of the killee but his freaking shotgun was pointing at the ground off to his right side I came in from the left. I checked my connection speed and ping and my download speed was 7.58 megabits/s and the upload was 2.75 megabits/s with a ping of 100 ms and this was to a server 657 miles away. Maybe I should get a CAT6 ethernet cable and hook it directly to my cable modem I just didn't want to have a 25' cable running through my room.

if your ps3 does not pick up on auto update turn on your ps3 and go all the way to your left on your options and next to your Id should be settings the first thing Under it should be system update. as for your wired compared to wireless not a whole lot of difference for me but does depend on your modem and router

Where do i find this PS3 update? I had the 1.06 version download but didn't see anything about a PS3 update. Like I said maybe it was just me sucking i up real bad but I was averaging around .91 kdr when i have been around 1.04 for quite some time. You all know I never claimed to be real good at these games but I like to think I can hold my own most of the time but I had one particular death where I flashbanged a guy and he had a spas12 he was shooting the ground and got a kill on me with one shot I mean c'mon his barrel was pointing at the ground and he was blinded and still killed me with one shot. I know if you hit L1 most of the time when you're blinded you stand a good chance of being the killer instead of the killee but his freaking shotgun was pointing at the ground off to his right side I came in from the left. I checked my connection speed and ping and my download speed was 7.58 megabits/s and the upload was 2.75 megabits/s with a ping of 100 ms and this was to a server 657 miles away. Maybe I should get a CAT6 ethernet cable and hook it directly to my cable modem I just didn't want to have a 25' cable running through my room.

If you had the update set to auto, it should have DL'ed the PSN update as soon as you tried to sign in. Otherwise, like everyone else said, you might have to manually do it from the settings. While in you're in there, check it off to manually update.

I've noticed the overly dramatic character animation that shows when you stun/flash someone. When you're looking at them after you flash/stun them, their character drops his gun downward and shields his eyes, when in reality, they're most likely still looking straight forward, so they can still kill you. I think they should just take that character animation out, since it's so misleading. I almost always run the stun grenade and I'll stun someone, see them appear to have their gun pointed down, and then see on the kill-cam that they were ADS'ed right at me the whole time. The guy who killed you probably just sprayed when you hit with the flash and was blinded. That's what I do if I get flashed and someone is near by, I'll just start spraying and sometimes get the kill.

Maybe it's your ping that's causing problems. From what I've read, the ping is more important than actual download/upload speeds. Mines usually at like 50 or so, which is decent from what I can tell. When it comes to ping, the lower the better. So 100 is pretty high and might be why you're having lag problems, I'm not sure.

Any of you computer savvy guys know how to lower my ping? Remember I'm the old guy and need as much help as I can get. I used to have around 20-40ms but every time I do a test lately it's at least 100 and has gone up to 174ms. I did have some bad games tonight but had more than a few really good games also. Had a blast with you guys tonight it was real funny when I told Cade to equip his Flak jacket and tube class then those buttwipes lit out fast. Then hearing Superhawks wife reaming him one and I said " now there's a Southern Belle for ya" and then he ratted me out and then Cade called her a redneck that was some funny stuff right there I don't care who you are.

Any of you computer savvy guys know how to lower my ping? Remember I'm the old guy and need as much help as I can get. I used to have around 20-40ms but every time I do a test lately it's at least 100 and has gone up to 174ms. I did have some bad games tonight but had more than a few really good games also. Had a blast with you guys tonight it was real funny when I told Cade to equip his Flak jacket and tube class then those buttwipes lit out fast. Then hearing Superhawks wife reaming him one and I said " now there's a Southern Belle for ya" and then he ratted me out and then Cade called her a redneck that was some funny stuff right there I don't care who you are.

No idea how to help you on the ping issue, bro, sorry..............but I did LOL at the incident with Superhawk's wife :lolol: . I thought that was Superhawk who said "Now there's a Southern Belle for ya". :lolol:

My router is pretty clogged also. I have 2 PCs and the PS3 hooked up with the Ethernet cable. Then there are 3 iPhones, another PS3 and two laptops. That are pretty much on everytime I get on the game.

Jeez! Now that would be complete technology overload for me.... :cryss:

how many things do you have running off that router ? the more stuff you have on it the worse it's Gona be like If some ones on the comp and you one the ps3 would be making it worse

The PC is wired to the modem, but my wifes laptop is wireless as is my daughters Nintendo DSI, and her IPOD, and the PS3. Maybe I should call my ISP and ask why my ping is now so much longer than it was before. I also think someone maybe trying to access my router here in the neighborhood as my PC keeps detecting a new Xbox and asks if I want to grant access. I of course hit No.

This is what my system checks in at. Is it good or could use improvement.

post-6703-0-89658800-1296241916_thumb.jpg

Damn, 20MB down?? Mines only like 7 :lolol: . Everything looks good to go, IMO. But like I said, ping supposedly plays a more important role in online gaming, as opposed to up/down speeds.

Run this test: http://www.speedtest.net/

My up/down is actually pretty crappy, but my ping is great:

1132006601.png

OK, OK, OK.....my ping isn't "great". :lolol:

Nice overall connection you got! Unfortunately, the complex I live in has an exclusivity contract with the local cable/internet provider ('cause they put the lines in the buildings or something), so I'm forced to go with their less-than-stellar speeds. :cryss:

EDIT: But I still can't really complain. Back when I first started playing COD4 with you, Superhawk, I was on DSL. I remember downloading the first map pack for MW2.......and it literally took like 4 hours. :ded:

Edited by -Shooter-

My ping varies greatly for some reason sometimes I am around 70-80 ms but I have seen it go as high as 242 ms in a recent test. I used to be around 20-40 ms consistently but that was before the laptop, the WII,the IPOd,the Nintendo DSI, and adding a second PS3 and my kids phones. I think a call to the ISP is called for to optimize my gaming as since the last update things seem to have really gotten bad for me I can't hardly get a positive KDR anymore. How do you guys set it up to test a server closer to home my default one is in Missouri and it's 657 miles away.

My ping varies greatly for some reason sometimes I am around 70-80 ms but I have seen it go as high as 242 ms in a recent test. I used to be around 20-40 ms consistently but that was before the laptop, the WII,the IPOd,the Nintendo DSI, and adding a second PS3 and my kids phones. I think a call to the ISP is called for to optimize my gaming as since the last update things seem to have really gotten bad for me I can't hardly get a positive KDR anymore. How do you guys set it up to test a server closer to home my default one is in Missouri and it's 657 miles away.

I have no idea how "ping" works. Maybe it's high because of all the things running on your router/modem? I'm not sure. My router/modem only has to support the PS3, 2 laptops (neither is always on, though) and my girl's Droid X (I have an unlimited data plan on my X, so I don't hook into our internet very often, only when I have to upload a large video file from my phone).

But yeah, give your ISP a call. I'm sure there's some way to optimize overall performance.

Heads up: Double-XP coming in a few days; 4th through the 6th, according to the info bar at the bottom of the screen in Black Ops.

On a side-note.........I'm going to be giving my KalashnikovJunky account to my little cousin. He picked up BO today, and when I told him what Prestige I was, he jokingly said he wanted my account, lol. Well, he's been through some rough medical shit over the past year. Way too much for a 15 year old kid to deal with. And his birthday is coming up. So I said I'd give him my account (I'm too broke to buy him anything anyway :lolol: ) as a gift. I also told him most of the guys on my friends list are good guys who are fun to play with, and he could keep them on if he wanted to. But who knows, I'm not sure if he'll have enough room once he adds all his buddies. We'll see. So if you see my name disappear from your friends list, it's not me who deleted you, lol.

I'll most likely jump back into BO on my D26NY account. But I think I burned myself out on this game, or games in general :lolol: . Work's going to be picking back up soon, and I'm going to be going for testing at a detention center to maybe try and snag a Detention Officer job, so I won't be on BO as much.

Edited by -Shooter-

your ping is affected by how much stuff you have running because each thing ps3 or laptop are all uploading and downloading data off of the one cable like a line of traffic on a 3 lane hwy all of a sudden going to a single lane takes a bit longer to sort out the info. I'll be looking forward to the 2x points days is what is beSt for xp gains capture the flag is what I've been playing most lately and my new fav run n gun is ak74 with slight of hand marathon scavenger rapid fire.

So I guess I've been playing way too much lately (it's about the only thing I can do during chemo). I started a new account and my current kill/death ratio is 3.25. Before I was always more of a 2 k/d ratio....lol. New gamer tag is holemoles if anyone cares to join up.

So I guess I've been playing way too much lately (it's about the only thing I can do during chemo). I started a new account and my current kill/death ratio is 3.25. Before I was always more of a 2 k/d ratio....lol. New gamer tag is holemoles if anyone cares to join up.

I'll add you when I get home I've tried to join a few times usualy lobby full I tried adding W.J also mabie I didn't type his acc in right dono

I'll add you when I get home I've tried to join a few times usualy lobby full I tried adding W.J also mabie I didn't type his acc in right dono

Sorry, I'll try to keep an eye out when you're on next time and sent you an invite to our party.

your ping is affected by how much stuff you have running because each thing ps3 or laptop are all uploading and downloading data off of the one cable like a line of traffic on a 3 lane hwy all of a sudden going to a single lane takes a bit longer to sort out the info. I'll be looking forward to the 2x points days is what is beSt for xp gains capture the flag is what I've been playing most lately and my new fav run n gun is ak74 with slight of hand marathon scavenger rapid fire.

Hell yeah, CTF is awesome for XP. Especially if it turns out to be a long game. 10-12K XP is pretty common for a good CTF match. I've had a 40K+ XP match, but that was also including a bunch challenges getting completed.

It's funny, before BO, I played CTF maybe twice. And that was only because when the new map packs came out on MW2, they put in the play list that only rotated new maps, and had every different game mode in it. Now I'm hooked on it, since it forced me to play it for Marathon Pro, which is a must-have perk for me.

lol yeah I've been playing alot of it lately about 7-9k points per game average but seem to get called a camper alot wich makes no scence the point is to get opposing team and defend yours unlike team deathmatch then camping pisses me off I had a guy on my team yelling at me for camping our base then I said ok and left we where leading 2:0 with 5 min to go and they won and the guy got all pissy I said well I was guarding our flag but you got mad about that statagy so now we lost due to them getting to our flag and camping out site