Here's another article referencing the one Nalioth posted and contradicting it:

http://somethingintellectual.tumblr.com/post/1211587044/ex-genius

Not really contradicted at all.

A lot of our food is processed with ammonia.

They wash the ammonia out before processing it further, so it's not actually in the food that sits on the shelves.

Wait a minute........fast food is actually garbage? Color me SHOCKED.

HAHAHAHA,

Nothing a lil sweet N sour sauce wont fix!!! :lolol: :lolol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not above eating McNuggets when I'm shitfaced (which is rare, as I'm not a big drinker)...........but I know damn well that I don't really know what the hell it is exactly that I'm eating, and I accept that. :horror::haha2:

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm not above eating McNuggets when I'm shitfaced

Don't know about SC, but didn't you guys have diners upstate??

I swear, corned beef hash is god's gift to drunk people :lolol:

In NY? Hell yeah. 24-hour diners everywhere, and if it was Friday or Saturday night........they are guaranteed to be full of drunks. Funny thing is though, I love diner food and can eat at a good one any time of day, no matter my state of soberness :super: . Tons of great food for dirt cheap? Yes, please!

If ya wanna have even more fun, go visit a chicken processing plant in the summer time, but don't eat before you do. I took my father into one with me to deliver a new vac pump for the "lung guns" and when he opened the truck door to get out, he lost his lunch from the smell coming from the tanks that hold all the guts. Oh yeh, they sit outside in the hot sun shine and and get RIPE. :)

um im pretty sure they dont include the eyes and guts and bones in there, thats why its called mechanically "seperated" chicken. dont you know you cant believe everything you read on the interweb? not saying its not gross and a probably does end up with stuff other than intended in the meat sometimes, there is no guts, feet, or eyeballs in it, they dont grind up whole chickens, atleast not for human cunsumption. just sayin.

In NY? Hell yeah. 24-hour diners everywhere, and if it was Friday or Saturday night........they are guaranteed to be full of drunks. Funny thing is though, I love diner food and can eat at a good one any time of day, no matter my state of soberness :super: . Tons of great food for dirt cheap? Yes, please!

OK, awesome :D Same here man I went to the diner twice yesterday LOL. Lunch was cream of turkey soup. And then I went back after the bars. Nothing's quite like eggs and corned beef hash while crocked at 4am :lolol:

um im pretty sure they dont include the eyes and guts and bones in there, thats why its called mechanically "seperated" chicken. dont you know you cant believe everything you read on the interweb? not saying its not gross and a probably does end up with stuff other than intended in the meat sometimes, there is no guts, feet, or eyeballs in it, they dont grind up whole chickens, atleast not for human cunsumption. just sayin.

No, after the chicken's primary processing, they throw any FDA approved edible (but maybe not something you'd buy at the market) meat in the hopper, including the bones.

Big grinders crunch'em up and any speck of edible meat is taken from the bones.

If you read up on this process, they try to keep most of the bone fragment out of the finished product . . .

. . . sometimes a little gets through

canned-fish.jpg

Ain't nobody can tell me they ain't had a "crunchy speck o'somethin'" in their vienna sausage or potted meat or other meat products that use mechanically separated chicken . . .

If ya wanna have even more fun, go visit a chicken processing plant in the summer time, but don't eat before you do.

I saw a video on that kinda stuff on TV one time. Pretty nasty looking, and it's not something you think about as your biting into that chicken parmesan.

That being said, nothing can deter me from my love of (real) chicken! :super:

OK, awesome :D Same here man I went to the diner twice yesterday LOL. Lunch was cream of turkey soup. And then I went back after the bars. Nothing's quite like eggs and corned beef hash while crocked at 4am :lolol:

Hell yeah, bro. My old favorite place up in NY was a diner where $9 pretty much got you a huge plate of whatever you wanted, soup, salad and a drink. I loved that place.

The more I go to "fancy" restaurants, the more I hate them. You pay tons of money for a snack-size meal, that isn't even that great to my poorman's palate. :ded:

• Like 1

No, after the chicken's primary processing, they throw any FDA approved edible (but maybe not something you'd buy at the market) meat in the hopper, including the bones.

Big grinders crunch'em up and any speck of edible meat is taken from the bones.

If you read up on this process, they try to keep most of the bone fragment out of the finished product . . .

. . . sometimes a little gets through

canned-fish.jpg

Ain't nobody can tell me they ain't had a "crunchy speck o'somethin'" in their vienna sausage or potted meat or other meat products that use mechanically separated chicken . . .

yes but a "crunchy speck o'somethin" (bone) is alot diffrent than "beaks, feet, guts and all". hell alittle ground bone just adds flavor! besides they use the bone for dog food usually, i dont know that much about the process they may crush up the bones and extract every last piece of meat from them, either way they do not grind up whole chickens guts, bones and all and make nuggets out of it. not sayin its high quality meat but to act like every chicken nugget and vienna weinny has chicken beaks and chicken guts in em is just a joke.

Ya know... I just have to throw the BS flag on this one... I do NOT know WHAT that is... but it AINT CHICKEN! I have seen the insides of meat packing houses where they do chickens... they are *NOT* dumped into the grinders whole... they are plucked, the heads and feet ARE INDEED REMOVED... and yes, I am sorry to disillusion you... The GUTS are removed as well!!

The color is WAY OFF for processed chicken... It should be more of a light, pasty, pale, greyish-brown color ( something along the lines of a slug... ) Not a "happy pink". Also... the texture of that sludge is way too fine for chicken mcnuggets... they are a much coarser grind of mechanically separated chicken. If you notice, it also retains its shape in the OTHER box... meat slurry would turn into a lovely pile of glop in very short order.

The next question is whatever it is... why is it going DIRECTLY into a cardboard box?!?!?

anything "ground up meat" is not something you would put in direct contact with corrugated... it would suck all the moisture out VERY quickly and turn into dark brown sludge very promptly after that... ever have a package of meat leak into a paper bag?? Yeah... you know how it gets all yuck real fast!

:smoke:

If you really wanna know the sick truth. The chickens usually dont even have time to GROW beaks. They pump them so full of roids, most of them are still chirping when they go to the processing plant. A full frown chicken chirping.......:unsure:

Yeah it's fucking nasty. I saw one about KFC chickens and they are so pumped full of roids that they get so big their legs break :ded:

"Factory food" is probably one of the worst things to ever happen to humanity. Most western people are entirely disconnected with their food supply. They have no idea how crops should be grown and animals should be raised and slaughtered, and they have no idea what abominations of modern science the "food" we eat is. The corporations would not be able to get away with this crap for a second, if more people knew just how disgusting the shit they are eating is and stopped buying it. I have never in my whole life met someone who heard this kinda stuff and wasn't completely disgusted.

• Like 3

If you really wanna know the sick truth. The chickens usually dont even have time to GROW beaks. They pump them so full of roids, most of them are still chirping when they go to the processing plant. A full frown chicken chirping.......:unsure:

Yeah it's fucking nasty. I saw one about KFC chickens and they are so pumped full of roids that they get so big their legs break :ded:

"Factory food" is probably one of the worst things to ever happen to humanity. Most western people are entirely disconnected with their food supply. They have no idea how crops should be grown and animals should be raised and slaughtered, and they have no idea what abominations of modern science the "food" we eat is. The corporations would not be able to get away with this crap for a second, if more people knew just how disgusting the shit they are eating is and stopped buying it. I have never in my whole life met someone who heard this kinda stuff and wasn't completely disgusted.

Absolutely, Food inc. is a good watch for more info.

• Like 2