This is what I see when I click on a particular rifle/pistol caliber at Sportsman's Guide.

Beats the fuck outta me as to what your seeing. :unsure:

Here is a link to a listing with those restrictions:http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/wolf-762x54r-148-gr-fmj-500-rds.aspx?a=55609

Here is the email I got as a response to me asking why shipping to TX was restricted:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, certain ammunition cannot ship to your location due to the caliber. Our legal team has determined that we can not ship armour piercing ammunition, or 50 caliber ammunition to Texas.

Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline.

Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on other particular concerns. These may include whether the state has law suits pending involving gun owners and recent court decisions that may affect businesses like ours.

Also, in some cases the states' laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors!

Has FL and MI listed as well.. Which totally makes no sense.

I think they punched the wrong code in when they listed the ammo, the shipping restrictions used to be in a numbered code system. I'd guess they still use something like that when adding new products. I think that list is the one for pepper spray.

I spent a half hour on the phone today with SG's CS.

They were unsympathetic and could give a shit less, a completely arbitrary new corporate policies, don't like too bad, ... We're sorry for the inconvenience... Yeah right.

I have the phone number for Corporate and will be calling them next.

They won't change unless they suffer a significant financial hit.

I hope that this spreads far and wide and that people stop doing any business with them.

I also emailed them.

My email and their form letter response.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline. Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on other particular concerns.

These may include whether the state has law suits pending involving gun owners and recent court decisions that may affect businesses like ours.

Also, in some cases the states' laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thanks for shopping Sportsman's Guide!

Brett Holik

Customer Service Visit our Website at www.sportsmansguide.com

Please retain your Customer ID Number 16186318 for order status and fast Express Internet Checkout.

Top sellers: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/section/section.asp?s=2283

SPG Email sign up: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/email/specials_form.asp

Buyers Club Sign-up: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/club/club_tour.asp

Customer Service Phone Number 1-800-888-5222

Customer Service Fax Number 1-651-552-5305

The Sportsman's Guide

411 Farwell Ave

So St Paul, MN 55075

--- Original Message ---

Received: 12/6/10 7:48:51 PM CST

To: custserv@sportsmansguide.com

Subject: Web 'Mail Us' Request

An email was submitted through the http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ mailus form:

======================================================================

Greetings Sportsman's Guide,

Why is Sportsman's Guide now restricting/banning the shipping of various calibers of ammunition to certain States?

States which have no restrictions on such munitions? E.g. .50cal BMG & various 7.62x54R is now not being shipped to Alabama. Why?

I'm a resident of the State of Alabama, and if I can not order what I want, then Sportsman's Guide will lose all my business.

This policy of restricting States that have no lawful restrictions, is now being discussed in various Firearms forums. And it doesn't bode well for Sportsman's Guide.

The consensus appears to be that if you arbitrarily treat your customers thusly, we'll return the favor.

Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxxxx

This is what I see when I click on a particular rifle/pistol caliber at Sportsman's Guide.

Beats the fuck outta me as to what your seeing. :unsure:

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Ammunition. We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons. NEVER use any Ammunition unless it is specifically designed for your firearm. WARNING: Ammunition cannot be shipped to Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; Carson, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. If shipping to IA, must be 21. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition.

LOL, this is funny, I have sold ammo to people in these counties of Commiefornia, not to long ago either.... What exactly are they going to do? They can not come to your State and take you to jail they have no powers outside their State... There is no Federal Law on selling ammo, so I say F'em....... The issue is that I or we did not go to these States and sell we sold over the net and shipped via carrier, and as long as their is no Federal Law in place they can not do anything to you.......

Indy, are you sure that this is not a sales tax issue? Some companies are not set up to deal with it in every state.

I'm not totally up on internet commerce........but I was under the impression that as long as the vendor wasn't in your state, sales tax is non-existent. I know I've never paid sales tax on an item bought online from an out of state vendor.

This is correct, I have heard that they are going to change this..... I mean the Gov have to get theirs.....

My reply to SG...

Dear Sportsman's Guide associate, while I can understand the reasoning behind your arbitrary corporate policy, it being based on fear and not on actual laws/ordinances.

*** I will no longer do any business with SG.***

I think you will find that many others will be doing the same, and we'll be spreading the word. The internet can make SG money, and it can take it away.

Regards, John Cox aka Former SG Customer

I urge everyone who thinks this new SG policy is bullshit, to put their money where their mouth is... And... Make damned sure SG knows it.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I forgot to add that the SG CSR I spoke with tried to tell me about Armor Piercing & High Velocity ammo being specifically targeted due to AL law and other States law.

When I called bullshit (Literally) on the grounds that all the ammo we discussed was rifle specific, and not the Federally designated AP (Handgun) ammo, and that AL has no such laws/ordinances anyways.

She changed from her course of disinformation, and started just claiming the Corporate Policy crap.

I can't wait to round and round with someone from Corporate. :rolleyes:

They wont ship to nevada???Hell, I can legally purchase blow jobs here, and they wont sell me ammo...HAHAHA

they lost my business forever...I didnt forget any of the theives that were price gouging during obamanation 2008/09 and wont ever forget the sportmans guide...they can suck hairy sweaty donkey balls...

just sent this email to SG

Dear Sportsman's Guide,

Due to your arbitrary corporate policy regarding shipping ammunition to Nevada where it is completely legal to have any and all forms of ammunition including grenades for M203 grenade launchers,I will no longer be able to do any more business with the Sportsman guide and will be letting any and all other firearms forums that i frequent know about your new corporate policy and see how other gun owners feel about you and your policy.

I think you will find that many others will be doing exactly the same thing i have done, and that is to completely ban using Sportsman guide for any and all purchases, ammo related or not...

Regards,

lvjeffro

aka Former SG Customer

Edited by Makc
Edited at the request of the poster
  • Like 1

They wont ship to nevada???Hell, I can legally purchase blow jobs here, and they wont sell me ammo...HAHAHA

they lost my business forever...I didnt forget any of the theives that were price gouging during obamanation 2008/09 and wont ever forget the sportmans guide...they can suck hairy sweaty donkey balls...

just sent this email to SG

Dear Sportsman's Guide,

Due to your arbitrary corporate policy regarding shipping ammunition to Nevada where it is completely legal to have any and all forms of ammunition including grenades for M203 grenade launchers,I will no longer be able to do any more business with the Sportsman guide and will be letting any and all other firearms forums that i frequent know about your new corporate policy and see how other gun owners feel about you and your policy.

I think you will find that many others will be doing exactly the same thing i have done, and that is to completely ban using Sportsman guide for any and all purchases, ammo related or not...

Regards,

lvjeffro

aka Former SG Customer

I gotta ask, everything I read about prostitution in Nevada says "the cost is kept between the lady and her customer inside the brothel"

etc etc, so, how much does it actually legally cost? 021.gif I mean, I know, in states where it's illegal, 20 bucks will get you a

backwoods mountain skank and in the cities it could cost 50 times that for good stuff, so what's it like legally?

Sorry for thread hijack. I won't do any business with this company either.

Never been much of a boycotter, yet do vote with my wallet. Been a Club member since 96. Heck, I don't even get an email reply after 4 days, so membership is up in Jan. Don't believe will renew. Always did a mass purchase then, since discounts were great and free shipping. :smoke:

Let SG know... Don't just not shop SG, take two minutes and tell them about it.

Let them know that their fear of losing money will cost them more money, that ostracizing customers is bad news and news that is spreading.

I have literally spent thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years at SP because of the convenience of their 4 pay plan. It really disappoints me that they will not sell me .50BMG when it is perfectly legal for me to purchase it in person or through the internet. I think they have lost another customer, when they try to get me to renew my club membership, I will make sure to tell them why.

Doesnt make any sense, individual boxes of Wolf Gold 7.62x54R is listed as not shippable to Okla, all of the other brands of the same ammo I checked are shippable.

Somebody is smoking crack somewhere..... I wonder if its big brother leaning on SG or what?

Doesnt make any sense, individual boxes of Wolf Gold 7.62x54R is listed as not shippable to Okla, all of the other brands of the same ammo I checked are shippable.

Somebody is smoking crack somewhere..... I wonder if its big brother leaning on SG or what?

Wolf Gold 54R is SP.

They are letting a crack smoking monkey determine what qualifies as Armor Piercing / High Velocity Armor Piercing and then restricting it to any State in which they feel a remote possibility of getting sued in.

These restrictions are not based on any Local, State or Federal laws, they're based on fear of litigation, based on past, current and foreseeable lawsuits and Bills.

I noticed almost all 308 ammo is ok for NJ :smoke:.. still wouldn't go back to the SG if they can't determine 100%..

How hard is it for the WEB GUY to google up the normal BAN states laws.??:unsure:

Granted the pricing is $1.49/box higher than I currently spend at Graf's.. I'll stick with Grafs for my 308.. for now..

Al