Been to jersey once, didnt lose anything there. will never go back! Thats ridiculous, I dont care if my whole family lived in nj I would leave and never come back. Why cant these idiot law makers realize they have some of strictest gun control laws in the country and some of the highest crime rates in the country! All there laws are doing is making criminals out of honest people!!

That shit is completely unconstitutional, why doesn't somebody with the money take NJ to court over there gun laws, just like DC? 2nd amendment was created to protect civilians from tyranny of government and thats whats happening in NJ!!

That's fucking insane. I can only imagine what would happen to NJ members of this forum if they were pulled over and the police discovered a Saiga 12 and a couple pistols on the way home from a range trip and someone was unable to prove they had been shooting on private land prior to being pulled over.

http://www.BrianDAitken.com

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1
All there laws are doing is making criminals out of honest people!!

Unfortunately, it's working as intended. The prison system is a multi-billion dollar industry, and governments need to keep the jails full. When you can't keep them full with real criminals, just make laws that create criminals out of a wider number of people and lock them up.

That shit is completely unconstitutional, why doesn't somebody with the money take NJ to court over there gun laws, just like DC?

Two reasons, first off: People who have money, don't have a problem obtaining guns and CCWs in NJ, and the same with NYS and NYC. Nothing is actually banned, but rather, requires a license that is virtually unobtainable. However, people with money, like celebrities, lawyers, bankers, politicians, etc. have no problem at all getting CCW permits, and even toys like pre-ban guns or even machine guns. So the other 99% of peons, people for whom these devices are basically "banned" for, are the same ones that do not have the money to pay for lawyers and fight for their rights. Meanwhile, the types of people who do have the money to hire teams of lawyers and spend months in court, are kept happy with whatever permits they want.

Second, is that until recently case law to challenge these bans in court simply did not exist. The laws have been in effect since the Robber Barons decided to not let any Irish/Polish/Italian immigrants even think about touching a gun a hundred years ago, and the case law in courts for the states like NJ have tomes full of convictions and stiff sentences like this.

Heller stated that the second amendment is an individual right, and that a government cannot ban arms in common use. McDonald applied that decision to the states. However, the Supreme Court has not yet stated at what level of scrutiny the Second Amendment should be applied, or whether the right of self defense extends beyond the home or not. Since NJ's laws are so deeply entrenched and anti-gun, they will be among the last to go, as organizations like SAF/GOA need to establish case law on a number of issues elsewhere before attempting to challenge NJ.

Case law that will take years, if not decades, to be built up.

EDIT: To give you an idea of the kind of case law that is on the books in NJ, in 1996 there was a case State v. P-somethingitalian in which the ruling judge panel's verdict stated: "When dealing with guns in New Jersey, the citizen acts at his own peril"

So you literally have a government whose laws, and case law, are flat out hostile towards the exercise of Second Amendment rights.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

NJ is rough.. I remember moving around with 6 handguns in the trunk all in 1 bag.. all loaded.. :cryss:

Oh wait... that was PA.. (and I have a carry permit) :lolol:

At least he has Nappen for a lawyer.. he should get it appealed.. :dollar:

That is rediculous though that the JUDGE wouldn't allow any testimony or statments from even the officer involved..

anyone else with a gun is presumed to be violating state law and must defend against the charge of illegal gun possession by claiming one of the state's exemptions.

Am I reading that right? Guilty until proven innocent?

EDIT: This is fucking insane.

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster
  • Like 1

Thank GOD We live in the usa! I am entitled to a trial with a jury of my peers! I'll choose Jugg's, DrGonzo, Sal, Classy, MCASSgt New River, Indy, YARP, ChileRelleno, AllJacks, PlanB, TR Young, and Floyd. As per my constitutional right. And lets allow MAKC to be judge? ok?

Opening statements?

(Slys defence) "NULLIFICATIOIN"! your honor. please explain it to the jury. :angel:

ETA, My life and time are my income, as per: I pose a 1,000$ reimbursement per hour upon my time spent in this court as per my constitutional right, upon the accuser.( documented).

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Dear NJ Gun Owning Residents,

Come to Virginia, we have a lot of jobs and actually want you here. There is currently only one thing on our ban list which is the Striker Streetsweeper gun, that's it. Want some "high cap" mags, cool, pistol grip Saiga-12 no problem, put whatever you want on that puppy! Want to buy a gun, go to a dealer, there are three in Manassas alone, do your NICS check and walk out with it. Want to give a gun to your son when he turns 18, no problem, intrastate personal transfers are fine here. Want a conceal carry permit, no problem take a basic course, head up to the court house and they'll hook you up; if you have any problems we have a group called the Virginia Citizens Defense League who will bust some balls for you.

Okay, we don't have a Castle Law, yet, but we're working on it!

--Paul

• Like 1

Dear NJ Gun Owning Residents,

Come to Virginia, we have a lot of jobs and actually want you here. There is currently only one thing on our ban list which is the Striker Streetsweeper gun, that's it. Want some "high cap" mags, cool, pistol grip Saiga-12 no problem, put whatever you want on that puppy! Want to buy a gun, go to a dealer, there are three in Manassas alone, do your NICS check and walk out with it. Want to give a gun to your son when he turns 18, no problem, intrastate personal transfers are fine here. Want a conceal carry permit, no problem take a basic course, head up to the court house and they'll hook you up; if you have any problems we have a group called the Virginia Citizens Defense League who will bust some balls for you.

Okay, we don't have a Castle Law, yet, but we're working on it!

--Paul

Forget Va. Same stuff in Pa. Closer and all you need for a carry permit is $50! Thats it, just fitty dollaz. you can be a blind quadriplegic who was born without arms as long as you have $50. And a waiting period of 1 week tops.

Edited by Arik

Forget Va. Same stuff in Pa. Closer and all you need for a carry permit is $50! Thats it, just fitty dollaz. you can be a blind quadriplegic who was born without arms as long as you have $50. And a waiting period of 1 week tops.

$50 in Philadelphia? I got a permit from Centre County for $26 does it vary much between counties like that or is Philadelphia an outlier?

$50 in Philadelphia? I got a permit from Centre County for $26 does it vary much between counties like that or is Philadelphia an outlier?

It does vary. I dont remember what Philly charges. I live in Bucks Co. And it used to be $19 until they changed the look of the card. Before it was just a piece of paper with a black and white photo copied pic of off your DL. Now the permit is hard plastic and looks like a DL. So they charge more for a fancier looking permit.

Philly should be about the same however, their wait time is muck much longer. When I re-applied for my permit it was the busy season for Buck Co. Sheriff dpt so it took me almost 2 weeks to get my. In Philly a few months

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1