ATF banning Saiga's...Spambots running wild...

Hello forum Guru's

I think the sight has been hacked or we are being played or attacked...

My rationale:

Many of the spammers I saw were from vendor topics so if one of their sites have a loophole that leads here...

The idea that the Prince blog was possibly a shadowed page to fish this sight...

The gun community is easily persuaded into buying hysteria to be prepared...

The vendors may have something to gain from this but not saying any one is the perpetrator...

This causes gauging yes....shortages yes...so are we not prepared for this kind of SHTF...by the creeping length of some threads I would say some need to look and reconsider their preparedness or stop being sheep of their own.

P.S

I posted this to move spam topic out of click area... :lolol:

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Hello forum Guru's

I think the sight has been hacked or we are being played or attacked...

My rationale:

Many of the spammers I saw were from vendor topics so if one of their sites have a loophole that leads here...

The idea that the Prince blog was possibly a shadowed page to fish this sight...

The gun community is easily persuaded into buying hysteria to be prepared...

The vendors may have something to gain from this but not saying any one is the perpetrator...

This causes gauging yes....shortages yes...so are we not prepared for this kind of SHTF...by the creeping length of some threads I would say some need to look and reconsider their preparedness or stop being sheep of their own.

P.S

I posted this to move spam topic out of click area... :lolol:

Yes, this makes perfect sense to my tinfoil cap!!! :haha: :haha:

Hell your probably right! :lolol:

Put the tin foil away.

The spammers are all coming from a Russian site where our is linked, and has been linked more often as of late. Eastern Europe is notorious for spammers so putting your links on a Russian site is pretty much "asking for it"

As for the ban rumor. A blog made a post about the ATF having an announcement regarding shotgun importability. Everything from that point on is purely conjecture and the fault lies solely with these who believed and furthered it (myself unfortunately included). The Prince Law blog never even mentioned "saiga" or box magazines or anything. The entire discussion was 100% speculation.

As for being "attacked", have you ever heard of the website known as 4chan? You ever go in old school IRC chat rooms? Trust me, if nerds want to "attack" a website they don't make a thread about a rumor or a couple spam posts a day. There are script kiddies, hackers, phishers, /b/tards out there who have taken down websites for MasterCard, MPAA, etc. they've gamed Time Magazine's man of the year, solely for the fun of it.

And you think people like that are gonna even give a shit about a website like this one?

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

For the record. I just returned from SHOT, and met with both RAAC, and Forum management (Makc). It was business as usual. There was NO discussion, or the remotest concern regarding the hearsay and rumors which have run rampant since Friday.

I can tell you with certainty that to a person, everyone I know on the business side of the equation regards this rumor driven non-event, as a distraction and an annoyance.

One consequence of the scare is that it has caused a run on factory Saiga shotguns.... Because it will take a while for more to arrive from Russia - new guns from dealers may be scarce for a while. Let me point out here, that during the run - not a single forum sponsor raised prices for new guns. On the other hand, those individuals who bought up quantities hoping to profit from escalating prices and speculation are likely to be deeply disappointed.

I would look for those speculative factory gun purchases to turn up shortly in increasing quantities on auction sites, with prices initially on the high side, but rapidly deflating to normal market levels due to the quantity of guns offered, and competition to unload them.

Mike

• Like 5

For the record. I just returned from SHOT, and met with both RAAC, and Forum management (Makc). It was business as usual. There was NO discussion, or the remotest concern regarding the hearsay and rumors which have run rampant since Friday.

I can tell you with certainty that to a person, everyone I know on the business side of the equation regards this rumor driven non-event, as a distraction and an annoyance.

One consequence of the scare is that it has caused a run on factory Saiga shotguns.... Because it will take a while for more to arrive from Russia - new guns from dealers may be scarce for a while. Let me point out here, that during the run - not a single forum sponsor raised prices for new guns. On the other hand, those individuals who bought up quantities hoping to profit from escalating prices and speculation are likely to be deeply disappointed.

I would look for those speculative factory gun purchases to turn up shortly in increasing quantities on auction sites, with prices initially on the high side, but rapidly deflating to normal market levels due to the quantity of guns offered, and competition to unload them.

Mike

Thanks for the info. Glad to see something from one of the Business Members here, finally.

I hadn't bothered to even check S12 prices at the board's vendor sites......but if what you say is true, about none of our sponsors here raising prices, then good on them. :beer: My view on them would have changed if they did jack prices up, to be honest.

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Like 1
The Prince Law blog never even mentioned "saiga" or box magazines or anything.

The heck he didn't! It was all he mentioned by name, making both of his posts entirely about the Saiga shotguns. WTF were YOU reading !?!

http://blog.princelaw.com/

Of course, we now know he was FOS, but a lot of people (including myself) gave this guy more credibility than he deserved.

Mike

Thanks for the informed and first hand report Mike! And a big salute to all our forum vendors.beer.gif

• Like 2

i believe MD raised their prices from 460.00 to 490.00

kvar raised theirs from 489.00 to 519.00

and greg didnt have time to raise his prices he sold his last 6 s-12's rather quickly...not saying he would have, but his went quick...

Edited by lvjeffro
  • Like 1

and greg didnt have time to raise his prices he sold his last 6 s-12's rather quickly...not saying he would have, but his went quick...

If that is the case - I stand corrected as to those particular vendors, and will leave it to them to comment. I did not see price increases on their websites when I checked.

I don't speak for Greg, but I have been in contact with him over the weekend, and just spoke TO him within the last couple of hours. I can say with certainty that it is not fair or accurate to say that Greg would have raised prices had he not sold out so quickly. I know with certainty that is not the case.

Respectfully,

Mike Rogers

If that is the case - I stand corrected as to those particular vendors, and will leave it to them to comment. I did not see price increases on their websites when I checked.

I don't speak for Greg, but I have been in contact with him over the weekend, and just spoke TO him within the last couple of hours. I can say with certainty that it is not fair or accurate to say that Greg would have raised prices had he not sold out so quickly. I know with certainty that that is not the case.

Respectfully,

Mike Rogers

As you can clearly see in my post, I definitely mentioned that I wasnt saying he would have...My intention of that comment was to say he sold the guns he had very quickly...I noticed that my post looked like I was saying greg would have but didnt have time, and thats why I went in and changed my post...

Not trying to bash anyone if they did raise their prices, I know for sure K-var did, and 99% positive MD did as well, thats why I said " I believe", as I could have been mistaken...

• Like 1

I don't speak for Greg, but I have been in contact with him over the weekend, and just spoke TO him within the last couple of hours. I can say with certainty that it is not fair or accurate to say that Greg would have raised prices had he not sold out so quickly. I know with certainty that that is not the case.

Respectfully,

Mike Rogers

As you can clearly see in my post, I definitely mentioned that I wasnt saying he would have...My intention of that comment was to say he sold the guns he had very quickly...I noticed that my post looked like I was saying greg would have but didnt have time, and thats why I went in and changed my post...

Not trying to bash anyone if they did raise their prices, I know for sure K-var did, and 99% positive MD did as well, thats why I said " I believe", as I could have been mistaken...

I appreciate your sentiment and clarification. As I indicated in an earlier post, the entire episode has been a source of annoyance to many of us in the business community.

The nature of the supply chain is such that dealers who did sell out are simply out of stock and out of sales until guns are available again. The volume that normally would have been generated over a course of weeks has been depleted in a couple days - without a source of resupply until new shipments arrive from Europe, dealer sales will simply slow to a trickle for a time.

At the end of the day, I don't think it will make a great deal of difference to the market in general, as there is actually no less inventory available. Much of it has simply changed hands. In the absence of a real drought - people who ran up their credit cards buying guns speculatively, are going to need to sell them when the bills come due.

In the meantime, someone somewhere is pissing himself laughing....

Mike

• Like 3

MD Arms didn't raise their prices... We did back just before Christmas when the price we pay went up and finding out on top of it that the shipment would likely be our last for awhile... This is the time we all raised our prices. We was all around $460 and all went to $500, about 3 days before Christmas... We were holding around 33 saiga-12s from our last order to set up our conversion line with but I secured some more shotguns and desided to sell what I was holding as I didn't need that many. I listed them today and all but 6 have sold for $500 each... All I have left are 2 IZ-107s at $500 each and 2 pairs of consecutives for $1050 a pair. They are on gunbroker if anyone is interested. We did end our sale prices tonight. They have been running for 2 1/2 months all through the holiday season, it was time. On top of that I wanted to slow sales a bit. Stuff has been selling in crazy volume for the past month and was great through Christmas... We are trying to prevent from running out of drums before we are restocked...

If anyone is interested we should have MD Arms conversions for sale in 4 to 6 weeks! They will be our first available to the public!

If anyone is interested we should have MD Arms conversions for sale in 4 to 6 weeks! They will be our first available to the public!

Now the million dollar question...............

Do they come with a double-stack mag??? :D

On a serious note....are you guys doing the conversion, in-house? Or having someone else do them?

On a serious note....are you guys doing the conversion, in-house? Or having someone else do them?

They will be done in house. We know all the tricks. All holes welded and like they never happened. Riveted on, heat treated Izhmash style trigger guards. Bake on finish. All the bells and whistles and at a very reasonable price and not sacraficing a super high quality build. Price hasn't been squared away yet as well as options offered. That's what we needed to hold back guns for, test runs...

They will be done in house. We know all the tricks. All holes welded and like they never happened. Riveted on, heat treated Izhmash style trigger guards. Bake on finish. All the bells and whistles and at a very reasonable price and not sacraficing a super high quality build. Price hasn't been squared away yet as well as options offered. That's what we needed to hold back guns for, test runs...

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.

You skirted the million dollar question...........again. Please oh please give me some double stacks. At least a teaser.027.gif