How about some 20" barrel saiga conversion pictures?

I knew there would be no love for the 20". So I reassembled mine mid FCG polishing to snap a few to represent!

saiga_20in_01.jpg

saiga_20in_02.jpg

Not done yet, but this is where she stands. She also wears a 4-12x scope when I don't have the single-point sling mount on the stock. (The sling mount blocks the UTG side mount rail from sliding onto the scope rail.)

gay :(

Seriously, take my above advice.

You foot the bill and I'm all over it...

Don't get me wrong i like the look of my 16" barrel WASR more then the 20" barrel saiga, but i don't think im going to cut it down i would just sell it and buy another WASR.................come on it's kinda like a welfare RPK! :rolleyes:

What's the chance of getting one of these with a dimpled reciver?

"Edit", The only one I've seen is on the first page of the Picture Post. I wouldn't mind restoring one with dimpled reciever, 24mmFSB/w cleaning rod hole and bayolug, 74 stye break, gas block/w cleaning rod hole, hand guard retainer/w cleaning rod hole, mabey burchwood handguards, pistol-grip and stock from Ironwood, and a vented gas tube. To me, this would be a badass setup. The 4" increase in sight radious is reason enough for me to get the 20" barrel.

Edited by saigaguy09

Yeah. I'm going to keep the 20" and get another 16" in the future, dress it up real nice with some Ironwood.

My 20" was a '99 w/o dimples. I don't know what the current probability is for dimples on a 20".

I just picked up a 20 inch 223 with dimples.

Edited by Geo

I <3 my RPK, so if I had the chance to get another 7.62x39 you can bet it would be a 20" gun.

There's no point whatsoever in a 20" barrel on a 7.62x39 rifle unless it's a dedicated machine gun. I assume you're not buying automatic rifles. :D

In my, and many others' opinion, (including M. Kalashnikov, apparently), ~16" is the optimum balance of muzzle velocity, accuracy, and barrel length for the 7.62x39 round.

Don't get me wrong, the pics in this thread are excellent.. but I'd start by cutting ~4" off the barrel when converting restoring one of these rifles.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Comrad Kalashnikov doesn't give a happy rat's ass what length barrel I have on my X39(with dimples) and neither should you. Now get that PK23 to the range and give us a report like you promised weeks ago,PA!

:lolol: Believe me i can't wait to try it out,but the SGL range by me is closed for renovations (even though it's only a year old :rolleyes: ) but the sign said it will reopen OCT.1, I will be there that weekend because i need to sight in my .308 bolt savage anyway.

I <3 my RPK, so if I had the chance to get another 7.62x39 you can bet it would be a 20" gun.

There's no point whatsoever in a 20" barrel on a 7.62x39 rifle unless it's a dedicated machine gun. I assume you're not buying automatic rifles. :D

In my, and many others' opinion, (including M. Kalashnikov, apparently), ~16" is the optimum balance of muzzle velocity, accuracy, and barrel length for the 7.62x39 round.

Don't get me wrong, the pics in this thread are excellent.. but I'd start by cutting ~4" off the barrel when converting restoring one of these rifles.

Got mine because it was a screamin' deal. Question is..."why do they even make the long barrel?" I don't get it. Being a semi auto imported weapon it doesn't make sense.

Edited by RobRez

Yeah. Mine was a screaming deal too. I hadn't really planned on a 20", but at the price I just couldn't pass it up.

Looking back through the thread, I don't recall ever having seen a 20" with dimpled receiver. Any out there?

Edited by jbrubaker
  • 3 weeks later...

i really like my 20"... it is definetly more accurate than my buddys wasr at least.

62088_1617470881178_1368550542_1674720_5676444_n.jpg

Okay, let's give it a try.

DSC00727.jpg

What foregrip upper/lowers are those? in the middle of getting my saiga 922 compliant, non converted though (CA legal to drop mags)