Rem Slugger 12ga, any good?

I just picked up a case of Remington 12ga 2 3/4" Slugger slugs for a good deal (came out to $2.00 a 5rnd box) at a local shop. I've never used them in my S12 and was wondering if anyone uses them. I may get more but I can't get them for that price since it was a one time thing. My local Bass Pro has tons of the stuff.

I get great accuracy with them. 12" five shot group @ 100yds with the stock open sights. (At least I think that's great for a 19" smoothbore.)

Edited by Yeoldetool

Sluggers are great. Every time I go to Wal-mart I try to buy a 15-round value pack. They're $8.97 here. Plenty of oomph. When shooting Sluggers, my gun cycles on -1 (most restricted) with the Gunfixr plug. I got an MD Arms plug, but haven't gotten around to taking the S-12 out since I've gotten it.

Last week I bought a couple of 15 rd boxes of the Remington sluggers and the Winchester slugs from Walmart. I was sighting in some sights on my S12 and shot both. I had a polychoke set at ~Imp-Cyl. The slugs grouped identically. I did not notice any difference in recoil (they both hit hard) or point of impact. Good slugs!

I only shot a couple at 100 yards but they grouped within 8-10 inches.

jrmock

May i suggest getting some pumpkins to go along with those sluggers :killer: Its a great combination :devil:

Funny you should say that. The pumpkins are already in the back of the truck awaiting their fate on Saturday. :lolol:

Many thanks for the opinions on the Sluggers. I've only used Speer Lawman or Winchester slugs through my S12 so I figured I'd ask.

Edited by RABIDFOX50

I use the Remington Slugger Value Pack slugs with no problems! They run 100% with the gas plug on "1". I was wondering though, would it be okay to shoot them with the gas setting on "2"? It would just make things a tiny bit more convenient when switching back between birdshot and the slugs at the range.

• 2 weeks later...