My S12 has a name!!

to Yeoldetool: Why not? Besides it seems the thing to do. Historically, individual arms have been named (This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine...). Yes, I know, it's merely a tool, and I consider it such, but why not have a little fun...

Edited by EWOKETEER

I have never, ever called an instrument of death a toy, nor will I. I have a lot of fun with it , but it is NOT a toy.

What do you do with toys? Play with them. Just as when I go out and have my big boy "playtime" out at my farm where I shoot or at the range. Sometimes you do things to thing to them like upgrade it, that make them able to be "played with" better or in a different way or function better. Just as how I added a pistol grip,CSS quad rail forearm, Magpul CTR stock...w.e. so that I can "enjoy playtime" with a different looking toy than I had originally but still the same one. I have never called it an instrument of death as I have never used it to kill something and until I use it for that intended purpose, it is just one of my big boy toys B)

Only my special guns have names. I had a contest at work to name my Saiga-12. The winner,,, Mr. Whoop Ass. I call him Whoop for short. I like to think of my MD20 drum mag as serving up a "can" of whoop ass. For now it's a toy that I plan on becoming very proficient with. If / when things go to crap I will do what I have to do.

I have never, ever called an instrument of death a toy, nor will I. I have a lot of fun with it , but it is NOT a toy.

What do you do with toys? Play with them. Just as when I go out and have my big boy "playtime" out at my farm where I shoot or at the range. Sometimes you do things to thing to them like upgrade it, that make them able to be "played with" better or in a different way or function better. Just as how I added a pistol grip,CSS quad rail forearm, Magpul CTR stock...w.e. so that I can "enjoy playtime" with a different looking toy than I had originally but still the same one. I have never called it an instrument of death as I have never used it to kill something and until I use it for that intended purpose, it is just one of my big boy toys B)

Well just have to agree that we're worlds apart on this. I have killed with mine, and I will again.

Since it IS a tool, I was thinking of referring to it as a Goblin Alignment Tool (I just noticed the Acronym--rather appropriate), but not all adversaries are bipedal, and yes, we,unfortunately,do have goblins in the woodline, and, God forbid, I WILL defend hearth and home with whatever force is necessary.

Well just have to agree that we're worlds apart on this. I have killed with mine, and I will again.

hahaha...sounds pretty vicious! Not that I wouldn't consider my 2 S12's to be worthy of killing in the next civil war or if zombies attacked just because I call it a "toy".

As I was coming home this morning, a name popped into my head--Glamdring, Sindarin for Foe Hammer. It fits, and I would hope the Tolkien family would appreciate its use on an appropriate modern arm.:big_smile: :big_smile:

Names like that REALLY pop into your head??? Seems like you have too many Wizard points, or you are smokin' Pixie Dust!!:lolol:

• Like 1

Only my special guns have names. I had a contest at work to name my Saiga-12. The winner,,, Mr. Whoop Ass. I call him Whoop for short. I like to think of my MD20 drum mag as serving up a "can" of whoop ass. For now it's a toy that I plan on becoming very proficient with. If / when things go to crap I will do what I have to do.

I guess I'm not the only one who calls it their toy...I totally agree with you though..... It's only a toy until it needs not be any longer! :super::super:

to Rob Rez: As to wizard points, I'm not aware of the meaning. And, as far as Pixie Dust--aren't you supposed to sprinkle it on yourself, not snort it :lolol:

to Yeolde tool:It was never meant lightly--after all, we are dealing with lethal tools, not toys. Were not the rail guns named? (Big Bertha, et al.) My thought was to indivualize it, or something to that effect...

How about a middle ground between "Instrument of death" and "Big boy toy"?

A tool, guys. I can kill someone with a sledgehammer just as easily as I'd have fun smashing something inanimate with it. I'll name it, too.

Relax. Call it whatever you want, the fact remains it's an auto loading 12Gauge.

My Saiga is named Little Debbie.

i call mine.....a "saiga 12"!

its a tool, not a family member.

and what a handy tool it is.

cant open a locked door? saiga 12. that jar of pickles giving you trouble? saiga 12. cant get that douche who knocked up youre daughter to marry her? saiga 12. the list goes on and on folks! so ask youre parents permision and head on out and get you one.

WARNING! improper use of saiga 12 may cause serious injuries.

do not use saiga 12 if you are pregnant or may become pregnant.

do not consume alcohol while using saiga 12.

consult a docter if you experience itchy trigger finger.

if you are a gun fearing,liberal,pussy,douche, then saiga 12 may not be right for you. consult a gunowner before trying saiga 12.

Edited by psl sniper

cant open a locked door? saiga 12. that jar of pickles giving you trouble? saiga 12. cant get that douche who knocked up youre daughter to marry her? saiga 12. the list goes on and on folks! so ask youre parents permision and head on out and get you one.

if you are a gun fearing,liberal,pussy,douche, then saiga 12 may not be right for you. consult a gunowner before trying saiga 12.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: I'm dying here! :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: I'm dying here! :lolol:

i felt it was funny enough for it own thread. some miner differences between the 2.

As you can probably tell by my screen name, that i'm a Tolkien fan, have been since 1965ish. And I have named my weapons also. My S12 is named Boris, my two 1911's are named, and engraved Frick & Frack. My M107 is named Finger of God. My PPKS is named Lil Snu Snu. I don't see anything wrong with it, and as for naming tools, weapons, inanimate objects, people do it all the time, especially with their transportation choice.

So if you wanna name them, go ahead.

HUZZAH!!!