Okay....

So I'm getting a little tired of our "fishers of men" lately.

By that I mean the traffic cops that "go fishing" by pulling you over on some BS, like they didn't feel your blinker flashed enough times, your OEM factory standard driving lights are illegal or you crossed the center line while making a left turn! Yes, I've been pulled over for that, believe it or not. <_<

I don't know if this is a last minuet revenue push at the end of the year, or maybe my local police pull over different makes or styles of autos on a schedule every so often to make sure they eventually get around to everybody. One way or another, this crap seems to repeat every year & 1/2 to two years.

It's like no cop looks your way, then next thing you know, I can't pass a cop without getting pulled over for something ridiculous. They just check you out, run your shit, then "give you a warning" for the BS reason they gave you for pulling you over, but it's still a pain in the ass. I was raised that the police needed probable cause to stop you & that only evil authoritarian societies randomly stopped citizens & demanded to "see their papers".

Yeah, I kiss the little 20-something's ass & don't get into a pissing contest, but I'd really like to take it to the next level. :devil:

So, I'm thinking about my own dash, or in car cam, that monitors my directional indicators, speedometer & the road in front of me, so I can take the offending department to court & sue them for violating my 4th amendment rights against unlawful search & seizure.

In the past, I've not kissed their ass & they actually give you the ticket, then lie their ass off in court, so that would be a GREAT scenario to work off of, if before court he didn't know you had him on tape. ;)

I've sued the county before on my own & prevailed, doing my own research, bumping through the process & writing the court order, but I wonder what some unforeseen speed-bumps might be? :unsure:

I think a hidden camera would be best, so as to catch them off guard, & in my state as long as one of the participants knows the audio is being recorded, it's legal. Usually, they don't go in front of the car, so I don't see videotaping them as an issue.

Anyone know of a good, economical mobile hidden video/audio recording system for this purpose? Low light capability would be a must I think.

Maybe an outlet for used police dash cams?

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 2

If you are in court he will have to know you have him on tape, you have to submit the evidence for cross examination...so it would prolly not end up going very far...

True, but when you go to traffic court, if you're not represented by an attorney, it's just you against the cop.

They don't ever request discovery like a lawyer would, & they state their side first.

You then have the opportunity to question them & get them to dig them selves deeper into their lie.

At that point, one would produce the video & being as evidence doesn't need to be submitted beforehand in traffic court, you got him by the balls.

Being a representative of the whichever police dept, you then have him on violating your 4th amendment rights.... Or so I would think.

From that point, you file a civil suit against the city, state or county, depending on who pulled you over.

I'm generally more crafty than most traffic officers I come across, & I've handed the county attorney his ass all by myself in court in the past.

Fortunately, in their arrogance, they tend to underestimate private citizens abilities to research the law in my experience.

ETA;

In a dream scenario, if I can get to the point where I have the officer by the balls & file a civil suit, Portland is an ultra liberal city & the hippie lawyers don't really like the police all that much. Public oppinion is against them due to many shootings & a lot of past issues, so I might be able to pick up a civil rights type lawyer for assistance pro-bono, or on a contingency.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Ok so he has to give you a ticket not a warning for this scenerio to play out remotely close to what you are saying. Then you prove you are right the ticket gets dropped and dismissed as oversight no civil suit would be likely. Unless he used it as a reason to search your vehicle, even then you have to consent to the search, to actually search your vehicle not just pull you over and give you a little bs...imho.

Ok so he has to give you a ticket not a warning for this scenerio to play out remotely close to what you are saying.

Easy.

Just give the officer a disapproving look (over the rim of small spectacles works best)& tell him flat out that he is being deceitful & simply pulled you over to check you out.

His ego will draw him in & in an effort to assert his authority he'll generally engage in a power-play scenario & almost always cite you.

Then you prove you are right the ticket gets dropped and dismissed as oversight no civil suit would be likely.

Good point.

But that may be overcome if I just happened to forget the tape before leaving home to go to trial, & being as the judge ALWAYS sides with the officer, take the conviction, file a complaint against the officer & then produce the recordings on appeal.

Unless he used it as a reason to search your vehicle, even then you have to consent to the search, to actually search your vehicle not just pull you over and give you a little bs...imho.

Oh, the search isn't a problem...

I have a CHL. They'll run my license & know I have a gun.

All I need to do is look into a young officer's eyes & they get nervous.

Then I lock my glovebox.

They'll almost always search the vehicle citing officer safety if you quickly & adamantly (but politely) deny their request to search your car... At least in my parts.

But I was under the impression that they needed Probable Cause just to pull you over in the first place. I consider the demand for my "papers" a search. Am I wrong? :unsure:

The reason they give for P.C. is often B.S.. The true reason is usually something along the lines of driving through an area where drugs are sold, or making eye contact with them while passing.

This was the case recently, when I was heading home through downtown & missed a left turn, so I made the next left, drove through what has become Portland's street pharmacy & made another left to get to the street that I needed to take to get to a bridge to cross the river.

As I think about it, a hidden camera would be essential.

Maybe mounted in a dome light with a DVR hiden in the 10 pack CD player's case after I disconnect it & hook an I-pod to my stereo's feeds.

One thing I've learned in our society, is that one man CAN make a change, they just need to be smart about it & have the balls to pull it off.

It's not entrapping the officer anymore than an officer entraps a drug dealer by offering him money for drugs, so I wouldn't lose sleep about using them as a pawn in a bigger game.

Rules & laws work both ways.

• Like 1

Thought this sounded familiar, had to go dig a bit...

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews/2007/06/brian_d_kelly_didnt_think.html

http://www.citmedialaw.org/teen-arrested-videotaping-police

Right down the road from our place. Tread lightly and know the law first.

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1

Find an old baseball hat drill a hole in it and let one of these peep out of it. The ZI8 is the highest rated pocket video camera at the moment. It can be found for about $125.00.

Video:

http://store.kodak.c...uctID.156585800

They can be modded with inexpensive magnetic lens:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wRwvzMyQIqU

I keep a digital voice recorder in a nylon zippered visor holder above my head on the drivers side of my truck. It can be turned on in seconds. Easy to dump the audio files and email if necessary.

Audio:

http://www.amazon.co...92088187&sr=8-2

Wonder why I do this you ask? I do work for large major oil and gas companies in the south. It requires me to drive through many small towns that are frequented by Oil and Gas personnel due to the access roads. Local small police departments know this and troll the highways for any violation for funding opportunities. Do not believe what you hear about having to tell LEO's you have a recording of them. I will tell you from experience if you have a good attorney, it won't get that far. If an LEO does something stupid it normally won't go before a judge and his / her ass will be in deep trouble.

This is one of the towns I have to frequently drive through:

http://www.infowars....umper-stickers/

Also just a little personal piece of advice. Only open your mouth when asked a direct question and only answer with a yes or no response. LEOS are digitally wired for sound and it is being archived in the trunk of their patrol car. I was provoked once in a small town in Arkansas (Harrison) during a White River fishing trip. I believe it was a major frustration for this LEO because he could not get a response after provoking me. After this experience, a light bulb went off in my head and I realized this traffic stop wasn't about safety. Silly me. Wife is an officer of the court and kept silent during the whole ordeal and was livid afterward. All this shit just for a traffic ticket. Now before you view this as an attempt to bash law enforcement it isn't. My family has done more volunteer work than any other family for a large major city police department in the south. The world has changed Ward and June Cleaver are dead. I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Good luck and be prepared,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 3

Hat's off to you, Paulski. You have stones. Myself - If I had the desire to become a test case, I would seek out mental help professionals!

I'm surrounded by & am a mental health professional myself. ^_^

A great man, Arnold Rothstien onece said;

"Never confuse your position with your best interests.

Sometimes, the best way to achieve one's best interests is to give up one's position.

If you want to get them on their backs, sometimes the best way is to open the door for them.

Sometimes one cuts their losses, sometimes one takes a small loss to make a large gain."

If played right, the end result could pay off rather well in multiple ways.

Change for society is the ultimate objective, but what's the motivator to assure that localities change & stop violating the citizen's constitutional rights???

Costly lawsuits, that's what.

All I would really be risking is a minor traffic violation conviction & a couple hundred dollars in court filing fees the way I see it.

Not to mention, I LOVE a good fight. :boxing:

Nothing excites me more than my heart jumping around, then winning, especially taking a lawyer with a stellar education in his own courtroom.

Kinda like trolling the government & winning.

• Like 1

One B.S. thing I got pulled over for a long time ago was "Your inspection sticker has a different date than your registration sticker." Neither one was expired. He just saw a long haired, leather jacket guy driving a muscle car and figured I had drugs. Luckily, I didn't that day!

• Like 1

I live in a rather small town so the cops tend to be rejects that cant make it elsewhere. They have a big reputation for pulling folks over for bs reason.

More than once when I have been pulled over for "your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious vehicle reporting". I drive a black chevy pickup truck.....lmao wonder how many vehicles that look like that are around. :rolleyes: When asked if they can search my vehicle I kindly state no and why. One time i was pulling in my drive and a cop pulled in behind me walked up to my truck and just started feeling the tired and sniffing around like he was CSI or some thing. I just laughed and asked him if he could explain to me what was going on or leave. (he said he was looking for some one that had been doing donuts in the wal mart parking lot....Looked at me all crazy when I asked him how he would know if it was me or not by touching my tires.) lmao. im not that stupid tires are too expensive :cryss: , besides in the sticks we keep our trucks in the mud. Silly redneck poepoe.

Now that im older I dont get messed with usually, but I can only imagine what they are up to these days. Most crap happend while we were young, but most us knew what not to be running the town doing. We kept our business to the pasture parties. :haha: Although we did have a few times when our beer got taken. I can only imagine where that went haha.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 2

I live in a rather small town/. They {LEOs} have a big reputation for pulling folks over for bs reasons.

More than once when I have been pulled over for "your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious vehicle reporting". I drive a black chevy pickup truck.....lmao wonder how many vehicles that look like that are around. :rolleyes: When asked if they can search my vehicle I kindly state no and why. One time i was pulling in my drive and a cop pulled in behind me walked up to my truck and just started feeling the tired and sniffing around like he was CSI or some thing. I just laughed and asked him if he could explain to me what was going on or leave. (he said he was looking for some one that had been doing donuts in the wal mart parking lot....Looked at me all crazy when I asked him how he would know if it was me or not by touching my tires.) lmao. im not that stupid tires are too expensive :cryss: , besides in the sticks we keep our trucks in the mud. Silly/ poepoe.

Now just think... :unsure:

If he were to keep you there (meaning you aren't allowed to leave) to run your ID against your wishes, let alone search your rig, & you were to file a complaint & subsequent law suit for an unlawful search without cause & unlawful detention, you could command discovery to see what dispatches went out & see if he actually recieved a call matching your trucks description.

I think as more people started standing up for their rights & showed the local & state government that they're not going to take being detained & have their barcode scanned without cause, & they hit them where it hurt, thus less money for new toys & overtime & a harder time getting re-elected because of it, we can take our freedom back piece by piece.

But people have to twist the thumbscrews.

The legaslature & local government, that none of the citizens know from jack, keep passing new bills to funnel more money into revanue collection, & if we hit them in the wallet, they just may be inclined to pass the order down the line to only stop people when you actually have PC. REAL PC.

Fuck, start a trend like the lawyers always do.

Lawyers are like sharks. They smell blood & all want their own example of every trendy lawsuit. This is the beuaty of the republic. The law actually does superceed law enforcment personell.

You screw one old cop right before his pention & the rest are going to be more inclined to avoid that mistake with the next guy. It's another way to effect change from within.

I mean, they have cameras to give us photo-radar tickets when there's not another soul on the road for a mile either way, why can't we utilize the same equiptment to take at least SOME of our liberty back.

The law really is written on our, the populous's side...

For now.

Pauly, In order to stop someone you have to have articulable reasonable suspicion that a crime has occured or an actual violation has occured (seat belt, speeding, turn signal, etc). This is less than probable cause. PC is what you need for a search or an arrest. The Supreme Court has somewhat ok'ed your "fishing expeditions." For example, you may be seen driving through a high drug area and are spotted by a cop. He sees you not use a turn signal or some other minor violation and stops you for it. He/she may only care about you possibly being involved in drug activity and not care about the turn signal. The Supreme Court calls this a pretext stop and says that as long as the cop had a valid reason for stopping you it doesn't matter what his intentions were (as far as seeing if you are drunk, high, have drugs, stolen guns, etc.).

If you are pulled over for some BS reason or they just want to check you out then obviously that is a no no and I completely agree with you that this should not happen. Also when you are stopped for a valid reason you have to show them your license, registration and proof of insurance. Them asking for it is not a search. It is written in the law (at least in my great state) that you have to do this so everyone knows it when they take off down the road. Good luck on your quest. There are too many of us good cops out there that don't need these few turds making us look bad.

• Like 1

Paulski, I'm with ya man. Ive been pulled so many times for BS crap. One off the top of my head a buddy came and picked me up in his CUSTOM car to go to the car wash. pulling in the car wash a po-po pulls in behind us and proceeds to harass us. after inquiring why he was detaining us he says "We just watched this car leave a known drug house down the street" This was total BS and it had me so mad i couldn't stand it.theres no way they were mistaken b/c the vehicle was VERY unique. We knew where we had been and the cop knew he was lying but thats all they have to do is LIE!! and that is exactly what they do!! all they have to say is you were "acting/driving in a suspicious manner!!) i was pulled once for turning around @ about 2am i passed my road and was pulled and told i was "acting suspicious" by turning around late at night!!!WTF??

If i had the change to not worry about a simple traffic ticket i would deff. do it. In fact i would drive through cracktown in the middle of the night just to get pulled over. Someday i hope to help you fight the good fight against the erosion of our rights but sadly I'm too poor right now to risk getting a ticket. I already have a record of 9 pages(mostly dismissals) so yeah i love to fight and win to but Ive had enough run ins with the law to know they usually win. sad as it is, sometimes you might win a small battle but i dont think you can win the war b/c all you'll end up doing is pissing every cop in your town off and they'll all be out to get you. Also its worth mentioning that if a cop knows he's being recorded you can forget a warning you will be ticketed for something b/c he's gonna follow the letter of the law. Rather than get in trouble later for pulling you and not ticketing you and he will also site you for everything he can think of!!! and the problem comes b/c YOU CANT PROVE he didn't have a reasonable cause to stop you, even with video.

Don't get me wrong I'm with ya 100%, i say stick it to em if you can. just be aware your not gonna make any friends and you should be aware of your local laws Ive heard of several of these wiretapping charges. but i also read somewhere the technically when an officer is on duty he has no assumption of privacy b/c he works in the public. when you leave you private residence you have no guarantee of privacy and an officer on duty is no diffrent. so i say thats a fight for supreme court right there.

Just a side note on the above video, NC is OC state but dont let a cop catch you OC'in anywhere in NC anymore. They have made up a new law its called "going armed to the terror of the public" and they have charged people with this new law for OC'in. all it takes is somebody gettin scared b/c a man is carrying a gun and callin the police!!! Then you have just "went armed to the terror of the public" ITs BS and pisses me off to no end b/c my local hillbilly LEO wont give me a permit for CCW and its too risky to open carry!!!

Edited by big-J

Just a side note on the above video, NC is OC state but dont let a cop catch you OC'in anywhere in NC anymore. They have made up a new law its called "going armed to the terror of the public" and they have charged people with this new law for OC'in. all it takes is somebody gettin scared b/c a man is carrying a gun and callin the police!!! Then you have just "went armed to the terror of the public" ITs BS and pisses me off to no end b/c my local hillbilly LEO wont give me a permit for CCW and its too risky to open carry!!!

They didn't "just make up" that law, it is one that has likely been on the books for a very, very long time. A lot of southern states, NC being one of them, still have a lot of vague and bogus laws on the books from the Jim Crow era of segregation and racial bias despite modern laws allowing shall issue CCW, etc. Another example of this in NC law is the permit to purchase a handgun. Prior to the relatively modern exception for people with CCW, the handgun law in NC is that one must go to the sheriff's office of their county in person, pay a very small fee, and the permit is handed to them moments later. While it's basically just an inconvenience for people without an NC CCW today, this was done in the old days so that if someone white went in they'd walk out with a permit, and if someone of color went in, they'd be told that the sheriff was out of town, busy, come back tomorrow, etc.

A lot of laws like that are on the book still unfortunately, in the old days they were used so that once again, white guy with a rifle must be a hunter, black guy is "armed to terror of the public" and subsequently finds himself in big trouble. Take the 1941 Florida case of Watson v. Stone:

the 1893 law "was passed when there was a great influx

of negro laborers in this State....The same condition

existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act

was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro

laborers....The statute was never intended to be

applied to the white population and in practice has

never been so applied...".

These kinds of laws were forgotten because for a while they weren't enforced, but are now being abused by different people for different reasons. Your best bet is to look into Second Amendment Foundation, who are currently challenging NC's "no carrying guns during state of emergency" (state of emergency being as little as a snowstorm) law.

Another bit of interesting history, is that while the south in modern times is generally pro-gun, they were among the first in implementing gun control. The first all-out handgun ban in the USA was passed in South Carolina in 1902 except to sheriffs and "special deputies" who were, well you take a guess who the "special deputies" were ;) And the first handgun and handgun ammo registry was Mississippi in 1906. And there were race-based bans for freed blacks as early as 1831 for VA, FL and MD.

The laws quickly made their way north, where places like NYC and Chicago took a cue from the south and made sure none of those "filthy European immigrants" got their hands on any guns.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 1

They didn't "just make up" that law, it is one that has likely been on the books for a very, very long time. A lot of southern states, NC being one of them, still have a lot of vague and bogus laws on the books from the Jim Crow era of segregation and racial bias despite modern laws allowing shall issue CCW, etc. Another example of this in NC law is the permit to purchase a handgun. Prior to the relatively modern exception for people with CCW, the handgun law in NC is that one must go to the sheriff's office of their county in person, pay a very small fee, and the permit is handed to them moments later. While it's basically just an inconvenience for people without an NC CCW today, this was done in the old days so that if someone white went in they'd walk out with a permit, and if someone of color went in, they'd be told that the sheriff was out of town, busy, come back tomorrow, etc.

A lot of laws like that are on the book still unfortunately, in the old days they were used so that once again, white guy with a rifle must be a hunter, black guy is "armed to terror of the public" and subsequently finds himself in big trouble. Take the 1941 Florida case of Watson v. Stone:

These kinds of laws were forgotten because for a while they weren't enforced, but are now being abused by different people for different reasons. Your best bet is to look into Second Amendment Foundation, who are currently challenging NC's "no carrying guns during state of emergency" (state of emergency being as little as a snowstorm) law.

Another bit of interesting history, is that while the south in modern times is generally pro-gun, they were among the first in implementing gun control. The first all-out handgun ban in the USA was passed in South Carolina in 1902 except to sheriffs and "special deputies" who were, well you take a guess who the "special deputies" were ;) And the first handgun and handgun ammo registry was Mississippi in 1906. And there were race-based bans for freed blacks as early as 1831 for VA, FL and MD.

The laws quickly made their way north, where places like NYC and Chicago took a cue from the south and made sure none of those "filthy European immigrants" got their hands on any guns.

Sorry classy 100% incorrect. And propoganda. ANYONE of legal age with a clean record in NC/VA (citizen) and most of the southern states, (some require a safety course) will get the CCW without any problem. Reguardless of color.

Whats with the racism classy?

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Sorry classy 100% incorrect. And propoganda. ANYONE of legal age with a clean record in NC/VA (citizen) and most of the southern states, (some require a safety course) will get the CCW without any problem. Reguardless of color.

You might want to go back and read my post again. I'm not talking about race issues in modern times. I felt I made that clear with the dates like "1906" and "1902" and terms like "in the old days"

Also, you may want to go read big-J's post again too while you're at it - he seems to be having some trouble getting a CCW in NC. For the most part it's simple, yes, but some people have an incredibly hard time obtaining one depending on their county, due to NC having a "good character" exception on the books still, which some sheriffs choose to abuse.

Sometimes I wonder if you are illiterate?

I live in a rather small town/. They {LEOs} have a big reputation for pulling folks over for bs reasons.

More than once when I have been pulled over for "your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious vehicle reporting". I drive a black chevy pickup truck.....lmao wonder how many vehicles that look like that are around. :rolleyes: When asked if they can search my vehicle I kindly state no and why. One time i was pulling in my drive and a cop pulled in behind me walked up to my truck and just started feeling the tired and sniffing around like he was CSI or some thing. I just laughed and asked him if he could explain to me what was going on or leave. (he said he was looking for some one that had been doing donuts in the wal mart parking lot....Looked at me all crazy when I asked him how he would know if it was me or not by touching my tires.) lmao. im not that stupid tires are too expensive :cryss: , besides in the sticks we keep our trucks in the mud. Silly/ poepoe.

Now just think... :unsure:

If he were to keep you there (meaning you aren't allowed to leave) to run your ID against your wishes, let alone search your rig, & you were to file a complaint & subsequent law suit for an unlawful search without cause & unlawful detention, you could command discovery to see what dispatches went out & see if he actually recieved a call matching your trucks description.

I think as more people started standing up for their rights & showed the local & state government that they're not going to take being detained & have their barcode scanned without cause, & they hit them where it hurt, thus less money for new toys & overtime & a harder time getting re-elected because of it, we can take our freedom back piece by piece.

But people have to twist the thumbscrews.

The legaslature & local government, that none of the citizens know from jack, keep passing new bills to funnel more money into revanue collection, & if we hit them in the wallet, they just may be inclined to pass the order down the line to only stop people when you actually have PC. REAL PC.

Fuck, start a trend like the lawyers always do.

Lawyers are like sharks. They smell blood & all want their own example of every trendy lawsuit. This is the beuaty of the republic. The law actually does superceed law enforcment personell.

You screw one old cop right before his pention & the rest are going to be more inclined to avoid that mistake with the next guy. It's another way to effect change from within.

I mean, they have cameras to give us photo-radar tickets when there's not another soul on the road for a mile either way, why can't we utilize the same equiptment to take at least SOME of our liberty back.

The law really is written on our, the populous's side...

For now.

Pauly, I'm with you. except for all the lawsuit stuff. the embarassment and dropping the charge is good enough for me. But I get your point.

Almost every time someone gets pulled, reguardless of reason, the officer is going to record everything. With, or without your consent. Remember that phrase? "Anything you say can, and will be used AGAINST you"? Well, how many times has it helped you? If an officer tells you you "cannot" record someting happening to you, your in deep shit. Because they dont know the law, or they are trying to hide something. And if you tell the judge you have evidence the officer didnt know about, Make sure you have a jury present. Also, Before letting any officer/judge know you have it, make copys for friends and maybee,........the local newspaper? Just be ready for repercussions.

Having said that.I dont deal with police, I fully support my Sherriff. He's elected for a reason.

• Like 1

You might want to go back and read my post again. I'm not talking about race issues in modern times. I felt I made that clear with the dates like "1906" and "1902" and terms like "in the old days"

Also, you may want to go read big-J's post again too while you're at it - he seems to be having some trouble getting a CCW in NC. For the most part it's simple, yes, but some people have an incredibly hard time obtaining one depending on their county, due to NC having a "good character" exception on the books still, which some sheriffs choose to abuse.

Sometimes I wonder if you are illiterate?

classy I dont need to re read anything, and your not intelligent enough to insult me.

That said, Big-J has stated "I already have a record of 9 pages(mostly dismissals) so yeah i love to fight and win to but Ive had enough run ins with the law to know they usually win."(Big-J I'm not dissin you, just telling the truth) The Sherriff has never met you, just looking at these 9 pages of you? Is he "abusing" the "good character" exception, or is the Sherriff DOING WHAT HE WAS ELECTED TO DO?

• Like 1

classy I dont need to re read anything, and your not intelligent enough to insult me.

It's "you're". If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, you should at least make sure your grammar is correct. <--- See how those words are used, big guy?

Also, I actually wasn't trying to insult you at first. You barged in here, didn't bother to read my post at all, then started talking nonsense about things that weren't even said. Before you go running your mouth, you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skill. I have no clue how the hell anyone who is capable of reading English could have read my post and taken it the way you took it. :unsure:

That said, this is an interesting thread, and I won't let it turn into a cluster fuck because you don't know how to think before you speak, so consider this the end of this exchange.

It's "you're". If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, you should at least make sure your grammar is correct. <--- See how those words are used, big guy?

Also, I actually wasn't trying to insult you at first. You barged in here, didn't bother to read my post at all, then started talking nonsense about things that weren't even said. Before you go running your mouth, you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skill. I have no clue how the hell anyone who is capable of reading English could have read my post and taken it the way you took it. :unsure:

That said, this is an interesting thread, and I won't let it turn into a cluster fuck because you don't know how to think before you speak, so consider this the end of this exchange.

:lolol::haha::lolol: Just take your ball and go home then! :lolol:

ETA. You do know everything you post online is there till the power goes out? Your being recorded for posterity, forever! :lolol:

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

And I guess you also think Rosa Parks wasn't told to get to the back of the bus based on color. Stupid propaganda these days!

Sly, some times you really do just make your self out to look very stupid to the real world bro.

ETA: You really are posting more often as you get more agitated. Just be honest, whose shill/banned account are you? Ill forgive you, I really am open to discussion.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

ITs BS and pisses me off to no end b/c my local hillbilly LEO wont give me a permit for CCW and its too risky to open carry!!!

NC is a "shall issue" state, meaning he must have a damn good reason to deny.

These reasons are laid out in the administrative rules & revised statutes of your state.

My Sheriff attempted to pull that shit on me citing a long driving record & different run ins with the police, not to mention when I eluded (legally) an unmarked police vehicle 4 years prior.

He figured I'd just roll belly up & take it.

WRONG.

I researched the specific reasons that a Sheriff can deny a CHL & the only reason he can, outside of the federal regulations was a PATTERN of violence or threats of violence.

Taking this into account, I paid $185.00 to file & sued the Sheriff.

Oregon is a "shall-issue" state & being as I did not display a PATTERN OF VIOLENCE OR THREATS OF VIOLENCE I won.

A person can even be a serial shoplifter, & as long as 4 years have gone by since their last misdemeanor conviction & they aren't a felon, the sheriff MUST issue the permit.

I also requested they pay my court fees, being as it was their negligence of the law that led to me having to sue them for my permit.

Shall-Issue states only specific reasons that they can deny your permit.

I would strongly suggest that you research the specific reasons that they can deny you & sue if you don't fall under any of the reasons.

A sheriff cannot legally just "decide" that you are of low moral character by looking at your record & deciding so in SHALL issue states.

He MUST have a reason that coincides with the specific laws on the books that tell him what SPECIFIC reasons he can deny for.

I would research if I were you.

Being denied your CHL is worse than never having applied for it in the first place.

ETA;

Even if there's police reports of threats of violence, they must produce the person who you allegedly threatened during your hearing. If they fail to produce the person, you are denied your right to face your accuser & can have that report disregarded.

Remember.

These fucking people work for us.

They're the hired help. Public SERVANTS.

At times, they get on power trips & when they do, it's your duty to put them back in their place.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Some animals are more equal than others. That's why cops feel they have the right to attach tracking devices, frisk, detain, and otherwise screw with anyone they feel like. Oddly, the judges and lawyers who work with them every day seem to side with them.

Never forget you are just a cops source of money, and the target of his impotent frustrations. He honestly thinks he is "a hero", and by being a big man, it will make up for all the times he was called a faggot growing up.

Edited by Heath_h49008
  • Like 2

Sorry, TL/DR, and it's late...but I wanted to say that I've thought of this. I'm a pretty Grey Man (and have almost no problems in this area, and I'm white to boot!), but I feel for those that vehicularly express themselves, as well as minorities (especially blacks and Mexicans) that are driving.

I don't know if anyone's brought up this point, but I do know that the obvious and immediate legal ramifications of taping someone without their knowledge, and how that relates to it being admissible in court has been discussed.

What I'm wondering is the idea of recording something that may not be admissible in a court of law, but one that (in today's Internet Age) can rapidly be spread to the Court Of Opinion. Things go Viral. I'm thinking that if you recorded police abuse that wasn't admissible in court, but that could easily go straight viral and be viewed by Americans all over the Internet, if that would be worth something?

I think it would. With today's Yellow Journalism news stations starving and dying for a story, it might be worth it to record these encounters even if they didn't make it to court.

Because with the right exposure and public outrage, YOU wouldn't make it to court either.