That's awesome. How does it attach to the rifle?

That's the awesome part. The "silencer" part which is registered with the ATF in the NFA Registry is the threaded adapter. It'll thread to a standard 1/2 x 28 barrel (Standard AR barrel, also standard on Lone Wolf Dist. Glock Barrels) and then the filter threads to the adapter.

I want to see one on a Draco :super:

You just will have to wait till I get some new taps, kinda screwed up my .39 ones working on some stupid hard metal I picked up from the scrap box...............mylar or some crap, a buddy picked some up from the shipyard one time and it got mixed in with the "normal" pieces............surprised me when it cleaned off the tap, so I ran the last one thru, "Surprise" cleaned that one too................

• Like 1

I want to see one on a Draco :super:

You just will have to wait till I get some new taps, kinda screwed up my .39 ones working on some stupid hard metal I picked up from the scrap box...............mylar or some crap, a buddy picked some up from the shipyard one time and it got mixed in with the "normal" pieces............surprised me when it cleaned off the tap, so I ran the last one thru, "Surprise" cleaned that one too................

Most likely armor plate. I ran into some of this on an elevator cross head. Uranium steel so hard it would only drill while heated to cherry red with a torch! Seems Otis did defense work in WW2 and used up what was on hand afterwards!

Actually, I have just picked up a bunch of baldwin filters and have a lot of potential mods....................:ph34r:

The only restriction I have is knowing the thread sizes of the muzzles of the guns................

I may try a little something on the FA Glock, but it doesn't like to cycle with anything on the nose.

Curious, does this require the $200 stamp?

Absolutely. Tom Cole is transferring one to my FFL as we speak. I expect about 3-4 weeks for the Form 3 to go through (MFG to Dealer transfer) then we'll demo it out of the shop for a few months before I file for the form 4 transfer. I'm hoping that by having it as a DEMO, we'll generate some interest in this little ditty.

Absolutely. Tom Cole is transferring one to my FFL as we speak. I expect about 3-4 weeks for the Form 3 to go through (MFG to Dealer transfer) then we'll demo it out of the shop for a few months before I file for the form 4 transfer. I'm hoping that by having it as a DEMO, we'll generate some interest in this little ditty.

It is already making its way across the net on other boards... :killer:

It is already making its way across the net on other boards... :killer:

Awesome. Pub is good.

Tom,

The threading pattern is 1/2 x 28, correct? This is the right thread pattern for a barrel from Lone Wolf distributors for Glock replacement barrels. I wonder if you would need a Nielson type device to make this work or if it will work "as is."

Have you tried it on a 9mm glock?

What about an adapter for a GSG5? Would a small lawnmower filter suffice to suppress .22lr?

As a matter of fact, those mower mufflers don't work very well......................or so I heard.......:angel:

So what you are saying is I have to screw on a filter the size of the one in my Jeep to suppress a .22lr?

What about an adapter for a GSG5? Would a small lawnmower filter suffice to suppress .22lr?

As a matter of fact, those mower mufflers don't work very well......................or so I heard.......:angel:

So what you are saying is I have to screw on a filter the size of the one in my Jeep to suppress a .22lr?

I just grabbed one of the Purolator filters off the shelf at Mart-Mart. It worked on most everything thru 5.45/5.56

Filters are very broad in size range. It's just a lot of fun to play with the possiblities......fuel filters and, oil filters....

Naturally, volume to caliber is the key....

The way I started out was to run a cleaning rod thru an old 223 barrel and punch the hole.

I usually just shoot thru with a 22 rifle I have threaded, but I have shot thru with my 223.

All filters to date have been , new and dry.

I have a big filter off my Mack truck that I intend to try "wet", at least after the next oil change.