Government/LE Saiga sgl-31

Blackheart International makes these for the US Government :super:

It is the sopmod model which begins life as a Arsenal (saiga) sgl-21 and get transformed into this..

CIMG0809.jpg

Proof that the US government uses AK's

And yes of course it has the 3rd pin :)

Civilian Version

Edited by JMac

Blackheart International makes these for the US Government :super:

It is the sopmod model which begins life as a Arsenal (saiga) sgl-31 and get transformed into this..

CIMG0809.jpg

Proof that the US government uses AK's

And yes of course it has the 3rd pin :)

Civilian Version

Nice set of mall ninja rails. They sure didn't spare any expence with the tapco grips and non mil spec buffer tube used on that ninja stock.... This = Fail

• Like 3

That's clearly a 7.62x39 rifle. Look at the mag. SGL31's are 5.45x39.

Maybe that was just a typo and you meant SGL21. ;)

Regardless, I don't really like the choice of furniture either, but that could be easily replaced. There's not much I wouldn't do for a FA SGL21, (basically an AK-103 minus the Izhmash folder) :killer:

...Proof that the US government uses AK's...

I've little doubt that certain SF troops have access to and authorization to use Kalashnikov rifles. From the anecdotal tales I've heard about this though; the rifles normally used are Chinese AKM's.

Of course, I could be wrong. :unsure:

...Proof that the US government uses AK's...

I've little doubt that certain SF troops have access to and authorization to use Kalashnikov rifles. From the anecdotal tales I've heard about this though; the rifles normally used are Chinese AKM's.

Of course, I could be wrong. :unsure:

I saw a similar thing on TV, saying certain special forces etc. use AKs. And they also said what you said, they use "classic" looking chinese AKs or whatever the hell kind of beater AKs they have, to blend in with the locals.

I would assume it would not go over very well if they had these "tactical black" AKs with collapsible AR stocks, the Taliban guys would know they "ain't from 'round these parts" :lolol:

• Like 2

I took this picture.. this is my gf and she was selected by the owner of Blackheart to be in his calendar.

The owner told me that he sells these to the Government to special ops crews that bury themselves deep in the opposition, he also said that if you saw one of these guns it would be the last AK you would ever see.. 99% of the time these are fielded is in the dark. hence the night sights and optics rail options

Sorry I did mean sgl-21.. and even though Id like to say it was a type-o it was more of a brain fart... but yes it is 7.62 also he just goes with the best quality commercially available stamped AK at the time so next year it might not be the sgl..

Just like any customer ordering a gun the goverment gave him a list of must haves and he built it to their specs. 80-90% of his business is to the government.

The brochure you were looking at was from 2008, and the owner of BHI has tried many different options with these and is still changing out parts..

Ill post a video firing this beast in a couple weeks (of course in slow-motion :super: )

oh btw I fired a PPSH the same day I took this picture, crazy cool gun took some footage of it but was having a little trouble with the drum feeding, ill still post the video on youtube soon

• Like 1

The owner told me that he sells these to the Government to special ops crews that bury themselves deep in the opposition, he also said that if you saw one of these guns it would be the last AK you would ever see..

The sound you just heard was a million mall-ninja hearts, all simultaneously set aflutter. . .

Edited by nalioth
  • Like 6

The owner told me that he sells these to the Government to special ops crews that bury themselves deep in the opposition, he also said that if you saw one of these guns it would be the last AK you would ever see..

The sound you just heard was a million mall-ninja hearts, all simultaneously set aflutter. . .

Nonsense, ninja make no sound! :lolol:

• Like 1

i love skinny puppy! great choice for music.

where you holding for full auto fire through the entire vid? around 1:10 the bolt can be seen travelling at rate that seems erratic in timing. Is that just common with that type of gun?

The owner told me that he sells these to the Government to special ops crews that bury themselves deep in the opposition, he also said that if you saw one of these guns it would be the last AK you would ever see.. 99% of the time these are fielded is in the dark. hence the night sights and optics rail options

I can see it now no insertion would never know that the guy holding this is a US military.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.... I believe that when a SF uses a AK it is to blend in to it's environment not to stick out....

The rifle and it is configuration are nothing special, but serviceable. The model/girlfriend is absolutely hot.

BobAsh is 100% right about the stock. It is very important when you are using body armor. On my working AK I use on my EJ's I will have to take off the "Baby Shoe" recoil pad to shoot it with my armor on squared up!

i love skinny puppy! great choice for music.

where you holding for full auto fire through the entire vid? around 1:10 the bolt can be seen travelling at rate that seems erratic in timing. Is that just common with that type of gun?

Wow! Im impressed, not too many people even know who skinny puppy is! They rock and they paved the path for gothic industrial music for sure!

yes as mentioned before the drum was feeding erratic that plus the combination of 50yr old surplus ammunition cause the erratic fire rate. If I were to guess I would say it averaged around 900rpm? faster than my m11 with slow fire upper (600rpm) but not quite as fast as the factory m11 at 1200rpm.

Another image.. It has the CTR stock on it - third gun from the left is a legit 74u :super:

CIMG0807.jpg

The only reason I posted this was not to get criticism on the accs. that were chosen but to share a Full Auto Saiga (which I had never seen or heard of one) with the Saiga Forum, and show you at least one type of AK that the government uses (you can argue back and forth all day about this but it is a fact that this sopmod IS SOLD TO THE GOVERNMENT)

Its not always about blending in, but its about having ammo and parts available where you are stationed

• Like 1

Another cool shot from the day (yes this is an AR.. made by BHI) feel free to comment on the photo and ask any questions about the rifle but lets keep the trolling to a minimum..

CIMG0824.jpg

The only specs I know about this rifle

BHI lower

BHI Forearm

Angled forward grip

Surefire suppressor (VERY IMPRESSIVE for its size) no hearing protection required

4x acog with chevron

CTR stock

Stark pistol grip

and show you at least one type of AK that the government uses (you can argue back and forth all day about this but it is a fact that this sopmod IS SOLD TO THE GOVERNMENT)

I have no doubts the guv buys Kalashnikovs (several thousand have been purchased over the years), but the following BS is so deep, you could grow your own Amazonian rain forests in the desert with it.

I mean, c'mon, "he also said that if you saw one of these guns it would be the last AK you would ever see" is something you'd hear from a (self) decorated mall ninja.

ETA: Are you sure they're not selling them to the Department of Education or something?

Edited by nalioth
  • Like 2

Wow Justin, This smells something like an ad... I mean everything that Sacha is wearing and holding is sold by BHI. :unsure:

But I still say that Sacha is hot! But she should be, she has the look of a model hired for the day.

Who is the other girl that you are posing with in your album? She would look great with an AK as well!

I am on BHI's mailing list and they will sell me any of this stuff so I have little doubt that some of it is in use in the Sandbox. Why would anyone doubt this?

Thanks for the sharing, :D

Edited by Azrial

When the AK is the most prevalent rifle in the world, why would the government buy a demilitarized semi auto ($700) that is put together in Las Vegas with enough US parts for civilians to own it and then ship it to another US dealer to convert back to full auto with another $200 in furniture when you can buy directly from Russia or China for pennies of what this would cost and then slap on the quadrail and Magpul CTR afterward without paying a Title II manufacturer to convert a $900 rifle into a full auto?

I am sure the government is buying these at $1,500+ each when it costs Russia $25 to manufacture a standard AK47.

Go lowest bidder!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Wow Justin, This smells something like an ad... I mean everything that Sacha is wearing and holding is sold by BHI. :unsure:

But I still say that Sacha is hot! But she should be, she has the look of a model hired for the day.

Who is the other girl that you are posing with in your album? She would look great with an AK as well!

I am on BHI's mailing list and they will sell me any of this stuff so I have little doubt that some of it is in use in the Sandbox. Why would anyone doubt this?

Thanks for the sharing, :D

Ive picked up a few NFA Items from them. Sacha went with me hit it off with the owner right off the bat. Blackheart does a lot of government and civilian training (if you can afford it) and they make their own training manuals. He found out she was Russian and instantly asked if she would be interested in translating some Russian military documents and manuals. Then he asked if she would like to be in the BHI annual calendar, so that is why she is wearing the BHI shirt it was for the calendar photo shoot. However this is a picture I took with my camera to share with the forum even though I got called a liar....

Im not sure what other girl you are talking about?

And Im not trying to promote BHI, I only wanted to share the Full Auto SGL with you guys...

BTW thanks for being the only person that appreciated this post...

However this is a picture I took with my camera to share with the forum even though I got called a liar....

We appreciate your camera work, and hope to see more.

Nobody called you a liar, that I can see. You went there, the owner filled your ears full of crap, which you paraphrased to us. You didn't make it up - he did.

• Like 2