Mosin Nagant Bullpup Stock

I've seen pictures of it. Overall I'm not impressed with it from an observer's standpoint. I'm as big a fan of firearm innovation as anyone, but this one's leaving me kind of cold. The ergonomics of working the bolt especially seem uncomfortable at best.

It does look like something out of James Bond. Sadly, it looks most like a low-polygon model from the N64 GoldenEye007 game!

Still, this thread may be better suited to the "Other Rifles" forum.

• Like 1

I've handled one and it was shoddy looking to say the least. The material was kinda odd in texture and half of it looked to be dremeled rather than milled... The bolt cover where you get your cheek weld looked to me like a black plastic pipe cut in half and put onto it with a few screws and roll pins so it could flip open to cycle the weapon.

The original plan was to fix it up and make it into a decent looking stock but it was beyond messing with it IMO.

What Echo said was the truth. Between me and him we looked over a CBRPS 91/30 bullpup stock (gag idea gone bad). The stock was just a POS that would have required a lot of work to make functional.

If you really want to get into a cheap, fun, and halfway decent bullpup, just buy a AK bullpup already built. Granted you will have to do some work on it to get it going good, but its far better than a 91/30 bullpup. Plus the AK bullpup only runs at around 450-480 complete or 180 for the kit (centerfire), where's the CBRPS stock is 280. I'd rather spend a bit more and get the AK myself, at least your dignity will be intact with that one...

V/R

self_inflicted

Edited by self_inflicted
  • Like 1

It does look like something out of James Bond. Sadly, it looks most like a low-polygon model from the N64 GoldenEye007 game!

That game was awesome.

But yeah, what good is the close quarter compactness of the bullpup, when you have to cycle probably the slowest bolt action there is.

I do love Mosins though. I'd love a polymer thumb-hole stock myself.

Forgot to mention that as if the Mosin trigger wasn't bad enough, but to then link it forward. . .

Having said that, looking at their products, the 'white' guns look friggin awesome. But of all their examples, I'd rather love to do a .223 Saiga with AR mag adapter bullpup. That would defeat the whole rocking a mag forward into the pistol grip issue that screams at me with the AK's.

Interesting web-site. Thanks for posting it.

• 1 year later...

One word: KA-BOOM

They've been known to happen on Mosins from time to time. I want my face to be far away from the action. (Besides, working the bolt from that angle would seem cumbrous).

Mosin kabooms are pretty rare and I've never heard of one injuring the shooter, but it only takes one, especially next to your face.

That being said I wouldn't shoot any bullpup that didn't have some sort of shield to assure safety in the event a kaboom occured, a deflection plate as some bullpups have or at least a few layers of kevlar face saver.